IGNORED

Jordan Pickford

This lad is so overrated.majority of shots on target have gone in lately. The definition of a truelly great keeper is stopping shots they have no right to be saved. He doesn't do that at present. He makes good eyecatching saves, but when you play them back, they're more theatrical than anything. 

I feel from what I see of his body language, is he is a crowd pleaser. He's highly eratic and the one outstanding feature, his distribution, has also gone to pot a bit.

He's still young and Alot to learn, but I really don't see what the fuss is about at the minute.

• 1 month later...

He is young, there is still a lot for him to learn. Goalkeepers' golden age starts around the age of 27-28 until the point they decide to retire. So, it is still early to judge him by his weaknesses. As long as he continues his development, he'll be there as a good goalkeeper, maybe even better.

Even now he is good enough GK for Everton. I think he is a good one and a hot prospect for the future.

Communication is vital of course, he is not that bad but still can get better. Thinking about best goalkeepers of 80's and 90's. What comes to my mind first Schmeichel and Kahn. Both known for their organization of defence (according to their teammates, they were even so rude in the game...). Well, our Turkish goalkeeper Rustu was a good one back then. He is known for similar attitudes. No matter how young you are, you need to let your defensive players know that you are the boss on the pitch. So they can listen to you... It is important.

Rushing out, shot stopping, aerial control ability he is OK. My opinion is, he needs to work hard on these.

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, markjazzbassist said:

Story stems from the S*n, therefore it is a load of made up shite. Christ I wish that rag would burn to the fucking ground.

In other news, glad he's number 1 for England, fully deserved.

• 2 weeks later...
42 minutes ago, Aidan said:

Pickford on diving around on concrete as a child

"The only thing that hurt was when the ball went in the back of the net." 

Ye, but I've never played on concrete were I've had a net aswell. The lads a bullshitter. Jumpers for goal posts more like.

58 minutes ago, yamar said:

Ye, but I've never played on concrete were I've had a net aswell. The lads a bullshitter. Jumpers for goal posts more like.

You could afford jumpers?

In our case, all year round, it was shirts against skins. And heaven forbid if our parents found us playing in our (only pair of) shoes.

12 hours ago, Cornish Steve said:

You could afford jumpers?

In our case, all year round, it was shirts against skins. And heaven forbid if our parents found us playing in our (only pair of) shoes.

😂😂😂