IGNORED

Jordan Pickford

8 hours ago, Matt said:

He needs to sort his famed distribution out for me, but more so defensive organisation skills too

Ai, good keeper and character and all that.

He gets a lot of credit for his distribution but it's not as smart when you see it every week. Good but not as good as made out.

16 hours ago, Newty82 said:

Ai, good keeper and character and all that.

He gets a lot of credit for his distribution but it's not as smart when you see it every week. Good but not as good as made out.

That was always my concern. I do like him but he’s still definitely a work in progress and I still don’t see that big a difference of an upgrade on Robles. Looking forward to seeing him with a settled back 4 in front of him and pacy attackers to launch the ball to

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Matt said:

I want to see that last minute save he made before extra time again, anyone found it?

Isn’t it the one that’s just been posted?

His penalty save was brilliant but the save before they equalised was incredible. Absolutely world class. No doubt messrs Neville and Dixon will only give him praise through gritted teeth. 

18 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

Isn’t it the one that’s just been posted?

His penalty save was brilliant but the save before they equalised was incredible. Absolutely world class. No doubt messrs Neville and Dixon will only give him praise through gritted teeth. 

Wouldn’t open for me. Was hoping there’d be a multi angle clip going around 

9 hours ago, Bailey said:

The penalty save was almost as good to. Those reactions from 12 yards!

Stark contrast to Dier's pen and the 'keeper's attempt; Jordan's was by far the more difficult save while Ospina got probably as much of the ball but didn't have the arm strength to keep it out. Not sure of his contract situation but we need to make sure he's here for the long haul or at least give him an improved one so we can make big money if the vultures circle and his head is turned (see Salah over the park).

Local red mate of mine keeps banging on that they'd have won the CL if they'd had him between the sticks.

19 hours ago, MikeO said:

Stark contrast to Dier's pen and the 'keeper's attempt; Jordan's was by far the more difficult save while Ospina got probably as much of the ball but didn't have the arm strength to keep it out. Not sure of his contract situation but we need to make sure he's here for the long haul or at least give him an improved one so we can make big money if the vultures circle and his head is turned (see Salah over the park).

Local red mate of mine keeps banging on that they'd have won the CL if they'd had him between the sticks.

He is probably right to be fair! He is by far the best young keeper I have seen for a long time, certainly English keeper. 

I dont think he has any real flaws and more importantly he has a great mentality. If we dont pull our finger out next season, he will be off, and deservedly so.

1 hour ago, Bill said:

The one flaw he has is pushing the ball back into play rather than pushing it to the side or over the bar.

Good goalie tho, if he can be anywhere near as good as big Nev he'll do well.

That is a very fair point actually. Its harder to do with the way balls swerve these days as its hard to predict the flight but other keepers can do it so he can too.

1 hour ago, Bill said:

The one flaw he has is pushing the ball back into play rather than pushing it to the side or over the bar.

"Experts" keep on banging on about this but from what I see he has a very strong arm so when he does push it back into play it's not dropping in front of him for a following up striker to have a tap-in, he's getting distance on it. I'd have thought if the defence is awake to what's likely to happen then it's a better option than giving away a set piece, Colombia goal being an example though obviously a punch wasn't an option on that occasion.

Keepers all over the World have been punching the ball far more than ours for as long as I can remember, and many of them have not been waiting 52 years for a trophy.

3 hours ago, MikeO said:

"Experts" keep on banging on about this but from what I see he has a very strong arm so when he does push it back into play it's not dropping in front of him for a following up striker to have a tap-in, he's getting distance on it. I'd have thought if the defence is awake to what's likely to happen then it's a better option than giving away a set piece, Colombia goal being an example though obviously a punch wasn't an option on that occasion.

Keepers all over the World have been punching the ball far more than ours for as long as I can remember, and many of them have not been waiting 52 years for a trophy.

1 hour ago, StevO said:

I thought for Everton he didn’t seem to push it into play, not noticed it for England until I read it in the media. 

I have seen him do it a few times for us and Sunderland and its a strange one. Like you say Mike its always a strong punch so it would take a hell of a reaction but it does go back into the danger area more than it should IMO. Not sure why it happens, likely a slight misjudgement but it is possibly his one flaw.