IGNORED

Jordan Pickford

9 hours ago, Finn balor said:

He is a leader. He was digging people out as soon as he signed and he will do this his whole career. I think he will end up England’s best ever keeper 

Pushing Coleman for the armband once Jags gives it up?

57 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

It's kind of ridiculous how much outrage has been caused over this. Courtois and Jordan are great keepers, and it was obvious when he made the initial comment that it was in jest. Banter even. This is just tabloid journalism to get hits.

And I'm not calling you out Romey, you just posted the link. 😎

• 2 weeks later...
Just now, Romey 1878 said:

Just be prepared for the relentless media campaign to get him there.

yeah once that starts it will be "he's not going anywhere" this summer, by january it will be in full swing "we are not selling" and then come summer he will be unsettled and be sold.  honestly i don't want to sell him but if we can fleece them like the red shite were for alisson, i'm all for it.  100m upfront or nothing at all.  make roman pay up.

Abramovich has stopped bankrolling Chelsea since he realised he can't hope to outspend City, so I can't see Chelsea tossing away close to 100 million on a goalkeeper. Chelsea's money now comes from doing ridiculously dodgy deals with other oil-doping clubs (an over-the-hill David Luiz to PSG for 50 million for example). They are nowhere near the financial force they were 15 years ago when he took over. Plus, the British government is looking to clamp down on him and his ilk (they refused to continue his visa; last I heard he was exiled in Israel and became a citizen).

None of that will stop the media from trying to unsettle Jordan of course, but if his World Cup heroics showed me anything it's that the lad's very focused and won't let tabloid bullshit get to him.   

4 minutes ago, Isaiah said:

Abramovich has stopped bankrolling Chelsea since he realised he can't hope to outspend City, so I can't see Chelsea tossing away close to a 100 million on a goalkeeper. Chelsea's money now comes from doing ridiculously dodgy deals with other oil-doping clubs (an over-the-hill David Luiz to PSG for 50 million for example). They are nowhere near the financial force they were 15 years ago when he took over. Plus, the British government is looking to clamp down on him and his ilk (they refused to continue his visa; last I heard he was exiled in Israel and became a citizen).

None of that will stop the media from trying to unsettle Jordan of course, but if his World Cup heroics showed me anything it's that the lad's very focused and won't let tabloid bullshit get to him.   

yep that's why i'd hold them ransom.  because it would make them look poor and like idiots.  they won't and can't pay that, show them to be the middle of the road side they are now and the sell to buy club they've become.