IGNORED

Jordan Pickford

• 3 weeks later...

He's been excellent for us no doubt, but he gives me the impression that he thinks he better than he really is. That's both good and bad. I think he's trying too much. 

The stat flashed across the TV today that he has 3 errors resulting in goals (tied for the 1st place in the PL). Today, the error doesn't matter as much since we were never in it, but that has to stop. Like Btay said, he needs a reset. 

2 minutes ago, sibdane said:

He's been excellent for us no doubt, but he gives me the impression that he thinks he better than he really is. That's both good and bad. I think he's trying too much. 

The stat flashed across the TV today that he has 3 errors resulting in goals (tied for the 1st place in the PL). Today, the error doesn't matter as much since we were never in it, but that has to stop. Like Btay said, he needs a reset. 

Saved us more points than he's cost us.

14 minutes ago, sibdane said:

We were very much in it at the time of the error, in fact we were winning. His fuck up was the turning point of the game so it definitely did matter

However I agree with Mike he saves us more points than he costs us

He is still only a baby in goal keeping terms, if he learns from these mistakes he will become world class

1 hour ago, sibdane said:

This.

1 hour ago, Paddock said:

He does my fucking head in- he’s erratic, his distribution is piss poor ( one in 20 are decent) his decision making is poor, he’s susceptible from distance and his punching/command of his area is poor. This is not an over reaction from yesterday he’s been shite all season. Does my fucking head in.

Interesting how many more feel that way, I know yamar does, I’m not there yet but I am starting to have some serious doubts as to whether he is becoming overly confident and thinks what ever he touches will turn to gold, maybe he needs a reality check and left out for a few games. 

3 hours ago, Paddock said:

He does my fucking head in- he’s erratic, his distribution is piss poor ( one in 20 are decent) his decision making is poor, he’s susceptible from distance and his punching/command of his area is poor. This is not an over reaction from yesterday he’s been shite all season. Does my fucking head in.

Not just me then! His distribution was supposed to be one of his biggest selling points but it’s awful. 

Anyway, I’m blaming part of it on the switching of defense and him trying to take charge. His mistakes, not his distribution 

It's fine lads..... he will come out and tell us how mentally strong he is and will get ready for the next game blah blah blah

Personally I'm starting to get pissed off with his need to be Mr Dramatic... I get the feeling that the world cup heroics gave him a taste of the limelight. He does so many uneccesary things.... mentally strong??? Mentally numb is what I would say.

If I see him make another mistake and stand there giving it the big Joe Hart alpha male chest out and chew his gum in a way of a saying "got big shoulders.... doesn't bother me" I will scream.   

He's on one of two paths....  the one that de gea was on where he made and learned from his mistakes.  Or he's going the way of Richard Wright, Joe Hart, Chris Kirkland,  lots of early promise destroyed by mistakes and an inability to learn from them.  

He needs to leave his ego in the dressing room.

1 minute ago, hafnia said:

It's fine lads..... he will come out and tell us how mentally strong he is and will get ready for the next game blah blah blah

Personally I'm starting to get pissed off with his need to be Mr Dramatic... I get the feeling that the world cup heroics gave him a taste of the limelight. He does so many uneccesary things.... mentally strong??? Mentally numb is what I would say.

If I see him make another mistake and stand there giving it the big Joe Hart alpha male chest out and chew his gum in a way of a saying "got big shoulders.... doesn't bother me" I will scream.   

He's on one of two paths....  the one that de gea was on where he made and learned from his mistakes.  Or he's going the way of Richard Wright, Joe Hart, Chris Kirkland,  lots of early promise destroyed by mistakes and an inability to learn from them.  

He needs to leave his ego in the dressing room.

Ego in the dressing room bit spot on.

19 minutes ago, hafnia said:

He needs a mentor.  I'd try and get Southall in as a consultant to talk through his games.  His positioning... decisions, he needs some Southall straight talking too. 

I'm hoping yesterday was the big wake up call he needed, we all know he's a good young keeper but he's had so much smoke blown up his arse he thinks he's infallible he can do know wrong, again your point that he needs mentoring is right he's a young man and for the first time yesterday I saw in his face a look of someone lost and with no answers, now's the right time for someone to guide him because he will be open to it we know he possesses the talent.

Jesus christ some of you lot like to get on players backs.

I actually back Pickford in this because he clearly makes an early shout. If the keeper calls for it you get out of the way as a defender or you deal with it.

Zouma doesnt get out of the way and nor does he deal with it. Im not saying it was particularly easy for Zouma to avoid either, but it should be an easy clearance for Pickford. 

He did a similar thing later in the game too. Early call, defender backed out and he smashed the ball down the other end, which should have been the case here. 

Unfortunately its just one of those things that happens every so often.

Pickford fault all day long.  Zouma has pace go burn and was hooking it away or playing it back... what the fuck was pickford doing? It was crazy.  

His challenge on alli was an equally daft moment but more severe and completely wrong. Really poor challenge and he should have walked.

Thought at the time it was a mixture of both of their faults. Pickford should trust that zouma is competent enough to deal with it but if he does shout when he's coming for it (which he has been sweeping well all season so Zouma should  have half expected it) Zouma has to invest his trust that Pickford will get to it and in turn get out of the way.

Unfortunately it is added to a list of goals this season that are very easily avoidable.

43 minutes ago, Btay said:

Zouma had the situation 100% under control - until Pickford came out. I understand it’s a mistake it’s just his mistakes are coming at crucial times in games. 

Not particularly aimed at you mate, but I’m with Bailey on this; keeper called for it, Zouma should’ve just blocked the run better and let him clear. If he had it 100% under control, he should’ve cleared it before it became a problem. 

On 25/12/2018 at 08:42, MikeO said:

As are his saves.

On 25/12/2018 at 08:56, Matt said:

Not particularly aimed at you mate, but I’m with Bailey on this; keeper called for it, Zouma should’ve just blocked the run better and let him clear. If he had it 100% under control, he should’ve cleared it before it became a problem. 

I appreciate what you guys are saying. I rate him as a keeper and I think he fits with what we like to see from our players. I still think it’s his mistake for that goal personally. I just think he needs to get back to the levels he set himself and really push himself to become the best keeper he can be.