• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Player of the Season Young Player of the Season Players Player of the Season. Think someone had a top night at the Dixies! Deserves it aswell. The only player who can say he gave i

The lad is a superstar. A marketing dream, humble, down to earth and just loves his football. He has ten years at the top easily. I think he loves playing for us, he is on a serious wedge as he should

Signed a new contract until 2024 Jordan Pickford insists that joining Everton has been the key factor in him becoming England’s No. 1 as he committed his future to the Club by signing a new contr

Posted Images

The good work that the back four, alongside Allan, Doucoure and to a lesser extent Gomes did allowed the quality of chances for Spurs to be significantly reduced. Other than the Alli shot (which was at a good height) and Doherty's shot they really didn't have anything at all to worry us with - Kane, Alli, Lucas and Son virtually anonymous. 

When the "best" chance of the game comes from their right-back, you know you've done well keeping their attacking options quiet. 

3 hours ago, Matt said:

Thought he made some excellent punches too. Really ploughed into the players in front of him and got the ball to safety each time. 

The saves are what we all expect from him, no ones every questioned his shot stopping but his command of area was top top quality. Especially when he went right through Mina to get on, absolutely love that.

6 hours ago, Btay said:

The saves are what we all expect from him, no ones every questioned his shot stopping but his command of area was top top quality. Especially when he went right through Mina to get on, absolutely love that.

I agree, its something that shows his mind is in the right place. Good, decisive decision making. Long may it continue.

15 minutes ago, Bailey said:

I agree, its something that shows his mind is in the right place. Good, decisive decision making. Long may it continue.

Really pivotal season for his career. Last year could be looked at as just a blip or  as a sign that he doesn’t have the mentality to be be a top keeper consistently. It’s  up to him now. He isn’t the first player to have reached a certain level of success and then let his foot off the gas. How he responds (and early returns are excellent) will show a lot about the type of person he is. 

27 minutes ago, SpartyBlue said:

Really pivotal season for his career. Last year could be looked at as just a blip or  as a sign that he doesn’t have the mentality to be be a top keeper consistently. It’s  up to him now. He isn’t the first player to have reached a certain level of success and then let his foot off the gas. How he responds (and early returns are excellent) will show a lot about the type of person he is. 

I agree - he needs a good and relatively consistent season to restore faith and to prove he actually adds value to the team. Needs to be that keeper who's saves ensure we nick points rather than producing gaffs that end up costing points. The Spurs performance was a good way to start the season and glad he's getting the votes in the MoM poll. 

I am still nervous as fook watching him, mind!! 😂I hope that changes

1 hour ago, SpartyBlue said:

Said the to the Mrs during the game. I hope carlo has made it clear if he doesn't shape up this season he will be replaced. 

11 hours ago, Aidan said:

Said the to the Mrs during the game. I hope carlo has made it clear if he doesn't shape up this season he will be replaced. 

I don't think he's the brightest lad so it probably took the midfield overhaul to happen plus us being linked with Romero for him to switch on to the fact that he's close to getting jibbed off. 

On 14/09/2020 at 16:33, London Blue said:

Some players need an arm around them, Pickford needs a kick up the arse.

He had so much talent but needs to be challenged, now he is in a talented team, with a top manager he has that challenge.

I think he will revel in it. 

I hope you're right. I'm not his biggest fan, but he was immense against Spurs. Credit where credit is due. 

On 15/09/2020 at 09:39, Hafnia said:

I don't think he's the brightest lad so it probably took the midfield overhaul to happen plus us being linked with Romero for him to switch on to the fact that he's close to getting jibbed off. 

It’s not a question of smart. I genuinely think he has a mental disorder of some form, but has made it so far on raw ability (height aside)

8 minutes ago, Matt said:

It’s not a question of smart. I genuinely think he has a mental disorder of some form, but has made it so far on raw ability (height aside)

Yeah he's deffo ADHD.... But I think he lets his ego run away a fair bit. The story I heard was he returned from the world cup an absolute nightmare.  It's took some washing out has that 

12 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

Yeah he's deffo ADHD.... But I think he lets his ego run away a fair bit. The story I heard was he returned from the world cup an absolute nightmare.  It's took some washing out has that 

Going through several tests myself at the moment, so it’s all fresh in my head, but he doesn’t fit ADHD. I think he’s bipolar 

57 minutes ago, Matt said:

Going through several tests myself at the moment, so it’s all fresh in my head, but he doesn’t fit ADHD. I think he’s bipolar 

I was diagnosed with ADHD at age 43....  I always knew I had issues concentrating on laborious tasks but found ways around this by automating models in excel to do boring stuff for me, the doctor prescribed me vyvance which is basically pharmaceutical grade speed - took it 2 or 3 times but not bothered in a year.   Turns out with the attention deficit type which is what I had you use procrastination as a means of getting close to a deadline to get an adrenaline boost to focus you.  Crazy how people who do analysis work like I do with ADHD... You can use the positive side of it which is problem solving ability to alleviate the inability to double check things etc. Doctor said loads of people have a degree of it and people excel with it.... Just crack on - passed all exams I've sat and had a solid career so far. 

Had a bout of depression in my late 20's which ended up as anxiety after burning myself out partying a bit too hard. Serotonin was knackered.... Needed to lay off ale and other things and get more sleep and exercise. 

Barely touch alcohol or anything else for that matter and mentally never felt better. 

Yeah I was thinking Pickford has the hyperactivity type 

I also thought the BT commentators where a little over critical of Pickford for the first goal. Its almost a case of people over scrutinising him after last seasons problems and the fact he is the England keeper. Mina should have done a better. 

I have been the first to be on his case when he screws up, and will continue to do so, but today's not a day for it in all fairness. 

3 hours ago, Shukes said:

Turn the commentators off and it wouldn’t have been his fault.

Mina’s fault for the first goal without a doubt. He took his shot behind Mina as well, by the time Pickford saw it, it was already past Mina. Superman couldn’t have moved fast enough to react.

Second was just a great effort.

No doubt Mina is the main problem but it just looked weird. And I’m one that backs Pickford, so it’s not like I’m looking for ways to criticise him. 

20 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

First one he should have done better. Position, wasn't set, barely even dived. 

Maybe, but probably wasn’t expecting the lad to get the shot off. Because it should never have been allowed to. No chance with the second goal though, it was brilliant. If Ronaldo had scored it, it’d be on repeat all over the show. 

Just now, Matt said:

Maybe, but probably wasn’t expecting the lad to get the shot off. Because it should never have been allowed to. No chance with the second goal though, it was brilliant. If Ronaldo had scored it, it’d be on repeat all over the show. 

Matt this is my whole point... Gomes apparently wasn't expecting the pass, despite being 2 metres from james who had stopped and opened his body to pass it.

What was Pickford expecting?  His focus levels are poor. From the first minute his head wasnt right.... Shite bouncing ball back to him by mina but he needed to clear it rather than lob it 5 yards to an opponent.

Pickford was great last week. From the get go this week he looked away with it.  The goals can't be put as his fault but he wasn't right for them.  The first was actually saveable - a good strike but saveable if he set himself right. There was no other option but to shoot as the passes were closed off. 

2 hours ago, StevO said:

Only on TT could people be upset after a 5-2 win 😂

ste you have said time and again we are improving the lineup and the average players need to go.  you champion the james, allan, doucoure richarlison saying that is what he need to aim for.  so why do you want to stick with pickford?  wouldn't you rather a top keeper to go with our top players?  i would

3 hours ago, StevO said:

We scored five goals, so I won’t be worrying about what the keeper did. 

I wish i could share that view. Im not getting involved with if he should or shouldn't have saved the goals, but Pickford set the tone quite literally from minute 1 yesterday. He still seems to be making those silly mistakes he did last season and I'm genuinely fearful of how many points hes going to cost us over the course of this season. 

We need a reliable shot stopper as back up who will get in the squad off the back of Pickfords inevitable poor form. Foster wouldn't be a bad shout, nothing flashy and but reliable until we can get a real keeper in next summer. 

1 minute ago, Aidan said:

I wish i could have that view. Im not getting involved with if he should or shouldn't have saved the goals, but Pickford set the tone quite literally from minute 1 yesterday. He still seems to be making those silly mistakes he did last season and I'm genuinely fearful of how many points hes going to cost us over the course of this season. 

We need a reliable shot stopper as back up who will get in the squad on the back of Pickfords inevitable poor form. Foster wouldn't be a bad shout, nothing flashy and but reliable until we can get a real keeper in next summer. 

He was erratic again, but the back pass from Mina was awful put him under pressure from the set go, maybe knocked his mojo off kilter?

7 minutes ago, Wiggytop said:

He was erratic again, but the back pass from Mina was awful put him under pressure from the set go, maybe knocked his mojo off kilter?

As I said earlier the pass from mina was a joke.... But why did he have to lob it in the box, it sat up for him to clear it. Made the situation what it was. 

I've watched our keepers starting with Gordon West. Big Nev a stand out followed by Nigel Martyn and Tim Howard. Never felt nervous from the off in a game with them between the sticks. Unfortunately Jordan was flimsy for the first 15 minutes on Saturday and it was noted by BT Sport commentary team (I know we don't always see eye to eye with commentators).

5 hours ago, markjazzbassist said:

ste you have said time and again we are improving the lineup and the average players need to go.  you champion the james, allan, doucoure richarlison saying that is what he need to aim for.  so why do you want to stick with pickford?  wouldn't you rather a top keeper to go with our top players?  i would

I still want every single player in the team replaced with better players, all of them, all of the time. If we could buy 11 better players tomorrow I’d want us to. 
But after a great win, and the third win in seven days, I’m happy.

In regards time Pickford, the reason I’m happy to stick with him is I don’t see us buying a better keeper. If we do go and buy a better keeper, great. If we still have money to spend I’d rather we buy a centre half. 
Of the two goals we’ve conceded so far this season, I’m not bothered about Pickford's role in them. If he messes up I’m more than happy to say so, but I don’t see anything wrong. 

4 hours ago, Aidan said:

I wish i could share that view. Im not getting involved with if he should or shouldn't have saved the goals, but Pickford set the tone quite literally from minute 1 yesterday. He still seems to be making those silly mistakes he did last season and I'm genuinely fearful of how many points hes going to cost us over the course of this season. 

We need a reliable shot stopper as back up who will get in the squad off the back of Pickfords inevitable poor form. Foster wouldn't be a bad shout, nothing flashy and but reliable until we can get a real keeper in next summer. 

I understand that. But if we are buying a back up he won’t be taking Pickford’s place. 
Hardly any teams have a back on keeper who can genuinely challenge the first choice’s place. 
Who do we go and buy? Who would be willing to sell? It’s not going to happen. 

Also, Carlo hasn’t gone after a new keeper. I trust Carlo more than any fans opinion. He knows more than enough. 

7 hours ago, StevO said:

I understand that. But if we are buying a back up he won’t be taking Pickford’s place. 
Hardly any teams have a back on keeper who can genuinely challenge the first choice’s place. 
Who do we go and buy? Who would be willing to sell? It’s not going to happen. 

Also, Carlo hasn’t gone after a new keeper. I trust Carlo more than any fans opinion. He knows more than enough. 

I trust him too, but the evidence is there Stev. 

I can't think of many more we could go in for, but Foster wouldn't cost that much and could save us points in the long run (theoretically of course). 

How long have we been asking for pickford to improve now? I genuinely thought he'd come back a better player this season but now I'm sceptical. 

2 hours ago, Aidan said:

I trust him too, but the evidence is there Stev. 

I can't think of many more we could go in for, but Foster wouldn't cost that much and could save us points in the long run (theoretically of course). 

How long have we been asking for pickford to improve now? I genuinely thought he'd come back a better player this season but now I'm sceptical. 

I don’t think Foster is better than him. 
Ask yourself why since leaving United Foster has only played for the likes of West Brom and Watford? Why have no bigger clubs come in to buy him? Since he left United pretty much all of the big clubs in the league have signed new keepers and not gone for him. 
That’s what I ask when we are linked with any keeper to replace him. Why haven’t other coaches rated them higher?

Pickford was very good against Spurs, he had a flappy 15 minutes against West Brom. It’s early days yet. From the West Brom game im more concerned about Mina than Pickford.