IGNORED

January 2017

Romey 1878

Noseying around the web for opinions from blues it seems a large majority are very keen on Schneiderlin and a smaller majority are on board with trying to get Depay in. I want Schneiderlin and Mario Gomez. Lets say the three work out, would it look like...

Stek

Coleman Williams Mori Baines

Depay Schneiderlin Gueye Bolassie

Lukaku

Gomez

I fully understand Bolassie is severely injured and will be out for an extended time.

As a back up eleven we could see

Hewelt

Holgate Jagielka Galloway Oviedo

Lennon McCarthy Barry Mirallas

Barkley

Valencia

All a bit football manager granted but what exactly is it the support is yearning for the most? I want a big Pelle type to work Lukaku in, classy aerial operator that'll weigh in with his share. And Schneids would work a treat to pull the quality in the middle up along with having the legs to maintain it.

Koeman is going to go for a 4-3-3 long term. This is why I think Barkley is struggling for game time and I really can see him moving on.

We could end up with a midfield trio of McCarthy, Gueye and Schneiderlin. I think Koeman prefers traditional midfielders that can defend as well as bomb forward. With these 3 midfielders and Coleman and Baines pushing up there will be 5 in centre of the pitch that, I think, will be extremely difficult to break down. I think that's what Koeman is looking for.

The attacking 3 obviously has Lukaku up front, Bolasie is injured and I'm surprised we went for him because he isn't such a goal threat. Depay is known as a goal scoring winger and if we can get his head right then he could be a success.

We will end up with a bundle of wingers though. I can see Mirallas and Deulofeu being offloaded at some point. Lennon will survive due to his work rate and Koeman's pragmatism.

We still don't have a genuine left footed left mid/winger. I'm not a fan of players cutting in. It can become predictable and you can get caught out badly if a player cuts in and loses possession. With a proper lefty on the left they will play more first time balls more instinctively. Getting the ball moving quicker with less touches will unsettle defenders a lot more.

Potential reason for Stek's recent rush out behaviour? Proving he has the speed to be the sweeper and back his defence?

I think He's been making bad choices in his quest to try and help his defence do there job, cause let's me honest he has been left very exposed by some dodgy defending in recent months, he needs to trust his defence and possibly Tuesday's result may go someway to steadily improving the trust between keeper and defence.

I still have a feeling we are going to sign Van Dijk, His relationship with Koeman being seems strong still and i think that will sway his decision. He is being linked with all the 'top' clubs but I could see this one happening.

I said a long time ago we should have been in for him before his move to Southampton such a shame we didn't as I can see him being a City player come January or next season

Hence why I put before he went to Southampton, I doubt he'd have stayed at Celtic if we went knocking

He won't end up here anyway City have a big interest apparently so we don't stand a chance again

Misread your comment, apologies.

Im hoping the interestest from City is just paper talk. Down to the player too, he may want to work with Koeman again?

Age is THE issue. Too old and too young.

Over 30: Baines Williams Jags Kone Barry Stek

27-29: Gibson Mirallas Lennon 29, Coleman 28, Bolasie Clev Gueye 27

24-26: Joel McCarthy Oviedo Besic Niasse Mori

22-23: Deulofeu Barkley Lukaku Browning Pennington

under 21: Davies Dowell DCL Holgate Grant Galloway

Look at how awful 24-26 is. Unacceptable. That is the lifeblood of most clubs. Cant rely on over 30 and under 23 talent to be consistent winners.

Misread your comment, apologies.

Im hoping the interestest from City is just paper talk. Down to the player too, he may want to work with Koeman again?

No need to apologise mate and me also

Pete I've kept an eye on him for a while prior to him going to Southampton and he's a quality defender pretty much the player City had hoped for in Stones

I don't think age is relevant until the performances drop. Some players are effectively finished around 30-32 while others are top players well beyond 35. Before that it's more about experience. Someone who gets regular first team games at 18-19 is a totally different player to one who has to wait until he's 22-23.

So I'd rather put players in different brackets based on experience rather than just age. Barkley and Lukaku are established, experienced first team players. Our problem is simply that we have too many players who are seemingly past it or close to being who are still important to the team. Plus there's just too much dross that needs replacing.

Exactly

So how about in that age range we look at

GK Jordan Pickford,

CB Virgil Van Dijk

LB Ricardo Rodriguez

CM Thomas Delaney

AM Alassane Plea

CF Alexandre Lacazette

Gonna need about £150m though haha

Alassane Plea plays as a CF for nice doesn't he? Not sure he's exactly the assist making no.10 we need but I'd be over the moon with those players.

Big window for us regardless. I'd love for us to be polar opposite to the old Everton have a few deals in the first week or two!

Dear santa -

For the holiday I would like schneiderlin on a buy, depay on loan to buy, Pickford on a buy, another solid CB, gylfi on a buy, and ben yedder from Sevilla on a buy.

Also would like a win against Leicester and Barkley to re find his form.

Sincerely,

Mark

Ps - mikeO said he would put out the milk and cookies so don't blame me if they aren't out ;)