IGNORED

January 2017

Romey 1878

So January is nearly here, who are we going to sign?

Schneiderlin & Lookman seem to be the main ones and maybe Depay (touch wood!)

Berahino could be another, his contract is up in the summer so he would be pretty cheap. Maybe worth the gamble? Talented with a questionable attitude.

Some rumours regarding a Martial Loan but i really cant see that.

Gabbiadini rumours have started up again too.

I dont think we will get a Keeper this window. not sure who is available at the quality we need.

Personally i think we will make 4 permanant signings this window and maybe a loan. thoughts?

Berahino could be another, his contract is up in the summer so he would be pretty cheap. Maybe worth the gamble? Talented with a questionable attitude.

I dont think we will get a Keeper this window. not sure who is available at the quality we need.

Personally i think we will make 4 permanant signings this window and maybe a loan. thoughts?

Sounds good. I have forgotten about berahino, does he get game time for west brom or no? Could be a cheap option and he will be motivated to play. Edited by markjazzbassist

I like the look of several players.

Schneiderlin, Berahino, Pickford, Curtis Davies, Van Annholt, but I can only see us bringing in Schneiderlin, this young Lookman lad and maybe one more underwhelming signing.

Wouldn't like Depay, unless it was on a loan because I have massive doubts about him. I follow United quite closely (don't hit me), and he isn't anything special.

This window we need a box to box midfielder, playmaker, left footed winger and another striker as a priority.

A goalkeeper and centre half can wait until the summer, although I'd like us to sign young pickford now so he can have 6 months at the club to play cup games and a pre season, then hopefully start him next season.

re: Berahino, who was the last player to dig their heels in and refuse to sign a new contract for more to wait it out two years and force a move away? Any agent ought to have pushed for improved terms, a realistic buy out fee, and the option to talk to any CL club about a move whence interested.

Berahino comes away from this fiasco looking pretty bad, having tried to force a move to spurs through, but it looks like spurs are chock full of players for the forward line so that dog might not hunt this time, might we be a fit for him? Did he work well with Lukaku? Don't we have speedster attackers already (even ones with a chip on their shoulder or two), if he moves fairly cheaply this january he'll demand a massive signing on fee, only an under 21 international as well.....

re: Berahino, who was the last player to dig their heels in and refuse to sign a new contract for more to wait it out two years and force a move away? Any agent ought to have pushed for improved terms, a realistic buy out fee, and the option to talk to any CL club about a move whence interested.

Berahino comes away from this fiasco looking pretty bad, having tried to force a move to spurs through, but it looks like spurs are chock full of players for the forward line so that dog might not hunt this time, might we be a fit for him? Did he work well with Lukaku? Don't we have speedster attackers already (even ones with a chip on their shoulder or two), if he moves fairly cheaply this january he'll demand a massive signing on fee, only an under 21 international as well.....

I think the idea in signing him now is we are able to actually sign him. If he's on a free this summer I think he will end up at a bigger club since they can pay more in wages.

Even a £2-3 million signing on fee would be worth it imo. He needs to kick start his career, he is talented and was highly rated at one point. Still very young, a good finisher and Pacey.

Berahino is a solid finisher, and he could (COULD) be someone to pair with Rom.

I have my worries with him though. He's not a player the ball really sticks to, and he's played best alongside a striker who can hold it up. He's not the strongest or most technical player, which could see him found out easily. He isn't the hardest working player. And, I think he bought into the hype generated around him (something done for all young, exciting English prospects, most of which eventually disappoint), which has given him a big head. I don't know how he fits into our squad as anything more than a Plan B option at the 70th minute.

I wouldn't touch anyone that has forced his way out of a club like that and had to be dropped because of his lack of effort.

Fans give up so much to watch the games and support their teams and this twat is happy to waste his talent in the reserves or on the bench because he wants to earn as many millions on another teams bench.

I wouldn't touch anyone that has forced his way out of a club like that and had to be dropped because of his lack of effort.

Fans give up so much to watch the games and support their teams and this twat is happy to waste his talent in the reserves or on the bench because he wants to earn as many millions on another teams bench.

In essence, yes, this is the straight forward way of saying what I tried earlier in the thread, the hows and the whys of his conduct having failed to force the spurs move through. Serious question about his character and his professionalism.

He's not conducted himself in the best way but we don't know the whole story. I can't imagine Pulis has given him an easy ride. I remember there being talk of broken promises made by Jeremy Peace (WBA's Chairman) when the move to Spurs fell through. I think he's be really poorly advised which has completely detracted from the fact that this lad looked top quality and had got himself into the England squad on the back of his 14/15 season. Coaches, scouts, players, etc will know what's going/gone on so will make their judgement but if he can regain what he was in 14/15 and before then someone's getting a very good player and a natural finisher.

He's not conducted himself in the best way but we don't know the whole story. I can't imagine Pulis has given him an easy ride. I remember there being talk of broken promises made by Jeremy Peace (WBA's Chairman) when the move to Spurs fell through. I think he's be really poorly advised which has completely detracted from the fact that this lad looked top quality and had got himself into the England squad on the back of his 14/15 season. Coaches, scouts, players, etc will know what's going/gone on so will make their judgement but if he can regain what he was in 14/15 and before then someone's getting a very good player and a natural finisher.

No its true that we don't know the whole story but he has hardly shown anything in the last 2 years, broken promises or not.

He is a professional footballer, in a very privileged position and even if he has a dust up with the owner or manager he should be playing his best for his teammates and the fans.

No its true that we don't know the whole story but he has hardly shown anything in the last 2 years, broken promises or not.

It seems to me that he's been frozen out this season.

The WBA fans I know would have cashed in last summer and believe Pulis's stubbornness hasn't helped the situation.

I'm sure it will all come out when he leaves one way or another.

Pulis wasn't boss when the shine hit the fat (initially). Perhaps Berahino's reluctance to come back into the fold under a new manager has strengthened Pulis' resolve and he wont lose face and be seen to be undermined by any player, ever. (Commendable on Pulis part really, Walter would have had Archie "home run" him)

Spurs had money as they'd cashed in on a few and there were places in the squad to be taken, West Brom wanted a premium fee and the contract was long enough to put the power in Broms hands, until now....

I'd play for my Everton for free, but if I absolutely had to be paid i'd make up the numbers at Barca, plenty of sun and the senoritas are choice.

Pulis wasn't boss when the shine hit the fat (initially). Perhaps Berahino's reluctance to come back into the fold under a new manager has strengthened Pulis' resolve and he wont lose face and be seen to be undermined by any player, ever. (Commendable on Pulis part really, Walter would have had Archie "home run" him)

I think Pulis' appointment (Jan in 14/15 season) coincideded with the start of this e.g the initial contract refusal.

Does that make it alright then, if you're a good player you've got the right to shit on the team you signed for.

I have no problem with players wanting to move onto perceived bigger and better things. That's part and parcel of anyone's working career but the difference is Berahino has downed tools whereas Suarez almost won Liverpool the league.

I met Peter Reid this year he was doing a footie coaching session he mentioned berihinio as he was assistant to pulis at Stoke and he still speaks to pulis at west brom. Reidy reckons he is horrible. A stone overweight and a terrible pro. No thanks

Funnily enough Hafnia told exactly the same story twelve months ago