IGNORED

West Ham (Home) Sunday October 30th

markjazzbassist

Coming off a rough loss and some players really need to be re-evaluated. Luckily Lukaku has scored the most goals against west ham so let's hope that continues. They don't strike me as a particularly good team and are weak at the back. I really hope baines is healthy.

Stek

Coleman jags Williams baines/Oviedo

Gana Barry

Gerry mirallas bolasie

Lukaku

Deflated from our recent run of form I don't expect us to get any more than a point.

We had a very easy start to the season and despite doing very well at the very beginning derailed and have had results which scream that we will struggle to push for top 7 again.

I hope Steve Walsh has been scouring around for a creative player I can't believe we didn't sign one in the summer, that was the player we needed the most and should have been priority.

Fortunately for us West Ham are suffering a serious run of bad form. The first goal is crucial in this one, we need to score first and early in the first half. West Ham will rally for a spell but the routine will kick in and they'll collapse.

Defensively we are starting to creak. Jagielka is now looking every one of his 34 years this season and I worry that Baines is going the same way. Oviedo, simply put, is not a full back. He'd be fine as a wing back in a 3-5-2 but he just isn't up to it as a modern full back.

Up front we have Lukaku and Bolasie who are effective for us. For me it is time enough for Mirallas and Deulofeu to either kick on or jog on somewhere else.

As has been said previously, Payet is their only threat. Neutralise him and you kill West Ham off. My only concern woyld be something from a set piece, we still just don't look good attacking or defending set pieces and it is something that needs to improve this year

great post, i agree.

I'd go 442 for this I think:

Stekkers

Coleman Jags Williams Oviedo

Bolasie Gueye Barry Mirallas

Rom Kone

yeah i think Kone would work well with Rom as many have said that same thing even when Roberto was here. Oviedo is the largest hole in that lineup, with Baines out I just don't have confidence in that backline as jags has been shit and oviedo isn't great. Might be time to put holgate back in for Jags, give him a rest to sort his shit.

yeah i think Kone would work well with Rom as many have said that same thing even when Roberto was here. Oviedo is the largest hole in that lineup, with Baines out I just don't have confidence in that backline as jags has been shit and oviedo isn't great. Might be time to put holgate back in for Jags, give him a rest to sort his shit.

oviedo had a mare against City (didn't see Burnley) but the goals nor penalties came from him. Luck played a large part but I don't think it's enough to write him off. Jags has largely been a rock too

Guest rusty747

I never thought I would say this but I just don't see what Barkley brings to the team at the moment and I would not only bench him but drop him from the squad completely for a couple of games.

The creativity could come from a 3-5-2 or 4-4-2 formation with Coleman and Oviedo out wide in a 3-5-2, Mirallas providing the creativity and Bolasie and Rom up front.

Might also be time to give Jags a blow.

Stek

Holgate. Williams © Mori

Coleman. Gueye. Mirallas. Barry. Oviedo/Baines

Lukaku. Bolasie

Edited by rusty747

I don't think Barkley has that snap decision mindset "footballing brain" if you will to play upfront

That's always been my worry with him he has all the technical ability but his brain seems a second slower than his feet at times which could hold him back from ever becoming the player most hope imo

I don't think Barkley has that snap decision mindset "footballing brain" if you will to play upfront

That's always been my worry with him he has all the technical ability but his brain seems a second slower than his feet at times which could hold him back from ever becoming the player most hope imo

Interesting, I'd say it's the opposite, he reacts much better under instinct and struggles with time to think.

Interesting, I'd say it's the opposite, he reacts much better under instinct and struggles with time to think.

Agree. This is Ross strength.

Getting shouldered and having to rely on strength and instinct is where he is at his best.

Worst thing opponents do is hustle him when he is running forward. It makes him rely on his strength.

Need a win big time here. Be tempted to give Davies a start if I'm honest. First goal is obviously crucial but I don't care how the three points come aslong as they do. I don't want to see Oviedo at left back ever again. I want Gana to do a job on that cunt noble after the game last season. Fucking twat moaned and groaned at the ref and got mirallas sent off. He was doing it all game and got away with it. Fucking average player that thinks he is lampard. Lanzini and payet are obviously the threat, but there defence is poor and rom if he is arsed should be able to carry on his good form against these. 3-0 rom, bolaise x 2

Need a win big time here. Be tempted to give Davies a start if I'm honest. First goal is obviously crucial but I don't care how the three points come aslong as they do. I don't want to see Oviedo at left back ever again. I want Gana to do a job on that cunt noble after the game last season. Fucking twat moaned and groaned at the ref and got mirallas sent off. He was doing it all game and got away with it. Fucking average player that thinks he is lampard. Lanzini and payet are obviously the threat, but there defence is poor and rom if he is arsed should be able to carry on his good form against these. 3-0 rom, bolaise x 2

I think it's quite clear that the kids are only going to get a chance when there is absolutely no other option. Holgate only played because Coleman is our only other RB and he was injured.

I hope that's not set in stone and is only while Koeman clears up the mess left behind by Martinez.

Edited by Romey 1878