IGNORED

West Ham (Home) Sunday October 30th

markjazzbassist

Exhibit A Barkley. Charging forward, two passes on, hits first defender. His thinking is just a second behind what it needs to be at this level.

Classic case of confirmation bias.

Exhibit A: Looking for Barkley to fail, and no matter the reality of the situation, finds that Barkley has failed.

disagree, he did everything right. Rom got covered by defenders, Kev should've gone out left to open the space in the middle.

If the pass isnt on, why not take it round the first defender and see what opens up then? You can't blame hitting the nearest defender with a pass on the guy making the run, you have to make the decision to either execute it or try something else. I thought dribbling was one of his strengths anyway.

Classic case of confirmation bias.

Exhibit A: Looking for Barkley to fail, and no matter the reality of the situation, finds that Barkley has failed.

Ah get off your high horse. Im not out to get Barkley, far from it. The break was on, he hit the first man, too easy.

When we attack we don't get sufficient numbers forward. Lukaku is always isolated. Whenever Barkley gets the ball and starts a run, the rest of the team just stand and watch. No one makes a run because they don't know what Barkley is going to do. Coleman has been our best player.

West Ham started like a team on a good run, we started like a team on a bad one.It's evened out a bit and could go either way 2nd half.

Not enjoyable by any stretch, just need a win.Barry best player at present, maybe Coleman, but the rest need to step it up.

Koeman needs to motivate, get that extra bit out of the boys.

Barkley was very good first half. All choices for him are static as fuck.... embarrassing.

But yes let's focus on the through ball that didn't get through or a dubious take on that could have been given as a foul.

The lads been brave. His team mates need shaking.

you know, that looks like a post I've seen many times before, only with Lukaku instead of Barkley ;)

Anyway yeah, I know what you mean. But 50/50 for me this game because he's ignoring the easy option as much as hes not been supported.

If the pass isnt on, why not take it round the first defender and see what opens up then? You can't blame hitting the nearest defender with a pass on the guy making the run, you have to make the decision to either execute it or try something else. I thought dribbling was one of his strengths anyway.

Could be he gets boo'd relentlessly when he loses it by dribbling. My opinion if Kev stays wide it opens the option to play him or to drive further through the middle.

Touch was beyond class.

because otherwise he holds up the play and gets lambasted for stopping the attack. He tried the difficult pass to keep the attack going and he didn't pull it off. If Kev and gone left and dragged the 2 defends he took inside instead, the pass options are much better.

you know, that looks like a post I've seen many times before, only with Lukaku instead of Barkley ;)

Anyway yeah, I know what you mean. But 50/50 for me this game because he's ignoring the easy option as much as hes not been supported.

Not really. We are talking about a player who is being brave and trying to take responsibility. His team mates are not making good runs - surprise surprise. Too much strolling around.

Redknapp alluded to it before. The lad gets shit like you wouldn't believe.

I get that it's not a like for like.... but for me barkley is a scapegoat.

Edited by Hafnia

Not really. We are talking about a player who is being brave and trying to take responsibility. His team mates are not making good runs - surprise surprise. Too much strolling around.

Redknapp alluded to it before. The lad gets shit like you wouldn't believe.

I get that it's not a like for like.... but for me barkley is a scapegoat.

again, I've seen that argument before!

Anyway, how did Payet not get a card for that?!

Brilliant from Ross and Bolasie there

Matt to be fair 5 seconds earlier I was calling him for all sorts.... his touch is shocking. Great awareness by Ross, shot by seamus and the persistence by by bolassie found Rom in a strikers position.

Take the goal.... not the plaudits.