IGNORED

Chelsea (Away) Saturday November 5th

markjazzbassist

Gonna be a tough ask, they haven't conceded in 4 league games. That being said, they lost during the week to that West Ham side, I think 8 of the 10 outfield players were first team? Shame Gana is out. I like Mark's line up, try catch them on the break with Yan, Gerry and Kak bursting forward.

Tough match at the Bridge. They have been in form and are 4 points above us in the table. Gana out through yellow card accumulation and McCarthy baines still injured. No word on stek.

Stek/Joel

Coleman Jags Williams Oviedo

Cleverley Barry Barkley

Gerry Lukaku Bolasie

http://www.evertonfc.com/news/2016/10/30/stekelenburg-to-be-fit-for-chelsea

Though not sure Joel deserves dropping after yesterday.

Hard to guess whether Koeman will be thinking to "build on momentum" by making only one change, starting (presumably) Cleverley for the missing Gana. Possibly Stekelenburg, too.

Or, whether he will be thinking that away to Chelsea presents an entirely different challenge, requiring a few tactical replacements.

I prefer the second option, and something like this.

Robles/Stekelenburg

Jagielka Williams Funes Mori

Coleman Cleverley Barry Oviedo

Lennon Barkley

Lukaku

Coleman and Oviedo had strong performances against WHam, so keep them in, now as wingbacks who offer both attacking and defending promise. Coleman is perhaps less effective than we'd prefer on crosses, but he's actually a real threat to score a goal (as is Funes Mori on corners). Cleverley seems the only logical change from Gana, and is nearly as energetic.

As to the final spot, the third attacking player, Koeman has 4 options, of whom Bolasie is probably the most likely, and Mirallas next most likely. I'd be interested in seeing Lennon, instead, as he'd be much more likely than Bolasie, Mirallas, or Deulofeu to harass the Chelsea backline for 50-60 minutes.

Although hoping to steal 3, I think the reality is that taking a point would also be a steal.

3-5-2

Bolasie and Rom uptop, hopefully they play Cahill and Terry who won't keep pace.

Barkley Barry Clev midfield

Coleman Oviedo wingback

Back 3 picks itself

No chance they'll play Terry; back three of Cahill, Luiz and Azpilicueta have kept them four clean sheets in a row in the league, they won't change that.

No chance they'll play Terry; back three of Cahill, Luiz and Azpilicueta have kept them four clean sheets in a row in the league, they won't change that.

Damn, I spoke to my mate who's a "chelsea fan" and said Terry had been playing. Bloody arm chair fans ?

Edit: mind you Luiz is equally rubbish imo

Edited by Btay

Ghana will be a big miss he is the only one who could have kept Kante quite Barry will probably get that role but will struggle Kante is their engine in midfield Barry will more than likely get sent off for late tackles he's to slow to keep up with players of that quality so dives in big problem for Koeman to sort out?

Ghana will be a big miss he is the only one who could have kept Kante quite Barry will probably get that role but will struggle Kante is their engine in midfield Barry will more than likely get sent off for late tackles he's to slow to keep up with players of that quality so dives in big problem for Koeman to sort out?

He's not that bad, he is clever and positions himself well. Granted he has to occasionally take someone down professionally, but every player in the centre of the park does, like Gueye did to rectify his mistake for his booking against WHU.

Is Mecca going to be fit to do the Gana role? We need Besic back for it he's the ideal candidate!

He's not that bad, he is clever and positions himself well. Granted he has to occasionally take someone down professionally, but every player in the centre of the park does, like Gueye did to rectify his mistake for his booking against WHU.

Is Mecca going to be fit to do the Gana role? We need Besic back for it he's the ideal candidate!

Mecca might be a bit too busy getting worshipped and Besic is out for a few more months yet.

I'm sad I can't watch this. I'm at a conference today, so I'll have to follow the thread. I love the lineup. I hope Cleverley can keep up defensively, though. That's my primary worry. Hopefully we play with cool heads and move the ball well. Today isn't a day to be sloppy in our execution. COYB!