IGNORED

Virgil van Dijk

Can't defend, though. In the SPL he's ok since opposition is so shite but he's been badly exposed in Europe.

I'd disagree he's solid defensively and as a side they all fall short in Europe not individually and I can't remember him being totally at fault or exposed badly?

Many of our own have been caught out in Europe but we deem them good enough or potential superstars

You can never be sure a player will cut it in this league but I'd personally be happy with him here

Edited by EFC-Paul

He's probably worth £7m-£8m in reality, but Celtic are well off financially so you'll always pay a bit more when they don't need to sell. £10m is probably about right.

To be fair, you don't get many Center Backs who can scored from Set-Pieces either, so that's a niche on his CV,.

what was the verdict paddock ?

Hard to tell tbh mate, he was playing against Ross County and without meaning to disrespectful he wiasn't up against anything near the stansard he would playing against for us, but...

He done ok like. It's hard to tell properly watching on telly but Ross had a go at Celtic especially early in the second half. He looks decent in the air and comfortable on the ball but looked like he was caught out of position a few times but Celtic kept a clean sheet so job well done in the end.

Nothing I got excited about, he's a big lad though but not sure he'd be the type of player to want to put himself about.

First time I've ever watched him tbh.

Hard to tell tbh mate, he was playing against Ross County and without meaning to disrespectful he wiasn't up against anything near the stansard he would playing against for us, but...

He done ok like. It's hard to tell properly watching on telly but Ross had a go at Celtic especially early in the second half. He looks decent in the air and comfortable on the ball but looked like he was caught out of position a few times but Celtic kept a clean sheet so job well done in the end.

Nothing I got excited about, he's a big lad though but not sure he'd be the type of player to want to put himself about.

First time I've ever watched him tbh.

The BBC report suggest he made a great through pass for their second goal.

The BBC report suggest he made a great through pass for their second goal.

It was the penalty he played the through ball for, he played a nice ball in hence me saying he looks comfortable with the ball at his feet. He had no part in the second goal. Edited by Paddock

I think £12 mill would get him. Him and yarmelenko would be my wet dream.

Durr?

He is not having a good game tonight and any scout watching would be half way out of the arena by now

Watched both legs of the qualifying tie. Thought he looked distinctly average in a tie lacking any real quality. Thought Celtic altogether looked quite poor, but he hardly shone above the rest.