IGNORED

Virgil van Dijk

I agree he's pretty much style wise as close as you'll get to John ability wise maybe not but that's a relatively unknown until he plays in this league and has a chance to settle in

I'd be happy to have him here if the price is right

He tries to overplay to much, gets away with it in Scotland but not in premiership. Stones is young enough to adapt, I'm not sure Virgil is. Could surprise me but looks overhyped and frequently exposed in europe.

He tries to overplay to much, gets away with it in Scotland but not in premiership. Stones is young enough to adapt, I'm not sure Virgil is. Could surprise me but looks overhyped and frequently exposed in europe.

He does but players of that ilk tend to as Stones did often and still does at times, I'd like to think he could adapt and cut some of the negatives out of his game but as said its an unknown but its the kind of risk you take with these kind of players who like to play out from the back

There will be other options (I hope!) but out of the names we've been linked with he's the one I'd prefer personally, maybe if Evans went on the cheap Dijk and Evans as back up wouldn't be to bad imo

• 1 year later...
Guest rusty747

I would be happy for Holgate to get a game too but we need to establish our best keeper and back four and we seem to be further away from that now than at the start of the season. Not entirely Koeman's fault as players that should have performed, haven't.

I can see this season going into a terminal decline and even flirting with relegation if we can't start putting a lot of bad things right.

Apparantly has a great relationship with Koeman and we stood no chance of signing him last year. Im hopefull this will play a part in us signing him in Jan, i wouldnt be surprised if he was Koemans number 1 target and was asked to stay away from him in the summer. He would be great for us, proved himself in the Prem now, just what we need.