IGNORED

Virgil van Dijk

Just been told that bookies apparently slashed odds on this as large bets have come in ( close together ). Not sure on the truth to it but I'll try find a link or something.

Edit : http://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/577963/Virgil-van-Dijk-Everton-Southampton

They're coming in because some supposed ITK on TEF has said we're bidding for a centre half that'll cos a lot and he got Schneiderlin and said 4.5 year deal and he'll wear the No2 almost a week before he signed, he got Gana and a few others so Twitters imploded and everyones betting on it.

He never said it would be VVD either just an expensive cb and he also stressed we'd only bid it's not been accepted. People put 2 and 2 together and get 106 and half of Twitter bet on it ?

Sounds to me like they are fishing for bets..

• 2 months later...

Would be a brilliant signing of we could pull it off, full package defender who knows the league but I can see some of the big boys sniffing tbh

Who?

I can only realistically see City shelling out for him at the minute. The only other team that needs to spend big on a centre half is Liverpool, which I can't see them throwing 55 million at him.

If city aren't interested, I think we have a good chance of signing him.

Who?

I can only realistically see City shelling out for him at the minute. The only other team that needs to spend big on a centre half is Liverpool, which I can't see them throwing 55 million at him.

Chelsea need a CB to replace Terry

Chelsea need a CB to replace Terry

It's a possibility, but again I don't see CB as a priority at Chelsea (although the squad is that strong I wouldn't know where to suggest needs strengthening!)

City will look a lot stronger with VVD and Stones next to each other next season. On top of that he does so well carrying the ball out, something that Pep would like.

If we get VVD and a class keeper this summer, I believe we will be challenging top 4 no problem. Possibly another winger too.

They do but he's not played this season and they have Zouma and Aki as back-up. While it won't surprise me if Chelsea are in for van Dijk, I'd expect Chellinni or Boccunci to be their primary targets.

I think Bonnuci will go to City. I really REALLY hope we get VVD but I think bigger fish will be circling.

Fingers and toes crossed eh ??

Who?

There are other leagues other than the Prem....

He's young can play the ball great reader of the game and is a great aerial threat from set pieces I'm fairly sure teams with far more lure and bigger budgets will be sniffing

He's ideal for City let alone a multitude of top European sides

There are other leagues other than the Prem....

He's young can play the ball great reader of the game and is a great aerial threat from set pieces I'm fairly sure teams with far more lure and bigger budgets will be sniffing

He's ideal for City let alone a multitude of top European sides

That there are, but how many young English premier league centre halves can you remember going abroad to play?

• 3 weeks later...

doesn't matter, Klopp has shown that without Zorc he can't assemble a squad. it appears his new strategy is the mourinho, buy the biggest names. Also his tactics are decent but not revolutionary anymore. He's also shown he's not great defensively, they got Lovren who was a beast at Soton and he's been spotty. I don't think VVD will look the same for them. not arsed.

Edited by markjazzbassist

I'll be disappointed to see him go there as I rate him very highly.

...but I'll also be happy if we get Keane. VVD will go at a higher price, and I think Keane is only a couple of years off of being at VVD's level of defending, though I don't know if he'll match his on the ball ability.

However, we'll be able to use the additional funds to strengthen the squad elsewhere.

doesn't matter, Klopp has shown that without Zorc he can't assemble a squad. it appears his new strategy is the mourinho, buy the biggest names. Also his tactics are decent but not revolutionary anymore. He's also shown he's not great defensively, they got Lovren who was a beast at Soton and he's been spotty. I don't think VVD will look the same for them. not arsed.

Buy the biggest names??? What big names has he bought?

Buy the biggest names??? What big names has he bought?

Sadio mane. Wijnaldum. Firmino. Benteke. Sorry biggest names was the wrong words. The buzz word players of the year/summer. Like any club with enough money could sign them. The "interesting" signings he's made have mostly failed like kairus, klavan, etc.

Sadio mane. Wijnaldum. Firmino. Benteke. Sorry biggest names was the wrong words. The buzz word players of the year/summer. Like any club with enough money could sign them. The "interesting" signings he's made have mostly failed like kairus, klavan, etc.

Firmino and Benteke was Rodgers signings