IGNORED

Football Aid 2017 at Goodison Park – The Ultimate Xmas Gift!

If you're after an extra special Christmas present for the Everton fan in your life this year, why not gift them the ultimate footballing experience, the chance to play on the hallowed turf at Goodison Park!

Everton FC have again teamed up with Football Aid - www.footballaid.com - to provide Toffees fans with the unique opportunity to create their own piece of club history by playing at Goodison Park on Thursday 18th May 2017 (kick-off times Game 1: 10am, Game 2: 2pm), and with proceeds being donated to Everton in the Community it won’t be just your loved ones who benefit from your generosity this Xmas!

Football Aid have been organising charity games for over 15 years now and they offer the perfect present for the football daft family member - the unrivalled opportunity to experience a matchday in the same way the likes of Seamus Coleman, Yannick Bolasie, Ross Barkley, Romelu Lukaku and the rest of the squad do every other week.

As a player you'll get the chance to pull on your very own exclusive personalised Everton replica shirt in the official changing rooms, experience the thrill of walking down the tunnel to the sound of the Z-Cars theme tune and step out onto the hallowed turf proudly sporting your official playing kit and represent The Toffees in a never to be forgotten 90 minutes of football!

To add to that, the matches at Goodison Park have been supported by a host of fantastic Everton legends in recent years, with the likes of Pat Nevin, Stuart Barlow, Pat Van Den Hauwe, Graham Stuart, John Bailey, Ian Snodin, Jamie Milligan and David Weir all lending their extra special support by playing alongside or managing the fans on their big day.

Securing your position couldn’t be easier, just visit - www.footballaid.com - and choose the Everton games and you’ll then have two Fixed Price options: Option 1: Buy Now - Book your place with a one off payment, or Option 2: Sponsored to Play - Pay a non-refundable £100 deposit for your place, then pay the remaining balance anytime before Fri 27th Jan 2017.

Everton fan Jeff Wallace took part in 2016 and told Football Aid about his experience after the game:

“I just wanted to say thanks for a wonderful day, credit goes to Everton Football Club and all the staff at Football Aid to set that up, it was fantastic. Best Day of my life!”

So if you're keen to surprise the Everton fan on your gift list with a cracker of a Christmas present this year, or maybe you fancy treating yourself instead, why not visit www.footballaid.com and sign up today! If you’d like any additional information, you can call Football Aid on tel: 0131 220 5999, e-mail: info@footballaid.com, post on their Facebook page: www.facebook.com/footballaid or send a tweet to @FootballAid.

Since forming in 2001 Football Aid have allowed over 17,000 football fans the chance to Live the Dream in 645 matches all over the UK, while raising over £2.3M for charity. The unique concept was the brainchild of businessman and Football Aid Founder Craig Paterson and funds raised from this year's event will benefit the work of a charitable project nominated by Everton in the Community, as well as projects nominated by Football Aid’s parent charity Field of Dreams.

*This message has been approved by admin.

• 2 months later...

I really do need to start running. Granted, I'm not wearing the right clothes or shoes, and have a 10kg backpack on, but the effort it took to run from the office to the train was intense - 1.2km in 12 mins i.e. 1 minute per 100m (half of it up a 17% incline mindyoy) . That's pathetic and during the game, I'll have to cover 5-6km I reckon

Any idea on good running shoes, exercise routines, apps for getting match fit in 3 months?

Edited by Matt

I really do need to start running. Granted, I'm not wearing the right clothes or shoes, and have a 10kg backpack on, but the effort it took to run from the office to the train was intense - 1.2km in 12 mins i.e. 1 minute per 100m (half of it up a 17% incline mindyoy) . That's pathetic and during the game, I'll have to cover 5-6km I reckon

Any idea on good running shoes, exercise routines, apps for getting match fit in 3 months?

first off you need to sort the diet. 12 weeks is more than enough time to get fit with the right dedication. Boxers generally do it in less time than that. Lots of cardio, however this won't make you match fit not matter how much you do! You need to be playing football. It's completely different to running in straight lines

Diet had changed drastically over the last 2 weeks, but still working on it. I am planning on playing 1-2 times a week once I've built up a bit of stamina again, but I'm so injury prone playing that I'm in 2 minds as I don't want to break / tear something before the big game :lol:

Thanks guys :)

Edited by Matt

first off you need to sort the diet. 12 weeks is more than enough time to get fit with the right dedication. Boxers generally do it in less time than that. Lots of cardio, however this won't make you match fit not matter how much you do! You need to be playing football. It's completely different to running in straight lines

12 weeks isn't anywhere near enough to get you fit if you're out of shape. Boxers do it because they are still way fitter than the average fella who never exercises even when they've not trained for a few months.

Real fitness takes a long time to arrive but also takes a while to completely go away. My best mates been body building for nearly 40 years and if he stops training even for 3 months he doesn't lose an ounce of strength because his body is conditioned and he has muscle memory where as I on the other hand can train solid for 12 months, if I stopped for 3 I'd be back to square one.

Well, I'm not over-weight so not fat to shift. The problem is that I haven't run or played in over 2 years now so my stamina is non-existent and I've over-indulged on the booze a bit too much during that time.

Going shopping at the weekend to get my running shoes, first jog will be down the banks of the Rhein in Basel :)

12 weeks isn't anywhere near enough to get you fit if you're out of shape. Boxers do it because they are still way fitter than the average fella who never exercises even when they've not trained for a few months.

Real fitness takes a long time to arrive but also takes a while to completely go away. My best mates been body building for nearly 40 years and if he stops training even for 3 months he doesn't lose an ounce of strength because his body is conditioned and he has muscle memory where as I on the other hand can train solid for 12 months, if I stopped for 3 I'd be back to square one.

12 weeks isn't enough to get you fit? If you're going to comment on something make sure you know what you're talking about! Unless we're talking about an absolute waste of space heffer of course 12 weeks isn't going to be enough a gastric band may help there. However 12 weeks for someone who's say 2-3 stone overweight is more than enough. I weighed 15 & half stone had done no sport for a decade and was running 3 miles in sub 18 minutes in 9 weeks. Because of a dedicated strict diet and fitness plan. Sub 18 minutes is top marks in the US Marine Training so I'd say that was FIT!

Matt is trying to get match fit for an amateur knock about and you're saying 12 weeks isn't enough. Maybe you just ain't got a clue how to train or you're massively overweight.

Maybe you had leg strength in there that needed to be coached out MC.

I don't do near enough exercise, but I manage a bit on the treadmill and bike two or three times a week and five a side once a week and I still struggle to get under a ten minute mile on a regular basis.

Football is 'stop-start', so your training should be designed accordingly. Circuit training is good for football. You don't need to jog for miles to build up stamina as football is all about short sprints with recovery periods, Design a series of tough exercises - squat thrusts, pressups etc., (You will need four), Find a football pitch and do an exercise at each corner flag. Start with 5 of each exercise and do 5 laps, so you do 25 of each exercise by the end. Jog between corner flags but down both lengths of the pitch do 50 yard sprints. In the second week do 6 laps and 6 of each exercise, third week 7 etc., I guarantee this will do the trick. When you are jogging, work on your breathing, really deep breaths.

12 weeks isn't enough to get you fit? If you're going to comment on something make sure you know what you're talking about! Unless we're talking about an absolute waste of space heffer of course 12 weeks isn't going to be enough a gastric band may help there. However 12 weeks for someone who's say 2-3 stone overweight is more than enough. I weighed 15 & half stone had done no sport for a decade and was running 3 miles in sub 18 minutes in 9 weeks. Because of a dedicated strict diet and fitness plan. Sub 18 minutes is top marks in the US Marine Training so I'd say that was FIT!

Matt is trying to get match fit for an amateur knock about and you're saying 12 weeks isn't enough. Maybe you just ain't got a clue how to train or you're massively overweight.

There you go again making stuff up.

If you haven't done any training for years you wont get fit in 12 weeks. You'll shed some weight but you wont be fit.

Maybe your definition of fit differs from mine. When you start you will shed weight super quick because you'll lose a lot of water retention but once that honeymoon period is over the weight loss will plateau and it gets harder to shed weight.

Losing 2 stone if you're overweight doesn't mean you are fit. It takes years of intense training, strict diet and discipline to be proper fit. If it took 12 weeks every fucker would be doing it in the blink of an eye.

losing 2 stone and running a decent time on a tread mill doesn't mean you're fit.