IGNORED

Liverpool (Home) Monday December 19

markjazzbassist

Well here it is, the derby and it's home, I'm really not looking forward to this, I think we could have another Roberto like spanking of 4-0.

Joel

Coleman Jags Mori Baines

Barry

Gana Barkley

Gerry Lukaku Mirallas

I'd prefer that, but as Romey says, I'm trying not to think about it...

We didn't play particularly good against Arsenal - if they had more conviction in the final third they could have had 2 or 3 by half time. The goals we scored were soft uncontested headers too, so I am not so sure that our defensive and attacking problems still don't exist. Hopefully though, the result will kick the team (and the fans) into gear. Looks like Liverpool might be hitting a bit of a lull after 2 bad results in the league, so I think the game will be more competitive than it looked a couple weeks ago.

I'd be tempted to bring in Joel, Holgate and Deulofeu to fix the pre-existing problems but I think Koeman will stick to what's worked tonight (with Funes Mori replacing suspended Jags), and I wouldn't blame him:

Stekelenberg

Coleman Williams Funes Mori Baines

Gana McCarthy

Lennon Barkley Valencia

Lukaku

We didn't play particularly good against Arsenal - if they had more conviction in the final third they could have had 2 or 3 by half time. The goals we scored were soft uncontested headers too, so I am not so sure that our defensive and attacking problems still don't exist. Hopefully though, the result will kick the team (and the fans) into gear. Looks like Liverpool might be hitting a bit of a lull after 2 bad results in the league, so I think the game will be more competitive than it looked a couple weeks ago.

I'd be tempted to bring in Joel, Holgate and Deulofeu to fix the pre-existing problems but I think Koeman will stick to what's worked tonight (with Funes Mori replacing suspended Jags), and I wouldn't blame him:

Stekelenberg

Coleman Williams Funes Mori Baines

Gana McCarthy

Lennon Barkley Valencia

Lukaku

Stop being realistic! Just let us believe that we are back to the good ole days for a few more hours at least!

Guest rusty747

Liverpool's strength is their attack. Their weakness is their defence.

We therefore need to be brave and name an attacking team to really get at their back line. If we do that, there will be goals and I think we will score more than them.

On the other hand, if we sit back we will get well and truly twatted.

Edited by rusty747

I'd man mark Lallana as it will nullify Firminho as well. Origi and Mane are pacey direct players whereas he feeds off intelligent players.

Glad Jagielka isn't playing, as hopefully who ever is captain will get in Henderson's face before the little crier trys to ref the game.

We need to get through the first 20 minutes unscathed. Liverpool will come out of the blocks flying. They'll put a lot of pressure on early and try to starve us of possession. They'll want to take the sting out of the game and get the crowd to go quiet.

We absolutely cannot concede the first goal. We need to get through that first period and show them we are dangerous with a few shots that test the keeper. This should make them think twice about all out attack as they know they are shaky in defence.

With Coutinho injured they will look to play through Lallana. He is their key man and we need to keep him isolated and choke him out of the game.

If we don't let the occasion get to us as usual and we can keep a clean sheet then I'm sure we can get a good result. I think a 0-0 at half time and they will be happy with that. Score late in the game and maybe we can get a second when they start to throw the kitchen sink in.

On the evidence of the past two games we'd be better off conceding first!

We need to get through the first 20 minutes unscathed. Liverpool will come out of the blocks flying. They'll put a lot of pressure on early and try to starve us of possession. They'll want to take the sting out of the game and get the crowd to go quiet.

We absolutely cannot concede the first goal. We need to get through that first period and show them we are dangerous with a few shots that test the keeper. This should make them think twice about all out attack as they know they are shaky in defence.

With Coutinho injured they will look to play through Lallana. He is their key man and we need to keep him isolated and choke him out of the game.

If we don't let the occasion get to us as usual and we can keep a clean sheet then I'm sure we can get a good result. I think a 0-0 at half time and they will be happy with that. Score late in the game and maybe we can get a second when they start to throw the kitchen sink in.

easier said than done - really impressive last night. They don't get "isolated" - all front 3 are willing runners and they are an absolute nightmare for defences to contain.

Origi and Lallana were particularly good last night - loads of intelligent running - pressing and interplay. They switch positions across the front line and make it tough for defenders to track them. Mane is very quick on the ball too.

The defence is garbage though and the only way we will get a result is to press them hard and high like Bournemouth did.

Edited by Hafnia

This game will be one of the most aggressive we will see in the league this season! Koeman will send his players out there with every intention of getting them riled up and showing some aggression. Someone will get sent off, think I'll stick money on it!

Edited by AidanLewis