IGNORED

Leicester City (Away) Monday December 26

markjazzbassist

Guest rusty747

I think that, for all his intelligence and positioning, Barry had his shortcomings brutally exposed against Liverpool. An on song McCarthy will be a big miss for any game and it's not fair on Gana to effectively have him do the sprinting for himself and Barry.

Factor in an unsettled back four, questions over which dodgy 'keeper will play, our only game changing winger long term crocked and a centre forward who can trap the ball further than I can kick it - and we could be onto a spanking.

That said, it would be just like Everton to click for one game and win 0-4.

I think that, for all his intelligence and positioning, Barry had his shortcomings brutally exposed against Liverpool. An on song McCarthy will be a big miss for any game and it's not fair on Gana to effectively have him do the sprinting for himself and Barry.

Factor in an unsettled back four, questions over which dodgy 'keeper will play, our only game changing winger long term crocked and a centre forward who can trap the ball further than I can kick it - and we could be onto a spanking.

That said, it would be just like Everton to click for one game and win 0-4.

An on song anyone is a miss, we aint had that much out of McCarthy to claim him on song anytime/place. Gueye has been a revelation but no side is a one man team, if we are going to boot it out ofdefence and hope it sticks further forward then lukaku needs some velcro boots and valencia needs a velcro lid.

Guest rusty747

Thinking about this, I would play Davies in midfield.

I understand what you are getting at but it is a difficult call. Ideally we would introduce Davies gradually and into games that have already been won and give him 15 minutes or so. Do it that way and he can come in, relax, enjoy his football cameo and show us what he can do.

But to bring him in with almost no prior premier league experience and expect him to reinvigorate a struggling team may well place an unfair burden on him and damage his own progress.

No easy solution I am afraid.

Just what we need, a performance from a youth product against a flatlining leicester side so we can herald him the next saviour of the club. Lets get him built up as quickly as we can so the fall is all the harder eh.

Ah well, Calvert-Lewis next......

It comes down to context and player personality. I don't see why every young player should be carefully shoehorned in over several months. Some thrive on being thrown in the deep end.

It comes down to context and player personality. I don't see why every young player should be carefully shoehorned in over several months. Some thrive on being thrown in the deep end.

Agreed.

Players like Owen and Rooney did ok as is rashford and Deli.

It builds character giving them opportunities.

We're to weak as a club to risk it.

Can't believe Vardys ban what has the game come to?

Its because both feet were thrown in (uncontrolled although not together ala Naismith attack) and the foot used to challenge for the ball was studs showing, so the red in my book was upheld for potentially dangerous and out of control challenge. He'd have been better off allowing himself to be bundled over and throwing a couple of klinsman rolls into the mix and make the ref make a choice instead. But thats 20 20 hindsight kicking in.

Its because both feet were thrown in (uncontrolled although not together ala Naismith attack) and the foot used to challenge for the ball was studs showing, so the red in my book was upheld for potentially dangerous and out of control challenge. He'd have been better off allowing himself to be bundled over and throwing a couple of klinsman rolls into the mix and make the ref make a choice instead. But thats 20 20 hindsight kicking in.

Both feet wern't thrown in though. Its a yellow card, never a red. I can see why the ref has sent him off with his inability to watch a replay, but here is no way for me that is a red card and the FA shouldn't have upheld the ban. At least it swings in our favor.

15741146_10153973136191277_9876914834769

5 at the back, surprising line up. Good to see Holgate in there and Davies on the bench. Also interesting hes picked Holgate over Jags.

Edited by AidanLewis

Yet to be impressed by this 3-4-2-1 or 5-2-2-1....however you like to play it!!!

Always seems like the gap between the front 3 and the rest is too big. Ends up looking like a 7-2-1!!! I'm not sure why we appear to go so negative away from home.

Anyway...Leicester are missing some key players (which makes our starting formation more confusing!), so we have a good chance here.

Holgate getting a go is very pleasing. And young Davies being on the bench is a plus.

Hope you all had a great Christmas. Enjoy the game!