IGNORED

Southampton (Home) 2nd Jan

MikeO

Just looked at the weather forecast for this, 3°C at kick-off with a daily low of -1.

For those on foreign shores you can add shitloads of minuses for the windchill off the Mersey.

Why is Liverpool so fucking cold every time I come up?

*From a soft Southerner*

Who did we play in the Europa where Duffy got an own goal, that was a cold night with lashings of ice rolling in off the water. Took all my sneaked in jack daniels to catch up with the numbness the temperature provided, little did I know of the numbness to come from clown-shoes.

thanks mike, the matches are coming fast now I'm glad someone else is on top of it. formatted correctly and everything, you're a gent :afro2:

they got stomped by spurs 4-1 and are home to west brom in the meantime. although they are right behind us in the table I think we should win this. Austin is injured and the rest of their midfield and strike force is weak. Backline and keeper are very solid though, so could see a draw.

Robles

Holgate Williams Mori

Coleman Gana Davies Baines

Mirallas Lukaku Barkley

also mike it's 0 C here in Cleveland as well so same weather. we are on a lake so same biting wind too.

Edited by markjazzbassist

It was 75 degrees here are Christmas Day. Today it's colder, though, and I even had to wear a long-sleeved shirt.

My heart goes out to you.

I miss European winters funny enough, 30+ Celsius of dry heat is no fun!

And you.

While I sit here watching my new "smart meter" readout in bloody overdrive racking up my gas and leccy bill :dry:.

It was 75 degrees here are Christmas Day. Today it's colder, though, and I even had to wear a long-sleeved shirt.

It was close to that here too. Btw, what part of Atlanta do you live in? My company's HQ is in Atlanta, and I had to go there about a month ago for some training at the GP building on Peachtree.

It was close to that here too. Btw, what part of Atlanta do you live in? My company's HQ is in Atlanta, and I had to go there about a month ago for some training at the GP building on Peachtree.

I live about 20 minutes north of the city, and I have an office northeast of the city. Do let me know when you're next in town. :)

Given up on this season, hopefully we can get a manager in the summer who has the capability of dealing with players in front of him and not constantly blaming them for his inability to manage that particular bunch.

At the minute Koeman is sat on his arse telling Moshiri game after game "I cant get results with this group of players I need my own"

No, dont take the job if you cant work with the foundations.

I would rather not buy players to suit Ronald Koemans philosophy, its going to cost a lot more if we sign the players he wants, rather than sack him and get a proper premier league standard manger in, because the style of football he plays is so old fashione, one dimensional and lower leauge, that when we do get a new manager he's going to be left with Andy Caroll and andros townsend type fodder.

Edited by AidanLewis

Given up on this season, hopefully we can get a manager in the summer who has the capability of dealing with players in front of him and not constantly blaming them for his inability to manage that particular bunch.

At the minute Koeman is sat on his arse telling Moshiri game after game "I cant get results with this group of players I need my own"

No, dont take the job if you cant work with the foundations.

I would rather not buy players to suit Ronald Koemans philosophy, its going to cost a lot more if we sign the players he wants, rather than sack him and get a proper premier league standard manger in, because the style of football he plays is so old fashione, one dimensional and lower leauge, that when we do get a new manager he's going to be left with Andy Caroll and andros townsend type fodder.

I am now very tired of the purposeful wrong setups and stupifying substitutions as well. Getting to post match interview 'phenomenal' levels of dislike.

Send a side out to choke a game and lets have a few 0-0's and prove any side can hold out under your managership. The current sycophantic stubbornness aint buying any fan good will,for himself or the players hes sending out strapped up with dynamite.

I would go with Holgate and Mori in the middle of a back 4, also Davies in the middle with Gana, if Gana is not available or McCarthy I'd rather have Cleverley, drop the old so called experienced players who aren't doing it, for younger quicker players with more fight in their bellies.

Edited by Palfy

We can play old and slower players but if we do we have to do so much deeper and counter attack more (Leicesteresque). We can't be a high press, high energy team when 3 or 4 players take longer to run 50 metres than my nan.

Koeman needs to decide what he wants to do, does he want to play his way, and if so put the players in that support that philosophy. If he wants to play the technically better players that are slower and less mobile then he needs to change the way he is asking them to play.

For the love of God just decide one way or another and don't keep mixing the two.

I would go with Holgate and Mori in the middle of a back 4, also Davies in the middle with Gana, if Gana is not available or McCarthy I'd rather have Cleverley, drop the old so called experienced players who aren't doing it, for younger quicker players with more fight in their bellies.

You know what I'd he did this and lost, then we would still be able to say "oh well, we had a try and it didn't work out".

No doubt it won't. Something like 3 wins in 15 games is absolutely dreadful and we're more than lucky to be where we are in the table.

You know what I'd he did this and lost, then we would still be able to say "oh well, we had a try and it didn't work out".

No doubt it won't. Something like 3 wins in 15 games is absolutely dreadful and we're more than lucky to be where we are in the table.

Says a lot about the rest of the league doesn't it.

Guest rusty747

Better than 30+ with 90% humidity. I still remember Singapore and Malaya even though it was 60 years ago! You could work up a sweat just lying on your bed reading a book.

I did my time in Brunei (9 years) and Singapore (8 years) and am currently suffering 26 deg C in Dubai (4 years and counting) over the cooler festive period. And, you know what - I would really enjoy a day of snow, cold temperatures, icy winds, and a full blooded encounter at Goodison Park to warm the cockles of the heart. Only a day though, only a day! I keep asking for a trip back home but January features Jeddah, Calcutta, Shanghai, Baghdad and Boston (Mass not Lincs).

Back on topic. The gap between 6th and 7th is realistically too much to reign in now as we just don't have the consistency to go on the sort of run that would be required to do it. So, as usual, we are in a fight for 'best of the rest' and our immediate threats to achieving that are WBA and Southampton. So, this game is important and, with Virgil suspended, Austin injured and Fonte supposed to be angling for a move, we really should be able to turn them over if we are set up right and play to the system that RK wants.

Robles

Holgate. Williams. Mori

Coleman. Gana. Barkley. Davies. Baines

Lukaku. Valencia

Edited by rusty747

Americans, is this on tv? I looked and NBC is showing liverpoo

Mark - its on NBCSN Extra Time 1 (cable channel)

The best app (or site) to use to see what matches are being shown in any league is called Live Soccer TV. Its great, you can choose which leagues you like, and it will show every game that is being played on any given day with both TV channels and websites (streaming) based on your location. I use it every day.

Thanks man I think my parents get that station I'll be able to see the match

Yeah, if they get NBCSN as a cable channel, then the NBCSN Extra Time channels are usually included. A shitload of PL matches are shown on those in the states, usually when NBCSN, NBC, and USA are already broadcasting other games.

Enjoy and COYB!