IGNORED

Manchester City (Home) Sunday January 15th

markjazzbassist

We were able to stymie them at the Etihad I have a feeling we will again. Pep and koeman may be best buds but I think Ron is more willing to park the bus to nullify pep. Whereas pep won't change his style regardless. Play McCarthy with Davies and if he's not fit I guess Barry.

Joel

Holgate Williams mori

Coleman Davies McCarthy/Barry baines

Lukaku Valencia barkley

Did you guys watch either of Pep's post-match interviews yesterday for NBCSN or Sky? The guy is certified mental, and even though he won, he had a hissy fit a la Jose Mouhrino at his worst. Really fucking weird, picking his nose, biting his nails, etc saying he was happy when he was clearly distressed. it was extremely bizarre.

Did you guys watch either of Pep's post-match interviews yesterday for NBCSN or Sky? The guy is certified mental, and even though he won, he had a hissy fit a la Jose Mouhrino at his worst. Really fucking weird, picking his nose, biting his nails, etc saying he was happy when he was clearly distressed. it was extremely bizarre.

he has now said he is nearing the end of his career (in his 40's keep in mind) and the 3 years with City and then maybe that's it. I have the same feelings about Pep that Haf has for Lukaku, I don't buy the hype.

I hope we smash them.

Shame the media couldn't spot a genuine clown last season or fall over his oversize shoes and realise, so now buy into abject distraction and amateur-dramatic misdirection from those they've been happy to collude with in building up (the 'special' one, and whatever hog-swill guardiola had his adviders conjure at all outspending and performance drug covering up barcelona)

(oh dear, that performance drug covering up looks a little out of place, recreational is nailed on in there too).

Greatest managers ever, the circus is in town, pep and jose, the all new chuckle brothers.

used cars, furniture, insurance, old rope, all available here, and that 19 year old shaking her ass - yeah we've got loads of that. #lowestcommondenominator.

Changing my lineup to this

If James is fit

Robles

Coleman Williams mori baines

Gerry Davies McCarthy Barkley

Valencia Lukaku

If James not fit

Robles

Coleman Williams mori baines

Gerry Davies Barkley mirallas

Valencia lukaku

In true Everton fashion after the FA cup loss we will smash city and look like world beaters.

Edited by markjazzbassist

clown-shoes mafia robles has had it, play Jagielka in net if Stek aint right.

Jagielka

Coleman Williams Mori Baines

Lennon Barkley Davies Oveido

Lukaku

Valencia

No kone, no crab-ball, no cleverly, no excuses, just a display that shows all concerned care. Not expecting miracles or 'phenomenals' just a shift and if they deserve to win on the day make them fucking earn it.

Guest rusty747

3-5-2 for me

Robles/Stek

Holgate. Williams. Mori

Coleman. Davies. McCarthy. Schneiderlin. Baines

Lukaku. Valencia/Mirallas/Delofeu

Barkley to start on the bench.

he has now said he is nearing the end of his career (in his 40's keep in mind) and the 3 years with City and then maybe that's it. I have the same feelings about Pep that Haf has for Lukaku, I don't buy the hype.

I hope we smash them.

I think you may well be right about him. Not quite the connoisseur he likes to think he is.

The joe hart fiasco was an indication of that. Bravo looks shite.

I think you may well be right about him. Not quite the connoisseur he likes to think he is.

The joe hart fiasco was an indication of that. Bravo looks shite.

In fairness City is his biggest task so I would expect it to take more than a season, albeit people (inlcudong me) probably got a little carried away given how well he started.

The Premier League exposes managers that only have 1 play style. When Pep came in he set the team up to play his way. It worked because it was new and teams had not had the chance to analyze everything and find ways to counter it.

Now that we are midway through the season there is plenty of footage on how Pep sets his teams up and because he is arrogant and refuses to adapt then the performances have wained.

The same has happened to us. Koeman came in and stopped the Martinez possession based passing but now we are too predictable.

Spot on. The variety of Southampton is what lead to their successes, with quick players to hit on the break or spring the offside, with wingers able to cross and cut inside, with a target man adept at finding a team mate with a knockdown or just as easy a header on target, it meant many areas of strength to overcome an opposition instead of relying on just one style of play that needs to be delivered almost perfectly to be successful. This is still a physical league, pace and power will always be relied upon, and sides unable to match up against raw brawn wont get the time of space to use whatever brains they can muster.

The massacre at the bridge to one side, we've tended to turn up at least for a half against the sides above us. Its the complacency, concentration and cohesion against certain other sides that has us as the best of the rest instead of battling for the european places.

We should have been spanked by City as well but they couldn't finish.

We should have been spanked by City as well but they couldn't finish.

The sun shines on a dogs ass one day in its life. Two penalty saves was a very welcome change as well, and the goal Lukaku got was top top class finishing. Imagine if we could isolate a defender against him like that more often....

The sun shines on a dogs ass one day in its life. Two penalty saves was a very welcome change as well, and the goal Lukaku got was top top class finishing. Imagine if we could isolate a defender against him like that more often....

Yeh that was a superb individual goal. Defenders must crap themselves 1 v 1 against him in space. He can beat you with power or pace.

Was about to post that theres some ST holders I know that can't be arsed with this one, the twattenburg involvement may push a few more to the brink. (Reason for avoiding is because of the atmosphere of depression that all facets of following the club have fallen into. pre game travel,inside, then the boozer after is all moaning)