Matt

Ademola Lookman

The more I read of Dembele the better I feel about that as a potential transfer.

I don't think there's an ounce of potentially singing the lad nor has there been any indication it could happen

Tentatively linked last summer that's about it Spurs and Arsenal will fight it out for this lad

a) I really don't like the term 'Wonderkid' puts way to much pressure on the player

b In the last half hour there has just been a thing on the radio about RK not playing youngsters at Southampton, and we have some good ones here already, so is this really worth it?

Walsh guy 8m from Charlton, anyone know anything about him?

The Independent claim Everton are to pip Arsenal and Liverpool to the signature of Charlton Athletic attacker Ademola Lookman. Steve Walsh, the director of football at Everton, has identified Lookman as the man to replace the injured Yannick Bolasie. The report goes on to say Everton will offer £8 million upfront with a further £3m in potential add-ons and they feel a deal structured like this will convince Charlton to part ways with the player in January as opposed to the summer.

Can't say I know anything about this lad, anyone any insight on if he's decent?

has played all across the front 3, majority on left wing. 19 years old, 4 goals 2 assists in 21 League One matches this year (2 goals in 3 FA cup apps). Last year was his first professional year 5 goals 1 assist in 24 League One apps.

that's all I can glean. arsenal in for him as well.

Cheers Mark

Not barn storming but for his age in only his second pro year from out wide isn't to shabby

agreed, I'm guessing similar to Calvert Lewin.

EDIT- looked up calvert lewin, he never scored in League 1 (11 apps) but put 5 goals in 20 apps in League 2. So by simple logic Lookman is the same age and scored more goals at a higher level sooner and while at the same age. Could be promising.

Been around the Charton forums out of curiosity and they dont seem the lease bit phased, more bothered about the money.

when you're mid table in league 1, 12m pounds can do a lot more good than 1 player can. they'll probably buy 3 with that money. Plus that's the nature of a lower league club, selling high and buying low. I wouldn't expect them to be bothered.

Anyone mentioned wonderkid George Green yet? That we coughed up a square million to Oldham at the time with potentially more on the drip, (I wont correct it,seems it was Bradford,who'd we sign up to disappear from Oldham then?)

I'm being facetious anyway i'm just checking to see if anyone has coughed up that due to inflated tv monies that £10+ for a teenage prospect is "the going rate nowadays" etc.

If we sign him then all the best, its some move by Walsh such early doors.

He's not in the squad for Charlton today implying this could be done in the next couple of days.

Hopefully he's already on Merseyside doing the paperwork and a medical.

I'll admit, I've only seen footage from the dreaded YouTube, but his manager thinks highly of him and those who have worked with him all say he's destined for the top. He seems strong for such a young lad, has that low centre of gravity. Clearly he's an upgrade on Valencia and he takes all Charlton's corners and free kicks.

To say we are refusing a loan back option suggests he is the real deal and I just hope that he continues his good form for us.

What a classy manager. Understanding that yard dogs will try and boot a young talent out the game and fearing for him losing a big move and opportunity.

Fair play.

Also doesn't want to lose the astronomical fee for him!

Also doesn't want to lose the astronomical fee for him!

He handled Alli in a similar fashion who was being scouted by the likes of Bayern and the shite amongst others who went for £5m, he's bound to want to protect an asset but that's not to take away from the man's logic

Right-footed player that plays on the left. Anyone seen any videos of him using his left? In the two vids I watched he is primarily using his right. Excited / curious to see more of him.

Looks like a hazard type player... small, mobile and skilfull. We hope.

Seems to have last played on boxing day, 25 games (starts and subs) 7 goals, so should be fit. Match fit even. Thrown in at the deep end or coaxed along for 6 months then chanced?

Seems to have last played on boxing day, 25 games (starts and subs) 7 goals, so should be fit. Match fit even. Thrown in at the deep end or coaxed along for 6 months then chanced?

All about ability for me. If he's good enough there has to be a role for him. Make me wonder if we should have kept tarashaj around though

Thanks for posting. Some left footed shots in that video. Answers my question from before.

Excited to see what he can do!

Another bloody one footed striker? All we need :dry:.

Comment under the BBC story on this..

"Good luck to the lad. Everton are one of those honest clubs - not a fan, but always pleased to see them do well. I was in Liverpool recently - on the way to the hotel 3 Everton fans went out of their way to help with directions - we talked footie and they were rather nice. 2 LFC fans stopped me to ask if I had a spare fag! True story."

Heavy price for a lower league player, but best of luck to him. Hope Walsh had unearthed a gem.

championship last year, league one this year. Jordan Rhodes was sold from a championship team to a championship team for 9m a few years back and he can't even get a match. under current "pricing standards" I'd say we just paid market rate, we didn't overpay.

Put it this way, I'm a damn site happier with this signing than the potential spunking of £25m on Memphis "Gangsta" Depay.

By all accounts Lookman has a great appetite for the game and a real desire to do well. We need more players that WANT to play for Everton rather than just looking for another lucrative contract.

Put it this way, I'm a damn site happier with this signing than the potential spunking of £25m on Memphis "Gangsta" Depay.

By all accounts Lookman has a great appetite for the game and a real desire to do well. We need more players that WANT to play for Everton rather than just looking for another lucrative contract.

Agreed.