IGNORED

Ademola Lookman

6 hours ago, Btay said:

There’s a very good footballer within him though Mark. His efforts uptop, by himself at the start of last season were huge. For now, I think he could be excellent at coming on with 30/20 ( with a lead ) and winning fouls, getting us up the pitch. The ball doesn’t stick nearly as well with Niasse as it does with DCL.

Don’t think MJB is knocking the lad, but accepting that’s he’s not a goal scoring striker. He’s a hold up/assist striker, and I think we leave him as that. No amount of loans is going to teach him to suddenly become prolific, let’s play to his strengths

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/marco-silva-ademola-lookman-everton-rb-leipzig-transfer-news-a8504951.html

Seems a pretty simple situation to me. Silva wants him, but the club has a valuation for him. If Leipzig meet that, he goes. If they don't, he stays. Does Lookman want to go? Probably, his dealings with the previous regime probably left a sour taste and hey, he might actually have enjoyed Germany. That is allowed. Does that mean we should sell him for less than our valuation? Don't be daft. 

If he is still an Everton player on Sept 1st, I have no doubt we'll see a very good player emerge under Silva. If he goes, so be it, we'll have made a very tidy profit on him. 

17 minutes ago, patto said:

In his defence he is capable of scoring goals from distance but we shouldn't be having this problem with him there's obviously more money on offer for him if he leaves. 

It will have to be a long distance because he’s never on the pitch and not likely to be in the near future 😀

16 minutes ago, patto said:

Look I want him gone I hate this carry on but if Marco keeps him he will get my begrudging support. 

Marco does see him as the future all he has to do is convince Lookman to work hard and wait for his opportunity, which will be hard to do because he wants 1st team football and he wants it now. 

So do you take the money or take the risk that he might play ball and come good , personally I’d take the money and move on with players who want to be here. 

51 minutes ago, Palfy said:

It will have to be a long distance because he’s never on the pitch and not likely to be in the near future 😀

Well Silva seems to think he has a big future here, he’s said it numerous times. So I would think he is in his plans for opportunities.

He just needs to put the effort into training and he WILL get his chance. 

1 hour ago, markjazzbassist said:

Silva could also be saying that to get RB to up their price.  Either way we are fine.  Sell and we get cash, keep and we have a talented young prospect.  We are in the drivers seat.

That is true.

28m would represent a tidy profit as we haven’t paid 10m yet as he has t reached the targets. 

But would we have to pay that if he reaches the same targets for another team? Or maybe a percentage of profit?

1 hour ago, Shukes said:

That is true.

28m would represent a tidy profit as we haven’t paid 10m yet as he has t reached the targets. 

But would we have to pay that if he reaches the same targets for another team? Or maybe a percentage of profit?

Possibley that’s usually the norm that they build a sell on fee in the sale. 

18 hours ago, markjazzbassist said:

Look up on YouTube their goal challenge last year, No defenders or keeper and he was still awful!

So awful he got 4 goals and 6 assists in the Premier League in the equivalent of 20-21 games worth of minutes.

Gylfi scored 4 and created 3 in more minutes.

I wouldn't just expect him to drop down a league a start banging them in for fun either. I have advocated doing it if he needs a confidence booster because he looked dejected at the end of last season but his cameo against Southampton looked as though he is up for the challenge of fighting Cenk for the top spot and we dont have the forward cover that can bring others into the game.

5 minutes ago, Bailey said:

So awful he got 4 goals and 6 assists in the Premier League in the equivalent of 20-21 games worth of minutes.

Gylfi scored 4 and created 3 in more minutes.

I wouldn't just expect him to drop down a league a start banging them in for fun either. I have advocated doing it if he needs a confidence booster because he looked dejected at the end of last season but his cameo against Southampton looked as though he is up for the challenge of fighting Cenk for the top spot and we dont have the forward cover that can bring others into the game.

bailey you of all people know better, they play 2 completely different positions!  not sure why you have to categorically prove everyone's points wrong on here, its my opinion, let it be, you already stated yours, great.  there is no right or wrong here, it's a forum for debate and opinions.

6 hours ago, markjazzbassist said:

bailey you of all people know better, they play 2 completely different positions!  not sure why you have to categorically prove everyone's points wrong on here, its my opinion, let it be, you already stated yours, great.  there is no right or wrong here, it's a forum for debate and opinions.

DCL probably played as much time left as he did up front. OK Siggy was never a central striker but he played as a 10 which is still a creative position. We paid £50 mil for his creative output and the lad you said was awful provided more output. 

Everyone is entitled to their opinion and I have never said otherwise but I will call out BS when I see it and provide evidence where I can to support it. I will never and have never said he is the best finisher in the world or player in the world but he played a massive part in us struggling through last season with no service and increasig blows to his confidence. If he can directly contribute in a goal or assist every 2 games in a bad season then what can he do as a part of a thriving side? Do you want to rely on Niasse as our only other striker?

I never even thought he was that bad a finisher, saw our strikers miss much more than him. The problem was last season we had very limited chances so needed what he did get to be put away. 

None of our forwards were as clinical as we needed them to be.

DCL looks a very good player and one that will get better.

29 minutes ago, StevO said:

He does an Instagram video to his friend? I really don’t see the problem. 

This is people looking for an excuse to be offended. Give it a rest lads. 

Why would it be an excuse to be offended? It wasn't to his "mate" it was an Instagram story that he knows full well his followers and many more will see 

Connect all the dots over the last few months the lads clearly being a clever little cunt, his team have been playing one of his teammates has a very serious injury and not a peep yet finds the time to post something related to the club bidding for him 

Not offended one bit I just think the lads a bellend and knows full well what he's upto  

3 hours ago, EFC-Paul said:

Been winding people up again

https://mobile.twitter.com/EvertonFutbol/status/1033747470826668032

I'll be glad to see the back of the little bellend tbh 

No, he's been watching people he made friends with last season play football and posting about it. He probably didn't do same about the Bournemouth game coz he was there, not watching it on telly. But hey, if people haven't got better stuff to do than bitch about that, each to their own. Pretty sad if you ask me. 

1 hour ago, nogs said:

No, he's been watching people he made friends with last season play football and posting about it. He probably didn't do same about the Bournemouth game coz he was there, not watching it on telly. But hey, if people haven't got better stuff to do than bitch about that, each to their own. Pretty sad if you ask me. 

Get fucked Nogs calling people sad we follow the club and it's players everyone has a right to fucked off with the lad or not 

He's clearly wanted out since the day he came back here if you've no issue with the lad playing blatant (imo) games then so be it no problem whatever but don't throw insults around because it differs from your opinion

7 hours ago, EFC-Paul said:

Why would it be an excuse to be offended? It wasn't to his "mate" it was an Instagram story that he knows full well his followers and many more will see 

Connect all the dots over the last few months the lads clearly being a clever little cunt, his team have been playing one of his teammates has a very serious injury and not a peep yet finds the time to post something related to the club bidding for him 

Not offended one bit I just think the lads a bellend and knows full well what he's upto  

You are looking for an excuse to be offended. 

“Footballer does insta post to ex team mate scandal” come on, the minute you saw it you were dying to be offended. 

How about put yourself in the shoes of a lad his age and this back to every move you made at work. Was everything you done a means to an end? A way to wind people up to get things to happen? Or maybe it could be a young lad just doing whatever he sees as normal without worrying what some lads who don’t actually know him think?

its nearly as fucking embarrassing as Koeman and his Christmas tree. 

No wonder we get called bitter. 

2 hours ago, EFC-Paul said:

Get fucked Nogs calling people sad we follow the club and it's players everyone has a right to fucked off with the lad or not 

He's clearly wanted out since the day he came back here if you've no issue with the lad playing blatant (imo) games then so be it no problem whatever but don't throw insults around because it differs from your opinion

You have an issue with him calling people sad, but you’re happy to tell people to get fucked? Hmm.

To me it just seems the lad has a titty lip and is doing all he can to get back to Germany.  He doesn't want to be here.

If he wants to go to Germany then yes make that statement to the manager... accept the fact that we set a price and get on with being a professional footballer. 

Sulky warm ups, ignoring fans (repeatedly) and celebrating leipzig goals and above all Silva more or less confirming that there has been an issue with attitude in training  isn'tt good. 

Very surprised... he came here all humble looking to learn and all of a sudden he's being like this? Let's not try and pretend he isn'tt... he's mischevious at best.  Has he commented to wish Keane well btw?

10 hours ago, StevO said:

You have an issue with him calling people sad, but you’re happy to tell people to get fucked? Hmm.

It's a retort to his comment which was after mine which is pretty obvious stuff Steve so no need to act the clever tit 

How am I "waiting" for an excuse to be offended you presumptuous clown! I went on Twitter saw multiple sources posting it and in my eyes it's in bad taste

I don't have to put myself in anyone's shoes you could use that daft logic to try and justify any person's actions you do or don't agree with, I'm not a footballer who's actions have raised eyebrows of late and clearly want to leave my place of work and I also don't have thousands of people being able to view Instagram stories (not a post to his mate) I post 

I've backed the lad in previous months but it's becoming more and more clear he's seen his arse and doesn't want to be here will i support a player who wants out and in my eyes is playing little games no but if you and others choose to then that's fine no problem but don't presume fuck all about me and comment when I justifiably reply to petty snide insults