IGNORED

Ademola Lookman

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

If we loan him out who will provide pace and directness in the side?

My concern is that In the absence of deep runs in the EL, FA and League cups, Lookman won't get enough playing time. The only one of those competitions we'll either still be in or will have been eliminated from by the close of the transfer window is the EL.

I want to see him share time in all competitions - and probably in virtually every match - with Mirallas. If that's Koeman's plan, then by all means he should not be loaned out, even for just a half-season.

I hope and think Lookman has a bright future with us. He needs to play regularly, some minutes every match he's healhy.

My concern is that In the absence of deep runs in the EL, FA and League cups, Lookman won't get enough playing time. The only one of those competitions we'll either still be in or will have been eliminated from by the close of the transfer window is the EL.

I want to see him share time in all competitions - and probably in virtually every match - with Mirallas. If that's Koeman's plan, then by all means he should not be loaned out, even for just a half-season.

I hope and think Lookman has a bright future with us. He needs to play regularly, some minutes every match he's healhy.

You make some good points, and I agree he needs regular games to develop. I think he will get the game time here. Until Bolasie gets back Lookman and Mirallas will be the only direct, pacy players. As we have seen in the second half against Sevilla we look so much more effective when we had pace and directness in the side.

You make some good points, and I agree he needs regular games to develop. I think he will get the game time here. Until Bolasie gets back Lookman and Mirallas will be the only direct, pacy players. As we have seen in the second half against Sevilla we look so much more effective when we had pace and directness in the side.

My original hypothetical situation disappears if we progress to the EL group stage, so that's an easy win-win as far as I'm concerned. I hope - I assume we almost all hope - we progress deeply into the several extra competitions, in which case we need a deep squad, definitely including Lookman.

Maybe, probably, Koeman has already decided that Lookman stays, as your reference to "pace" is important.

• 3 weeks later...