Matt

Ademola Lookman

4 minutes ago, Shukes said:

He will go if Sam stays I think. Why would any young talent stay here under him.

agreed

10 minutes ago, Shukes said:

He will go if a stays I think. Why would any young talent stay here under him.

Because he has a contract and it's not his decision if he stays or goes?

1 minute ago, MikeO said:

Because he has a contract and it's not his decision if he stays or goes?

Just like thousands of players over the years. Did Rom run his contract down?

You know that if a player wants to go, he will go regardless of the clubs decision. Very rarely does a club did its heels in and come off better.

2 minutes ago, Shukes said:

Just like thousands of players over the years. Did Rom run his contract down?

You know that if a player wants to go, he will go regardless of the clubs decision. Very rarely does a club did its heels in and come off better.

Still the club's decision though ultimately, Suarez at Liverpool for example; Modric, Tevez, Mahrez are others:).

As I said MikeO, rarely. I hope your eight and we decide his future. I just think that if a choice is offered to him and Sam is still here.... he’ll decide his future lies elsewhere.

Still hope your right as I rate him highly.

Played another hour and scored another goal today.

You have got to give it to the kid, he is trying his best to make the most of the opportunities given to him. I expect we will see a far more complete player when he returns.

10 minutes ago, Bailey said:

Played another hour and scored another goal today.

You have got to give it to the kid, he is trying his best to make the most of the opportunities given to him. I expect we will see a far more complete player when he returns.

What a mistake it’s turned out to be for him, should’ve listened to fat head 🙄

He's one we can't afford to let go of, at least not until we give him a couple of years to see if he come close to his potential. We don't have enough players like him (pacey, quick feet, tricky, etc.). He's a game changer, and he needs a chance to grow here. The fact that he was willing to take a chance at RBL tells me he's a true modern footballer and willing to take risks. Every successful club needs that type of player.

Say what you will about the PL league being the most superior league, but the Bundesliga is definitely the closest in terms of physicality, and Lookman is making noise for a CL caliber team. 

Here is yet another major decision for which the outcome depends solely on whether or not Crooked Sam leaves. The entire character of our team for the next four to five years depends on key Moshiri decisions in the coming days. I hope he realizes this (and am confident that he does).

3 hours ago, tonkaroost said:

Say what you will about the PL league being the most superior league, but the Bundesliga is definitely the closest in terms of physicality, and Lookman is making noise for CL caliber team. 

Spot on 👍

I’m surprised Lookman’s not been included in the U-21 for Toulon.  He’s done very well, including goals and assists in last few Leipzig matches.

Is this a case of the manager already knowing that Lookman has an England future, and wants to see others?

6 hours ago, Elston Gunnn said:

I’m surprised Lookman’s not been included in the U-21 for Toulon.  He’s done very well, including goals and assists in last few Leipzig matches.

Is this a case of the manager already knowing that Lookman has an England future, and wants to see others?

Surprised as well.

14 hours ago, Elston Gunnn said:

Or has he become the forgotten man, out of sight out of mind scenario.

It's because the age criteria is different for this tournament 1997 onwards so a fair few of the usual faces haven't been selected

Although Lookman is eligible Boothroyd has started to pluck lads from the u20's as they'll soon be regulars anyway 

14 minutes ago, johnh said:

Half-page article on Lookman in the Sunday Times today.   'Good enough for the Bundesliga but not for Everton'

Well it looks certain it's Silva so it'll be one of the first signs of the man's common sense to see if he addresses Looomans situation and brings him back here full time 

I can't see any half decent manager especially one known for attacking football not wanting the lad around 

He was largly untested at the top level so went out on loan. This confirmed that he certainly could well be good enough which is one of the reasons for a loan move.

If he wants to be at Everton or not I'm not sure, but I dont disagree with the loan move, only question why it was Vlasic that did'nt leave on loan instead.

I hope he returns next season pushing for a starting place.

12 hours ago, StevO said:

Anyone know what position he was playing for RBL?

I think he played anywhere across the front from left wing, AMC and even striker. I didnt see any games so thats not concrete but just what I had read from different sources.

34 minutes ago, Aidan said:

😂😂 there was a Leibzeig one somewhere 

Yes there was.  I watched it, and think these are quite well done, informative for fans like me who are behind on formation-tactics.

But the RBL video lesson didn’t focus on wingers, so I didn’t learn anything about Lookman.  I saw parts of 4 RBL matches, and Lookman played both wings.

Seems clear they’d like to keep him.  I’ll be more than disappointed if we let him go.  He’s under contract until 2021.

It was a neat vid. They are 2 different teams, Red Bull had to  make significant changes and structure of the Austrian team when they and the German team qualified for EUFA CL last year, due to rules about 1 owner having 2 teams in the tourney. Pretty amazing, that they brought a new team in the bottom tier of German football, and in the 8th year not only got promoted to the Bundesliga, but were runner-up to Bayren.

Guess who got curious on the Google machine after watching NY Red Bull play Atlanta United  about RB and the footy teams?? ATL got screwed, horrible calls.

That being said, Lookman is the most exciting player we have, and it's really not close for me. Raw as hell, but would be horrible mistake to let him go this summer.

£10m get fucked that just highlights what bollocks that article is for me 

Imo he's one of the most talented young English lads around at the moment, players of his ilk that can change a game at such an age don't come around often 

34 minutes ago, EFC-Paul said:

£10m get fucked that just highlights what bollocks that article is for me 

Imo he's one of the most talented young English lads around at the moment, players of his ilk that can change a game at such an age don't come around often 

It says we paid £10m for him, not that that’s how much they’ll offer. 

They will make an offer, I'm sure. His loan spell was very successful, and the lad proved himself. Allardyce really screwed up our team, and I shall be furious if we lose Lookman. Hopefully, whoever takes over as manager will place emphasis on bringing through our younger players and can convince Lookman to stay.

I'd be sad to lose him, but on the flip side I don't think he is the answer to all of our problems.

He has a hell of a lot to learn. I'd say Deulofeu was more promising at his age.

Like I say, I'd be upset if he left but he isn'tt as good as what others seem to be making out on here.

5 minutes ago, Aidan said:

I'd be sad to lose him, but on the flip side I don't think he is the answer to all of our problems.

He has a hell of a lot to learn. I'd say Deulofeu was more promising at his age.

Like I say, I'd be upset if he left but he isn'ttt as good as what others seem to be making out on here.

Id agree with that last bit. I havent seen anything of him in Germany but i havent seen anything from him yet that screams he is ready for the first team. That being said, he would rank streets ahead of Bolasie and therefore he is number 2 or 3 in the wingers we have at the club.

The interesting thing about him is that he seems to have a knack for scoring goals and those type of players, especially English ones, arent hard to come by. With a decent manager and some natural development he could be a very effective player.

38 minutes ago, Bailey said:

I havent seen anything of him in Germany but i havent seen anything from him yet that screams he is ready for the first team. That being said, he would rank streets ahead of Bolasie and therefore he is number 2 or 3 in the wingers we have at the club.

As to the Bolasie comparison - I had hopes for Bolasie.  Disappointed after his return from injury, no idea whether he didn’t have enough time to get back on track or whether he just doesn’t have it.

I did see Lookman in parts of (maybe 70-80 minutes total) 4 RBL matches, on both wings.  Not only did he not look out of place in the Bundesliga, but periodically he made an impact on the match, scored some goals, was a threat who worried defenders with his pace and cleverness.  He was much more impressive than this spring’s Bolasie.

4 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

It says we paid £10m for him, not that that’s how much they’ll offer. 

Skim reading at its finest 😁 they can still get fucked though 

4 hours ago, Aidan said:

Like I say, I'd be upset if he left but he isn'ttt as good as what others seem to be making out on here.

I agree although I don't think anyone thinks he's the answer to our problems but he could well have a big part to play in easing them 

I liked Geri but I'd say Lookman is a more rounded and less frustrating prospect but it would have been great to have had them both here under the right manager to develop them 

The reason I hype the lad up a little is he has Sterling written all over him potentially better tbh who would cost a fortune in today's market 

1 minute ago, Shukes said:

That’s just made my sunday morning. Really hope he is brought back and given a good run in the team. Most exciting player we have had since Mirralas opening six months.

Like I've said in the past, I find him a frustrating player but not because of a lack of ability (the opposite really), and I still can't get my head around us loaning him out last season. His last appearance was against the shite and he changed the game for us and set Sigurdsson up for his goal with the sort of play we were crying out for.

57 minutes ago, Shukes said:

Was a strange time to send him out, just as he seemed to have his enthusiasm back. 

Makes me think Sam tried to destroy us rather than improve us.

If he had to scrap until the last day, he would've been a hero again instead of him being found out as a dinosaur. 

1 hour ago, Shukes said:

Was a strange time to send him out, just as he seemed to have his enthusiasm back. 

Makes me think Sam tried to destroy us rather than improve us.

To a large extent that's true, he knew that he was only here for the season, not 18 months, I don't think we were ever in any real danger of going down, all he had to do was coast along, take the money and inflate his ego, which he did, whilst undermining players confidence ( DCL, Lookman Holgate etc ) and got his press buddies to put a negative spin on how he was treated by the club.

I m looking forward to seeing Lookman back in the treat and given the chance to flourish under Marco.

2 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

Like I've said in the past, I find him a frustrating player but not because of a lack of ability (the opposite really), and I still can't get my head around us loaning him out last season. His last appearance was against the shite and he changed the game for us and set Sigurdsson up for his goal with the sort of play we were crying out for.

I think his loan was to protect him to be honest 

1 hour ago, Matt said:

I think his loan was to protect him to be honest 

From playing positively in a fat head side? From getting assists for us? From having shots on goal in the PL? From scoring goals in the PL?

1 hour ago, Romey 1878 said:

From playing positively in a fat head side? From getting assists for us? From having shots on goal in the PL? From scoring goals in the PL?

From being ignored by a negative manager, from being away from a toxic dressing room, from getting actual game time. 

No way he would’ve played in a Fat Sam side, and even if he had would’ve been coached to not be positive. 

6 minutes ago, Matt said:

From being ignored by a negative manager, from being away from a toxic dressing room, from getting actual game time. 

No way he would’ve played in a Fat Sam side, and even if he had would’ve been coached to not be positive. 

But that’s my point really - it made no sense to be ignored and to be sent out on loan. He could’ve actually helped the gravy train. Instead he put his faith in the useless Bolasie. He wasn’t positive or negative, he was just shite. 

2 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

But that’s my point really - it made no sense to be ignored and to be sent out on loan. He could’ve actually helped the gravy train. Instead he put his faith in the useless Bolasie. He wasn’t positive or negative, he was just shite. 

It was never going to happen though. I’m glad he got away from it all, wish DCL had too

1 hour ago, tonkaroost said:

I still can't believe that we had that fathead as manager. I'm writing the last 6 months off. 

I am going to pretend like last season just didnt happen and hopefully my brain will erase all memories of it!