IGNORED

Ademola Lookman

thought that too. Think he was overawed yesterday.

He just needs to learn to make better decisions about when to attack and try to beat his man. At first he was going forward in some situations where a simple pass was a better choice and now he's doing the opposite. If we do send him on loan it needs to be at as high a level as possible so he can learn to strike a balance and improve his decision making. If we sent him to League 1 he'd just win with talent alone and I don't think that would serve him or us well long term.

• 3 weeks later...

I don't get whole he isn't ready thing, after the Europa game. The game past him by but if we were to use that against all of our squad, we wouldn't have a team to put out. 

He needs at least 10 straight games to get any observation of him. He will float in and out of games but will also single handedly win you a game also.

He will also be one of few players who arnt phased playing top four opposition aswell.

Just now, yamar said:

I don't get whole he isn't ready thing, after the Europa game. The game past him by but if we were to use that against all of our squad, we wouldn't have a team to put out. 

He needs at least 10 straight games to get any observation of him. He will float in and out of games but will also single handedly win you a game also.

He will also be one of few players who arnt phased playing top four opposition aswell.

This.

Wingers are always inconsistent, especially young ones, he needs a run of games in the side, especially now the opposition will be a bit easier after Utd.

19 hours ago, Cornish Steve said:

If the current first team doesn't improve, and given how well the U23s are doing, I'd be very tempted to give some of the youngsters an extended run-in: Kenny, Holgate, Davies, Lookman, and DC-L.

Huge step up from u23s to first team. Niasse scores bag fulls and looks a world beater at u23 level - I'd hope but doubt he'll be as dominant in the first team. I agree that these players deserve their chance but the difference in quality is huge.

40 minutes ago, c1982 said:

Huge step up from u23s to first team. Niasse scores bag fulls and looks a world beater at u23 level - I'd hope but doubt he'll be as dominant in the first team. I agree that these players deserve their chance but the difference in quality is huge.

No doubt at all but got to be worth a go,

2 minutes ago, markjazzbassist said:

already had a go for a couple matches, looked well off it.  couldn't dribble the ball without giving it away, and couldn't pass to a blue player to save his life.  hence back at u23.

So no point in giving him another go as the first team is playing so well.

5 minutes ago, Aidan Lewis said:

Or better off giving other players a go first?

He's been bad so far (not that others have been any good) for the first team

It baffles me our "supporters" sometimes... We cry out for our under 23's to be given a chance, as soon as they have a stinker, they're not ready for the step up yet.

Give me one senior player who has showed anything different and I will go with this.

The lad plays in a position whereby he will have stinkers now and again. He is one of the most exciting players we have at the whole club. He's the Sterling of Liverpool. The difference is he had Suarez and sturridge to play alongside. Lookman has Sandro who doesn't know what day it is yet and Rooney who looks like he's auditioning to be our next keeper, he plays that deep.

12 minutes ago, yamar said:

It baffles me our "supporters" sometimes... We cry out for our under 23's to be given a chance, as soon as they have a stinker, they're not ready for the step up yet.

Give me one senior player who has showed anything different and I will go with this.

The lad plays in a position whereby he will have stinkers now and again. He is one of the most exciting players we have at the whole club. He's the Sterling of Liverpool. The difference is he had Suarez and sturridge to play alongside. Lookman has Sandro who doesn't know what day it is yet and Rooney who looks like he's auditioning to be our next keeper, he plays that deep.

Dont quote me sarcastically as a "supporter" as if I don't support the team or I'm some plastic supporter, just because I don't think a kid is ready yet. Who the hell are you anyway?

A couple of points here.

1) he hasn't had "a stinker" he's had several stinkers, which naturally calls for a player to be dropped.

2) He isn't as rounded as a winger like players such as Mirallas, Lennon, even DCL. He obviously offers less for the team with his all round game. Even  Sigurdsson and Rooney offer more there.

3) He might be "exciting" but that doesn't mean he is the best option for the team.

4) "He's the Sterling of Liverpool. The difference is he had Suarez and sturridge to play alongside" - that is the difference, you're right. So what's your point?

You call me out to be a fake supporter, but have you actually watched Mola play for the first team this season? Or are you all excited because he scored a half decent goal in an under 23s league and now you think he's ready to win us the Premier League?

3 minutes ago, Aidan Lewis said:

Dont quote me sarcastically as a "supporter" as if I don't support the team or I'm some plastic supporter, just because I don't think a kid is ready yet. Who the hell are you anyway?

A couple of points here.

1) he hasn't had "a stinker" he's had several stinkers, which naturally calls for a player to be dropped.

2) He isn't as rounded as a winger like players such as Mirallas, Lennon, even DCL. He obviously offers less for the team with his all round game. Even  Sigurdsson and Rooney offer more there.

3) He might be "exciting" but that doesn't mean he is the best option for the team.

4) "He's the Sterling of Liverpool. The difference is he had Suarez and sturridge to play alongside" - that is the difference, you're right. So what's your point?

You call me out to be a fake supporter, but have you actually watched Mola play for the first team this season? Or are you all excited because he scored a half decent goal in an under 23s league and now you think he's ready to win us the Premier League?

Calm down pal ??

I'm not arsed what he does in the under 23's. I've seen enough of him to believe he has what we need in that final third. He needs to polish his game in some aspects but the only way he can do this is learn in the first team, NOT drop him after he has a dodgy game. He proved what he's about against split in the first leg. He makes defenders think, unlike anything else we have up there at present.

6 hours ago, c1982 said:

Therein lies the challenge. Stepping up doesn't happen overnight: It's a transition that occurs over an extended run of games. But can we risk playing them for an extended run of games? With the Europa League and especially with the League and FA cups, I would hope we could manage that. Sadly, though, I suspect the current team of struggling players will be named for almost all games in the hope they gel more quickly.

• 3 weeks later...