IGNORED

Ademola Lookman

On Saturday, September 30, 2017 at 10:17, Romey 1878 said:

That's exactly what should've happened in the summer. It's doing him fuck all good only playing for the U23s. He's not even coming on as a sub for the first team.

Completely agree. If young lads don't play then they should be getting competitive game somewhere. In case there is a shortage the loans should have a recall clause.

• 3 months later...
11 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

Could be getting sent out on loan. 

We lack pace so we’re sending pace away. A player that came on against the shite and made a huge difference. Makes loads of sense. 

Cant wait for a change of manager. 

Fucking idiotic if true. Watch him still play Bolasie regardless of form, all because he happens to be 7 years older. 

Agree with the above posts, he has that x factor that we need right now, either starting or coming from the subs bench. 

But, if he is not going to play and Vlasic is the back up then he should go out on loan to get game time, getting away from Fat Sam would also be a bonus for the lad.

Come back next season more experienced when we have a proper manager and have got rid of some of the dead wood and you can make a real difference for us.

38 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

Could be getting sent out on loan. 

We lack pace so we’re sending pace away. A player that came on against the shite and made a huge difference. Makes loads of sense. 

Cant wait for a change of manager. 

I hope this is a joke? What a stupid decision. 

Ok, he isn’t a first eleven player at the moment, but he is a good option from the bench. He has pace and can take a player on. He can also shoot! 

Walcott and Bolasie starting and only Vlasic on the bench? Surely it would make more sense for Vlasic to go out on loan.

Vlasic is the one that needs more English minutes. He gets caught out in dangerous positions and needs minutes in the pitch to learn. Lookman doesn’t make many of those mistakes in our half, he just needs to make better decisions at the top half.

12 hours ago, nogs said:

Fucking idiotic if true. Watch him still play Bolasie regardless of form, all because he happens to be 7 years older. 

Pretty sure it's because we spent a stupid amount on a 1-trick-pony

Honestly, this is a bit of a relief. Get him a way from the toxicity of whats going on and that "manager", because he was never going to get picked anyway.

2 hours ago, Matt said:

Pretty sure it's because we spent a stupid amount on a 1-trick-pony

Honestly, this is a bit of a relief. Get him a way from the toxicity of whats going on and that "manager", because he was never going to get picked anyway.

Don't see why Allardyce would feel obliged to play an overpriced player he didn't sign. Unless pressure is coming from Walsh, in which case the whole thing is fucked. 

Danger with Lookman going elsewhere is next step is him thinking about a permanent move. We spent £10m on him ffs, he's a real prospect and should be playing in our first team. 

10 minutes ago, nogs said:

Don't see why Allardyce would feel obliged to play an overpriced player he didn't sign. Unless pressure is coming from Walsh, in which case the whole thing is fucked. 

Danger with Lookman going elsewhere is next step is him thinking about a permanent move. We spent £10m on him ffs, he's a real prospect and should be playing in our first team. 

Because he's a fucking idiot

40 minutes ago, DavisJD said:

Rumours circulating that Lookman will be confirmed within 24 hours on loan to Mansfield Town FC for the remainder of the season.

I'm fully aware that the likes of Walsh and Allardyce have forgotten more about football than I'll ever know, but if this is true then football management is actually a complete mystery to me.

I can't even.

No disrespect intended to Mansfield or their fans, but what will Lookman gain playing for them. If it was a lower end PL team or top 8 Championship team then I think first team football at that level would be good for him.

I am coming to the conclusion that Walsh may be a big part of the reason that the club is performing so badly and the atmosphere is so toxic.

2 hours ago, nyblue23 said:

A little ridiculous that it took that. Still not even sure it’s the best situation, though, if Sam is going to insist on starting Bolasie in front of him every match.

We only have four wingers now though, he will get game time, especially if Bolasie's form doesn't improve

1 minute ago, nogs said:

We only have four wingers now though, he will get game time, especially if Bolasie's form doesn't improve

Not if he insists on playing Sigurdsson out wide, despite publicly shaming him for his lack of speed. At this rate, I wouldn’t be suprised to see Cuco out there on the left, especially after comments like these (which Romey posted in the Longest Thread):

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/sam-allardyce-ademola-lookman-theo-14213263

4 minutes ago, nyblue23 said:

Not if he insists on playing Sigurdsson out wide, despite publicly shaming him for his lack of speed. At this rate, I wouldn’t be suprised to see Cuco out there on the left, especially after comments like these (which Romey posted in the Longest Thread):

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/sam-allardyce-ademola-lookman-theo-14213263

Ah yes, the old 'you need more experience' argument from an old shit who doesn't want to give youth the chance to gain experience... There's certainly no risk of Lookman playing every week under him.