IGNORED

Ademola Lookman

3 minutes ago, c1982 said:

Good move for him... hopefully he’ll come back refreshed and raring to go under a new Everton manager with a bit of vision.

I’d prefer him to stay but what’s the point if he’s not going to play?

He can be an absolute star, this lad. My concern is Allardyce will drive him out of the club and he becomes a star somewhere else.

6 minutes ago, c1982 said:

Good move for him... hopefully he’ll come back refreshed and raring to go under a new Everton manager with a bit of vision.

I’d prefer him to stay but what’s the point if he’s not going to play?

I would like to see him get more minutes here but if he isnt going to then he might as well get game time elsewhere.

Leipzig are a good club who play decent football (as far as I know anyway - havent watched them for a while) but I wouldnt think he is a shoe in to start for them so he better be playing.

12 minutes ago, Bailey said:

I would like to see him get more minutes here but if he isnt going to then he might as well get game time elsewhere.

Leipzig are a good club who play decent football (as far as I know anyway - havent watched them for a while) but I wouldnt think he is a shoe in to start for them so he better be playing.

this exactly, he won't start for them.  makes no sense for him to warm a bench in germany.

If he plays, and plays well, there, it's an absolute repudiation of what Sam said.  They're a club with a real knack for identifying and nurturing young talent, so they wouldn't be loaning him with just a view to bench warming.  I think they either believe he's good enough to fill a need and play (even off the bench), or they're getting a leap on the competition and trying to turn his head long term.

Can we get rid of Sam yet?

6 minutes ago, TallPaul1878 said:

Don't know what all the fuss is about. This is a smart move for Lookman, it's clear he isn'ttt going to get regular game time and he could do with the experience.

Leipzig are a good side, they play good football and living in Germany will mature him much faster. I'd like to see more of our young players make these kind of loan moves.

If Everton are going to get the best out of Lookman then he needs to kick on. It does young players no good being in a struggling side that is short of confidence.

No issue with it from Lookman's standpoint, I agree it's a good move for him.

Just think it's ridiculous that Sam thinks he's not good enough or not ready but a top 5 Bundesliga side do.

13 minutes ago, DownUnderToff said:

No issue with it from Lookman's standpoint, I agree it's a good move for him.

Just think it's ridiculous that Sam thinks he's not good enough or not ready but a top 5 Bundesliga side do.

You forget, Sam is a twat.

Glad Lookman is getting out and playing football, hopefully come back next season with more experience and ready to fight for a place at Everton under a manager who knows what he is doing!!

Allardyce on Ademola Lookman's loan to RB Leipzig: "He was adamant he was choosing Germany. Going on your own at such a young age and not being able to speak the language is a massive challenge for his development. We tried to persuade him not to."

I'd have thought the club could just say "no" if they didn't think it was beneficial. All very odd.

Sounds to me like Sam just doesn’t rate German football. This is a smart move for Lookman and Everton, honestly. If he isn’t going to play here, he will actually get an experience that helps him develop there. Fat Sam will be gone in the summer. We get back a better, more mature Lookman with a chip on his shoulder.

4 hours ago, TallPaul1878 said:

Don't know what all the fuss is about. This is a smart move for Lookman, it's clear he isn'ttt going to get regular game time and he could do with the experience.

Leipzig are a good side, they play good football and living in Germany will mature him much faster. I'd like to see more of our young players make these kind of loan moves.

If Everton are going to get the best out of Lookman then he needs to kick on. It does young players no good being in a struggling side that is short of confidence.

Couldn’t agree more. Hoping he gets a decent run of games. More so, getting thrown in the deep end in another culture, witnout your ‘mates’ around you, is the best thing a young person can do to learn about themselves and to mature quickly.

Well done Lookman.

No doubt he will learn more about playing football than under Allardyce .

Just hoping he is keen to run out for Everton next season.

5 hours ago, Loose said:

Allardyce on Ademola Lookman's loan to RB Leipzig: "He was adamant he was choosing Germany. Going on your own at such a young age and not being able to speak the language is a massive challenge for his development. We tried to persuade him not to."

I'd have thought the club could just say "no" if they didn't think it was beneficial. All very odd.

The article states the club had other loan moves lined up for him, but I'm sure they would have been League 1 or League 2 clubs, and what World Cup winner would want that? I'm happy the lad is going where he chooses and not accepting our current manager's advice. I'm sure he'll do well, and I only hope we don't lose him over the summer.

It's very funny on this forum at the moment. Do any of you lot ever go back a page or 2 to read the comments?

Typical jumped up footy fans.

Before that interview where Sam reveals it is Lookmans choice, Sam was the big bad guy sending him out on loan, crooked, cunt etc etc. Blah blah blah that you can read repeatedly on every bastard thread for the last month or 2.

Now that Lookman chose the move...yeah, good lad. Don't listen to him. Should have just let him go. Blah blah blah.

Can't be arsed with it me.

2 minutes ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

It’s also clear he had other options and it was his decision to go and sit on the bench in Germany instead of getting playing time in the UK

Maybe he just believes in himself in that he can get game time there? Rather than accepting he's only good enough to play for a league one team or whoever we had lined up? I find it odd that we supposedly had other options lined up for him when our manager said he wouldn't be going out on loan like.

Maybe he just believes in himself in that he can get game time there? Rather than accepting he's only good enough to play for a league one team or whoever we had lined up? I find it odd that we supposedly had other options lined up for him when our manager said he wouldn't be going out on loan like.

Maybe so but it’s a bit of a gamble on his part and if he ends up sitting on their bench it’s a complete waste of time

We don’t know what the other loan options were but I seriously doubt any would have been in league one as that would be equally pointless

Ideally he should have gone to another Premiership club but we don’t want to be actively assisting any other teams in the relegation scrap with us so a decent Championship side would probably have been the best fit