IGNORED

Ademola Lookman

5 hours ago, Newty82 said:

It's very funny on this forum at the moment. Do any of you lot ever go back a page or 2 to read the comments?

Typical jumped up footy fans.

Before that interview where Sam reveals it is Lookmans choice, Sam was the big bad guy sending him out on loan, crooked, cunt etc etc. Blah blah blah that you can read repeatedly on every bastard thread for the last month or 2.

Now that Lookman chose the move...yeah, good lad. Don't listen to him. Should have just let him go. Blah blah blah.

Can't be arsed with it me.

Don’t get upset mate... it’s not worth it...never see me getting eaten up about posts!

I know what you mean though, we are a bunch of fickle twats haha.

29 minutes ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

Turns out the other option was Derby County, I think he would have been better off going there myself

I agree. They aint a bad team.

Probably what the club was trying to tell him.

Up to him though, really hope he gets some game time. Can be quite an exciting player.

I’d rather loan players go to a club with a good manager and other good players around, honestly. Game time is important, of course, but I’d rather them get a more well-rounded education in the game. 

We should have sent him to Man City then , he wouldn’t have got to kick a ball all season but the manager and players are boss

Just hope him going to RBL doesn’t turn into another Galloway to Sunderland/ West Bromwich experience

2 hours ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

The entire point of him going out on loan was to get the game time he needs to develop, not sure he will get that in Germany

I thought Allardyce was supposed to be some sort of tough guy disciplinarian? Yet little Ademola gets his way? More to this than meets the eye.

I thought Allardyce was supposed to be some sort of tough guy disciplinarian? Yet little Ademola gets his way? More to this than meets the eye.

Not really . Allardyce says he isn’t ready to be in the first team, not an assessment I agree with by the way, and Lookman wants more game time

Loan is the obvious solution

3 hours ago, Loose said:

Sam was sending him out on loan, though, Lookman seems to have annoyed him by opting to go and try his luck in a decent league rather than drop down.

Quite frankly, if I was a creative, young, attacking player with masses of potential, I’d take any criticism of a move from this manager as a positive reinforcement that I’d made the right choice. At the very least, he’s away from the harm the manager could do to him

Quite frankly, if I was a creative, young, attacking player with masses of potential, I’d take any criticism of a move from this manager as a positive reinforcement that I’d made the right choice. At the very least, he’s away from the harm the manager could do to him

I would have thought not playing any competitive football for the rest of the season would do him more harm but hey ho

12 minutes ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

I would have thought not playing any competitive football for the rest of the season would do him more harm but hey ho

Ordinarily I'd completely agree. But getting him away from Allardyce is more beneficial in my opinion.

1 hour ago, EFC-Paul said:

Hence why the club had options available for him.... The point is he's gone to a club that he will get minimal if much at all playing time 

...but where he will receive a good footballing education and train with top class players. 

I believe it was SAF who always told his players he’d rather have them go somewhere where they will benefit from top tacticians and players rather than somewhere they get playing time. Ideally, you’d like to see both. But, I really think it could be massive for Lookman’s development to be fighting for something at Leipzig rather than getting minutes in the Championship/League 1 and pulling off the same old tricks day after day. 

1 hour ago, JoeQuince said:

...but where he will receive a good footballing education and train with top class players. 

I believe it was SAF who always told his players he’d rather have them go somewhere where they will benefit from top tacticians and players rather than somewhere they get playing time. Ideally, you’d like to see both. But, I really think it could be massive for Lookman’s development to be fighting for something at Leipzig rather than getting minutes in the Championship/League 1 and pulling off the same old tricks day after day. 

I agree that being around very good coaches makes a massive difference, but that has to be balanced out by playing games against competitive opponents where you put learning into practice. That's where you develop your skills, build your confidence and really learn the game. These games have to be against a good level of opponent and either a top championship or prem team are ideal teams to play in. 

12 minutes ago, London Blue said:

I agree that being around very good coaches makes a massive difference, but that has to be balanced out by playing games against competitive opponents where you put learning into practice. That's where you develop your skills, build your confidence and really learn the game. These games have to be against a good level of opponent and either a top championship or prem team are ideal teams to play in. 

Yeah. Ideally, I’d have placed him somewhere like Bournemouth. Not to knock the championship, but I wouldn’t want him playing at a club that isn’t in the Prem, if he has a chance to go to a good club in another top league. I just think the trade off of less games with more education (remember, Lookman is still a very raw talent, and he has played a fair bit of games in the lower leagues) is better than sending him down. So, I think we’re on the same page in that we would want both a good education AND playing time, but we just weigh the possible options slightly differently. 

5 minutes ago, JoeQuince said:

Yeah. Ideally, I’d have placed him somewhere like Bournemouth. Not to knock the championship, but I wouldn’t want him playing at a club that isn’t in the Prem, if he has a chance to go to a good club in another top league. I just think the trade off of less games with more education (remember, Lookman is still a very raw talent, and he has played a fair bit of games in the lower leagues) is better than sending him down. So, I think we’re on the same page in that we would want both a good education AND playing time, but we just weigh the possible options slightly differently. 

Bournemouth are a good shout, and would be ideal, they play very good football under a progressive coach. That being said I wouldn't mind our players going to clubs like Derby, Wolves and Bristol City where they also play good football, and can develop without the premier league glare. I would not want them to go to clubs that are going to struggle in the Championship, the quality of football they would be playing would hurt their development.

2 hours ago, JoeQuince said:

I've never heard any top manager over here make such claims certainly not Ferguson who had a sketchy record with youth players anyway http://m.goal.com/s/en-my/news/3995/premier-league/2012/09/06/3357743/sir-alex-ferguson-unsure-of-foreign-loans-for-manchester

Any player will benefit from being around good players etc to an extent but to think they will be better off than actually competitively playing is mental, the likes of the Championship are great league's for players 

I don't think it was a great idea. We suddenly become short in midfielders. With Lennon, Mirallas, Besic, Barkley, Sandro left and McCarthy injured. Let's do the math:

Central midfielders: Gana, Morgan, Davies, Klaassen?

Attacking midfielders - Siggy, Rooney

Wide midfielders - Bolasie, Walcott, Vlasic

Am I missing someone? 

Yes, I know Siggy and DLC can play wide, but since I'm playing Football manager I always complete my 25 man squad with 2 players in each position, + 1 extra GK, 1 extra Striker and 1 extra versatile midfielder/winger. I would never loan out Lookman under current circumstances. Probably Sam is considering someone from U23 squad of better use than him.