IGNORED

Ademola Lookman

2 hours ago, patto said:

If any player doesn't want to be at Everton we must get rid for as much money as we can you can't keep a player who isn'ttt happy here.

Plus in some of the games he played he was awful I remember him being taken off at half time in one Euro game his head goes down too easily.

Does he not wanna be at Everton? As far as I could tell he was loaned out as he wasn't getting a chance.  We have a new manager now so unless there is another reason aside from football them I assume he will be approaching this as a fresh chance to impress a manager with more progressive ideologies vs the previous 2. 

He's got to go you can't have players in the team who want to leave unless they are handed some guarantees on playing.

If he's as good as he obviously thinks he is from what we are hearing, why would you need to come out with those comments let your football do the talking and if you prove your worth you play, but no guarantees.

1 hour ago, Shukes said:

Just read that article. It doesn’t say he wants to go? What am I missing?

Everyone is talking about letting him go if he is adamant about it, but I can’t see where he has said that.

No, you've not missed anything.

He's said nothing that we know of.

The bloke at Leipzig has said they want to sign and he was keen.

But does that mean he has a desire to leave Everton? Not really.

You can imagine the conversation between Lookman and Leipzig at the end of the season, something like "Thanks for your efforts here. We've been pleased with you. If we could agree a deal with Everton, would you be interested in a permanent move?" "Yeah".

It's the sort of conversation you'd expect a player and club to have at the end of a loan period.

Lookman will want to see how Silva will play and how he fits into his plans. Doesn't mean 'play me or I'm off'...just means the lad wants to play football and if he can't do that here, he knows he can do it at another club. He's entitled to do this so long as he stays respectful and professional.

2 hours ago, Newty82 said:

No, you've not missed anything.

He's said nothing that we know of.

The bloke at Leipzig has said they want to sign and he was keen.

But does that mean he has a desire to leave Everton? Not really.

You can imagine the conversation between Lookman and Leipzig at the end of the season, something like "Thanks for your efforts here. We've been pleased with you. If we could agree a deal with Everton, would you be interested in a permanent move?" "Yeah".

It's the sort of conversation you'd expect a player and club to have at the end of a loan period.

Lookman will want to see how Silva will play and how he fits into his plans. Doesn't mean 'play me or I'm off'...just means the lad wants to play football and if he can't do that here, he knows he can do it at another club. He's entitled to do this so long as he stays respectful and professional.

Also at that time a certain buffoon was the manager of our club who had no interest in giving youth a go.