IGNORED

Ademola Lookman

4 minutes ago, TallPaul1878 said:

I don't want him to go, it's abundantly clear that he has bags of potential. He terrifies defenders with his pace and he has a wicked shot that we are clearly missing.

But he is so young and another year on loan at Leipzig would work wonders for him.

We need to start looking at young players like Lookman, Dowell, DCL and Holgate and thinking about their development over a 6 to 8 year period.

We have these players at the club because we can see that by age 26, for example, they'll be great. But they aren't 26, they're 21, and we have a dilemma about what to do with them for 5 years.

I think he will be starting for us in many, many games for us this season.

1 hour ago, Romey 1878 said:

While we get mugged off for players we're out giving ours away.

1 hour ago, Palfy said:

Blame Moshiri for that a clueless man with money is a dangerous man. 

I was on about this messaging some pals the other day.

Premier League clubs are in a no win situation. Foreign clubs know there is money in the PL, as do agents and players. Players dream of playing in the PL...its not for our climate is it?!

PL clubs have to pay a premium to get players in, both in fees and in wages, but when it comes to off loading, we are screwed. Foreign clubs don't have the money to pay the sort of fees or wages that we pay, so we end up selling at a cheaper rate to subsidise wages or just paying the player a lump to sod off!

It's a big bubble to burst!

1 hour ago, TallPaul1878 said:

This is exactly what has been getting on my nerves about the Premier League. It's all well and good for Man City, Utd, Chelsea etc to go and throw money around. They make a hundred million just from Champions League qualification these days. They can afford to take a scattergun approach to signing players and then cutting their losses.

Everton does not have that luxury. Following Leicester winning the league the big clubs went and spent so much as to effectively ensure that that sort of thing will never happen again.

We are caught between a rock and a hard place. We won't be able to go season after season throwing that kind of money around to finish 7th, eventually it will bankrupt us. Honestly we need to live within our means a bit more. It's okay to be frugal, even when you have a considerably deeper wallet than before.

Exactly, its all about being smart. People might say, yeh look at City, they did it and it worked but then you can look at Spurs and once they stopped throwing money around, bought in a bloody good manager they started to actually do achieve something consistently.

Personally, throwing money around doesnt fit the ethos of this club. I know we were the Mersey millionaires once upon a time, but in my life time I have only ever seen us work extra hard for every pound spent (before Mohsiri) whilst laughing at these other clubs spunking millions on useless players whilst we outgun them where it matters. Now we have become one of them clubs that is spending silly money on players who aren't worth it. Like you say, it will cripple us eventually if we cant move these players on properly and also have to sacrifice paying additional wages whilst they are at new clubs (like Utd did with Rooney).

1 hour ago, TallPaul1878 said:

This is exactly what has been getting on my nerves about the Premier League. It's all well and good for Man City, Utd, Chelsea etc to go and throw money around. They make a hundred million just from Champions League qualification these days. They can afford to take a scattergun approach to signing players and then cutting their losses.

Everton does not have that luxury. Following Leicester winning the league the big clubs went and spent so much as to effectively ensure that that sort of thing will never happen again.

We are caught between a rock and a hard place. We won't be able to go season after season throwing that kind of money around to finish 7th, eventually it will bankrupt us. Honestly we need to live within our means a bit more. It's okay to be frugal, even when you have a considerably deeper wallet than before.

Exactly but that’s where Moshiri fucked up he should have eased his way into the club, but before he got here decided to sack Martinez before he met him, then paid a fortune to attract Koeman and Walsh, gave them millions to spend and after the 1st season when you could see there was no plan to their buying and no tactics or game plan gave them millions more to waste, frankly he’s a twat and he hasn’t got the funds to get us out shit he got us in. 

In terms of money we will never complete with City Utd Chelsea Arsenal and probably the Shite and Spurs, so we have to make every penny count and develop our young players and improve the ones we buy, Moyes was good at that and so was Martinez and in years to come the decision to sack him imo will be seen as one of the biggest mistake the club has made, when you see what’s happening now. 

That’s true to a point but you have to give him lee way. He thought he had appointed the right man to get those signings. Most failed but he had successes aswell. He is learning on the job aswell. I agree about signing players from around our group. Obviously Chelsea had the London factor. I’m not a fan of king but batshuyai would be the one for me 

3 hours ago, TallPaul1878 said:

In our team I think he should be played in a front 3 and given 2 jobs. First get the ball and attack their defenders, run at them and go past them. Force them to make a challenge and take a booking, win territory, corners etc.

Secondly just stop their full/wing backs getting forward.

We have been so disjointed and unsettled it has probably had a negative influence on his opinion of the club. He probably, and quite rightly, sees at as a badly run mess.

RB Leipzig have a settled system. Everyone knows their role and he probably would rather be a part of that. Honestly, for himself, it is probably the best move. The Premier League is a graveyard for young English talent. If more youngsters were willing to go abroad to play regular football then we might see the national team in much better health.

At u21 level and below English players are arguably the best in the world right now. The problem is abundantly clear. From u21 to about age 24 these players cannot get a kick of the ball.

Perhaps the solution is a long term loan arrangement overseas for them to develop their character, live away from home, learn another language and culture. Come back fully matured and ready to take on the biggest stage.

The slight flaw in your argument is that England have just finished fourth at a World Cup. So the long term plan to restructure youth development to improve the national team is working, and we arguably have better talent to come. 

I agree though, Prem team need to play more English youngsters. Bar Spurs, the CL teams won't, but clubs like us should be. I'd be very angry if we let Lookman leave without giving him a crack. I also think all the 'let him leave if he wants to' shit coming from some people is a load of bollocks because there's no evidence he's said anything to suggest he doesn't want to stay. 

27 minutes ago, Newty82 said:

Palfy on one of his over the top rants...todays victim: Moshiri.

Tune in next week for more irrational Palfy rants.

Thanks Newty, but I think there was a lot of worth in what I said even if most didn’t find it palatable, let’s just say food for thought.  

Just watched Marcos interview on SSN. He looked pretty convincing that he wants Lookman to stay. He pointed out that it’s ore season and rumours are abound about players coming and going. But his words were.... definitely, when asked if he wants him to stay.

2 hours ago, TallPaul1878 said:

He has a point. Moshiri thought he could come in and throw his money around and buy success. Football doesn't really work that way or Liverpool would win the league haha.

If you look back to when Abramovic first came to Chelsea, they were in a similar position. A good club that couldn't crack the top teams. So they went and signed all the best players from the teams around them. Weakening their rivals and making the squad more competitive.

Look at how we turned Sigurdssons head. It was a no brainer that he would want to come, regardless of wages. We can go through a couple of teams and point out their best players who would improve our squad. Lascelles of Newcastle, Richarlison and Doucoure at Watford for example. I'd take Josh King from Bournemouth up front too.

Then a splash of talent from the continent. But Moshiri came in and tried to make marquee signings that didn't come off.

Doesn't make him a twat though, does it?!

1 hour ago, Palfy said:

Thanks Newty, but I think there was a lot of worth in what I said even if most didn’t find it palatable, let’s just say food for thought.  

But to say he's just a twat who "hasn't got the funds to get us out the mess he got us in" just makes you sound like one of those dickhead fans who beat their chest like a caveman but would ask for a handshake and selfie if stood infront of the man.

1 minute ago, Newty82 said:

But to say he's just a twat who "hasn't got the funds to get us out the mess he got us in" just makes you sound like one of those dickhead fans who beat their chest like a caveman but would ask for a handshake and selfie if stood infront of the man.

Not me stand by my convictions and don’t do selfies. 

16 minutes ago, Newty82 said:

Ai, I guarantee you wouldn't stand there and call him a twat either 😉

Given the opportunity I most definitely would and in response as a businessman I would expect him to hold his hands up, and say your right I’ve messed up I got things wrong I made mistakes. 

5 minutes ago, Palfy said:

Given the opportunity I most definitely would and in response as a businessman I would expect him to hold his hands up, and say your right I’ve messed up I got things wrong I made mistakes. 

Says more about you I'm afraid.

3 minutes ago, Palfy said:

Well if your happy 😃 with the way things are I’ll say no more. 

Ah classic forum twist tactic there.

I've not expressed that I'm happy with everything but you have said that he has got us into a mess, what is this mess? From your point of view of course.

8 minutes ago, Newty82 said:

Ah classic forum twist tactic there.

I've not expressed that I'm happy with everything but you have said that he has got us into a mess, what is this mess? From your point of view of course.

He got rid of manager that should have been given the opportunity to have a bit of money and time, a manager who new how to play football and had an eye for a player. 

Then he replaced him with Koeman and Walsh now he couldn’t have for seen how disastrous that would have been granted,  but what he should have seen was that they spent millions year one and the players they brought in didn’t perform they threw the money away, we got to 7th off the back of the players they inherited from Moyes and Martinez. 

But he learnt nothing from that season he made it worse by given them millions more to spend on more players that we are now trying to off load, but will struggle to because he sanctioned 100k plus a week wages and long contracts. 

Now we find ourselves in the same old position of selling before buying, imo which you asked for I call it a mess, all brought about by him coming into the club and wielding the axe and thinking he can buy success.