Jump to content
Matt

Ademola Lookman

Recommended Posts

10 hours ago, Palfy said:

Paul is right why would Silva and the international coach come out with the comments they have if everything's been rosy with him.

As I’ve already said Palfy, just because he wanted to leave and wasn’t happy at the club, it doesn’t mean he has a bad attitude. I just means he wasn’t happy and wanted to leave. I’m sure we’ve all wanted to leave our jobs before, I know I have, my attitude towards my current job didn’t change. Wanting something different and attitude are not necessarily linked. 

In September a member of my team found another job, wanted to go, did his best until the last day. I’ve got two colleagues at the moment who both leave on 14th, they are both still doing the job. Attitude doesn’t have to come into it. 

We seem to think when a footballer wants something else he has an attitude or is ungrateful. Doesn’t make sense to me. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, StevO said:

As I’ve already said Palfy, just because he wanted to leave and wasn’t happy at the club, it doesn’t mean he has a bad attitude. I just means he wasn’t happy and wanted to leave. I’m sure we’ve all wanted to leave our jobs before, I know I have, my attitude towards my current job didn’t change. Wanting something different and attitude are not necessarily linked. 

In September a member of my team found another job, wanted to go, did his best until the last day. I’ve got two colleagues at the moment who both leave on 14th, they are both still doing the job. Attitude doesn’t have to come into it. 

We seem to think when a footballer wants something else he has an attitude or is ungrateful. Doesn’t make sense to me. 

But there were reports of his bad attitude towards supporters, we also witnessed his half hearted performances in pre season basically throwing his dummy out the pram his managers now talk about his change in attitude, so for me he did in have a bad attitude and in some ways down tools, but that's all over now and he seems to have turned the corner and excepted that he is part of the team and in Silvas plans which is what we all want.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Palfy said:

But there were reports of his bad attitude towards supporters, we also witnessed his half hearted performances in pre season basically throwing his dummy out the pram his managers now talk about his change in attitude, so for me he did in have a bad attitude and in some ways down tools, but that's all over now and he seems to have turned the corner and excepted that he is part of the team and in Silvas plans which is what we all want.

The only reports of his attitude was from fans, who are assuming his attitude. He didn’t sign a few autographs and told a few people he wanted to leave. That’s poor behaviour, not attitude. 

A lot of us will see this different, was the same with Schneiderlin, but might as well move on. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A players worth is the price it takes to replace them. You could 1000% profit on a player, but if it costs more than that to replace them.... then it’s bad business.

Unless of course they are surplus .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, Shukes said:

A players worth is the price it takes to replace them. You could 1000% profit on a player, but if it costs more than that to replace them.... then it’s bad business.

Unless of course they are surplus .

He's only a bit part player at the moment and we've already got Vlasic on the books so wouldn't cost a thing to replace him. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, pete0 said:

He's only a bit part player at the moment and we've already got Vlasic on the books so wouldn't cost a thing to replace him. 

He’s came on the last few games and is an obvious player who can replace Walcott.

Vlasic has already failed to make a mark here, honestly don’t think he is good enough.

With these points taken into consideration, I would say it would cost money to replace a young English promising talent. 

I would go as far as betting that the club will see it that way as well. This is reason why they run a premier league team.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Shukes said:

He’s came on the last few games and is an obvious player who can replace Walcott.

Vlasic has already failed to make a mark here, honestly don’t think he is good enough.

With these points taken into consideration, I would say it would cost money to replace a young English promising talent. 

I would go as far as betting that the club will see it that way as well. This is reason why they run a premier league team.

Thought Vlasic was the better of the two albeit from limited minutes. Koeman picked him over Lookman. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yep, has to start over Walcott.  He's offering so much more going forward, far cleaner with his touches and more dangerous with his passes.  He does seem to hang forward a bit more on defense, but I didn't see Walcott do much more than cover space himself.

The team is relatively settled, time to shake things up a little.  Start Lookman and challenge him to make it his own, while challenging Walcott to show he deserves it back 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He’s also coming on against tired legs legs not forget, it gives him more space and opportunity. I want him to start but there are still concerns for the full game 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Matt said:

He’s also coming on against tired legs legs not forget, it gives him more space and opportunity. I want him to start but there are still concerns for the full game 

His close control is a thing of beauty. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, hafnia said:

His close control is a thing of beauty. 

Yeah, when he’s fresh. My potential concern would be when he’s getting more tired, which we won’t know about unless he starts and builds up stamina. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Matt said:

Yeah, when he’s fresh. My potential concern would be when he’s getting more tired, which we won’t know about unless he starts and builds up stamina. 

we just sub him at 60' like we do theo when he runs out of steam, no big deal.  to think Mola only has 30 min in him is comical at best

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, markjazzbassist said:

we just sub him at 60' like we do theo when he runs out of steam, no big deal.  to think Mola only has 30 min in him is comical at best

True, though then we lose that “unknown quantity” off the bench. The other concern is his discipline tracking back. There’s a couple of concerns but I think the next game could be a great opportunity for him too. Again, all for him starting but my expectations are more conservative that optimistic for a change 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He drifted in field too often last night, and didn't give Seamus enough options down the line, when he runs a defenders he's a real threat, but after last night seem best suited as an impact sub at the moment..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He isn’t the type of winger to get chalk on his boots. Wants to come inside and not often get goal side of the defence. We need our wide men to pull the defenders apart, he was making it easy for them to stay tight. At one point Gylfi went wide right, I think to prove a point, and was then shouting telling him where to be, but didn’t make any difference.

People have been calling for him to start for a while, for me I’d still be playing Theo ahead of him. 

A very capable sub, but starting a game is completely different. Much more useful from the bench for me. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, StevO said:

He isn’t the type of winger to get chalk on his boots. Wants to come inside and not often get goal side of the defence. We need our wide men to pull the defenders apart, he was making it easy for them to stay tight. At one point Gylfi went wide right, I think to prove a point, and was then shouting telling him where to be, but didn’t make any difference.

People have been calling for him to start for a while, for me I’d still be playing Theo ahead of him. 

A very capable sub, but starting a game is completely different. Much more useful from the bench for me. 

all true, only thing i'd disagree with is theo did absolutely nothing when he came on.  miscontrolled the ball a couple times and contributed little.  lookman contributes more in attack, i'd still start lookman.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, markjazzbassist said:

all true, only thing i'd disagree with is theo did absolutely nothing when he came on.  miscontrolled the ball a couple times and contributed little.  lookman contributes more in attack, i'd still start lookman.

Thought Walcott did alright when he came on 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, markjazzbassist said:

he immediately miscontrolled the ball and gave it away which resulted in a counter.

He also made several breakaway runs down the wing. Like I said, he did alright. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Matt said:

He also made several breakaway runs down the wing. Like I said, he did alright. 

one of which broke down because he touched it and it went to the opposition.  he offers nothing more than pace for me.  lookman has creativity and is able to make runs into the box with his trickery.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I thought Lookman showed a lot of versatility and risk in his passing. Sometimes it didnt work but there were other times when he took out a couple of defenders with one ball but unfortunatly the person receiving the ball did nothing with it.

I didnt think Walcott did too badly when he came on either but ultimately missed his big chances when played through by Pickford. 

I dont think there is much between them. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, markjazzbassist said:

all true, only thing i'd disagree with is theo did absolutely nothing when he came on.  miscontrolled the ball a couple times and contributed little.  lookman contributes more in attack, i'd still start lookman.

Wasn’t it Lookman who lost the ball which resulted in there goal 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Palfy said:

Wasn’t it Lookman who lost the ball which resulted in there goal 

no, cenk makes a bad pass that lookman hustles to try and get and the newcastle man beats him to it.  lookman if anything was working hard to fix Cenk's mistake.

 

https://www.nbcsports.com/video/highlights-everton-1-newcastle-united-1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, markjazzbassist said:

all true, only thing i'd disagree with is theo did absolutely nothing when he came on.  miscontrolled the ball a couple times and contributed little.  lookman contributes more in attack, i'd still start lookman.

The first thing he did when he came on was hug the touch line, which in turn spreads the defence. It’s not always what you do on the ball that counts.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×