IGNORED

Ademola Lookman

He's one we can't afford to let go of, at least not until we give him a couple of years to see if he come close to his potential. We don't have enough players like him (pacey, quick feet, tricky, etc.). He's a game changer, and he needs a chance to grow here. The fact that he was willing to take a chance at RBL tells me he's a true modern footballer and willing to take risks. Every successful club needs that type of player.

6 hours ago, Elston Gunnn said:

I’m surprised Lookman’s not been included in the U-21 for Toulon.  He’s done very well, including goals and assists in last few Leipzig matches.

Is this a case of the manager already knowing that Lookman has an England future, and wants to see others?

Surprised as well.

14 hours ago, Elston Gunnn said:

I’m surprised Lookman’s not been included in the U-21 for Toulon.  He’s done very well, including goals and assists in last few Leipzig matches.

Is this a case of the manager already knowing that Lookman has an England future, and wants to see others?

Or has he become the forgotten man, out of sight out of mind scenario.

14 minutes ago, johnh said:

Half-page article on Lookman in the Sunday Times today.   'Good enough for the Bundesliga but not for Everton'

Well it looks certain it's Silva so it'll be one of the first signs of the man's common sense to see if he addresses Looomans situation and brings him back here full time 

I can't see any half decent manager especially one known for attacking football not wanting the lad around 

He was largly untested at the top level so went out on loan. This confirmed that he certainly could well be good enough which is one of the reasons for a loan move.

If he wants to be at Everton or not I'm not sure, but I dont disagree with the loan move, only question why it was Vlasic that did'nt leave on loan instead.

I hope he returns next season pushing for a starting place.

12 hours ago, StevO said:

Anyone know what position he was playing for RBL?

I think he played anywhere across the front from left wing, AMC and even striker. I didnt see any games so thats not concrete but just what I had read from different sources.

34 minutes ago, Aidan said:

😂😂 there was a Leibzeig one somewhere 

Yes there was.  I watched it, and think these are quite well done, informative for fans like me who are behind on formation-tactics.

But the RBL video lesson didn’t focus on wingers, so I didn’t learn anything about Lookman.  I saw parts of 4 RBL matches, and Lookman played both wings.

Seems clear they’d like to keep him.  I’ll be more than disappointed if we let him go.  He’s under contract until 2021.

It was a neat vid. They are 2 different teams, Red Bull had to  make significant changes and structure of the Austrian team when they and the German team qualified for EUFA CL last year, due to rules about 1 owner having 2 teams in the tourney. Pretty amazing, that they brought a new team in the bottom tier of German football, and in the 8th year not only got promoted to the Bundesliga, but were runner-up to Bayren.

Guess who got curious on the Google machine after watching NY Red Bull play Atlanta United  about RB and the footy teams?? ATL got screwed, horrible calls.

That being said, Lookman is the most exciting player we have, and it's really not close for me. Raw as hell, but would be horrible mistake to let him go this summer.

34 minutes ago, EFC-Paul said:

£10m get fucked that just highlights what bollocks that article is for me 

Imo he's one of the most talented young English lads around at the moment, players of his ilk that can change a game at such an age don't come around often 

It says we paid £10m for him, not that that’s how much they’ll offer. 

They will make an offer, I'm sure. His loan spell was very successful, and the lad proved himself. Allardyce really screwed up our team, and I shall be furious if we lose Lookman. Hopefully, whoever takes over as manager will place emphasis on bringing through our younger players and can convince Lookman to stay.