IGNORED

Ademola Lookman

5 minutes ago, Aidan said:

I'd be sad to lose him, but on the flip side I don't think he is the answer to all of our problems.

He has a hell of a lot to learn. I'd say Deulofeu was more promising at his age.

Like I say, I'd be upset if he left but he isn'ttt as good as what others seem to be making out on here.

Id agree with that last bit. I havent seen anything of him in Germany but i havent seen anything from him yet that screams he is ready for the first team. That being said, he would rank streets ahead of Bolasie and therefore he is number 2 or 3 in the wingers we have at the club.

The interesting thing about him is that he seems to have a knack for scoring goals and those type of players, especially English ones, arent hard to come by. With a decent manager and some natural development he could be a very effective player.

38 minutes ago, Bailey said:

I havent seen anything of him in Germany but i havent seen anything from him yet that screams he is ready for the first team. That being said, he would rank streets ahead of Bolasie and therefore he is number 2 or 3 in the wingers we have at the club.

As to the Bolasie comparison - I had hopes for Bolasie.  Disappointed after his return from injury, no idea whether he didn’t have enough time to get back on track or whether he just doesn’t have it.

I did see Lookman in parts of (maybe 70-80 minutes total) 4 RBL matches, on both wings.  Not only did he not look out of place in the Bundesliga, but periodically he made an impact on the match, scored some goals, was a threat who worried defenders with his pace and cleverness.  He was much more impressive than this spring’s Bolasie.

4 hours ago, Aidan said:

I'd be sad to lose him, but on the flip side I don't think he is the answer to all of our problems.

He has a hell of a lot to learn. I'd say Deulofeu was more promising at his age.

Like I say, I'd be upset if he left but he isn'ttt as good as what others seem to be making out on here.

I agree although I don't think anyone thinks he's the answer to our problems but he could well have a big part to play in easing them 

I liked Geri but I'd say Lookman is a more rounded and less frustrating prospect but it would have been great to have had them both here under the right manager to develop them 

The reason I hype the lad up a little is he has Sterling written all over him potentially better tbh who would cost a fortune in today's market 

• 2 weeks later...
1 minute ago, Shukes said:

That’s just made my sunday morning. Really hope he is brought back and given a good run in the team. Most exciting player we have had since Mirralas opening six months.

Like I've said in the past, I find him a frustrating player but not because of a lack of ability (the opposite really), and I still can't get my head around us loaning him out last season. His last appearance was against the shite and he changed the game for us and set Sigurdsson up for his goal with the sort of play we were crying out for.

57 minutes ago, Shukes said:

Was a strange time to send him out, just as he seemed to have his enthusiasm back. 

Makes me think Sam tried to destroy us rather than improve us.

If he had to scrap until the last day, he would've been a hero again instead of him being found out as a dinosaur. 

1 hour ago, Shukes said:

Was a strange time to send him out, just as he seemed to have his enthusiasm back. 

Makes me think Sam tried to destroy us rather than improve us.

To a large extent that's true, he knew that he was only here for the season, not 18 months, I don't think we were ever in any real danger of going down, all he had to do was coast along, take the money and inflate his ego, which he did, whilst undermining players confidence ( DCL, Lookman Holgate etc ) and got his press buddies to put a negative spin on how he was treated by the club.

I m looking forward to seeing Lookman back in the treat and given the chance to flourish under Marco.

2 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

Like I've said in the past, I find him a frustrating player but not because of a lack of ability (the opposite really), and I still can't get my head around us loaning him out last season. His last appearance was against the shite and he changed the game for us and set Sigurdsson up for his goal with the sort of play we were crying out for.

I think his loan was to protect him to be honest 

1 hour ago, Romey 1878 said:

From playing positively in a fat head side? From getting assists for us? From having shots on goal in the PL? From scoring goals in the PL?

From being ignored by a negative manager, from being away from a toxic dressing room, from getting actual game time. 

No way he would’ve played in a Fat Sam side, and even if he had would’ve been coached to not be positive. 

6 minutes ago, Matt said:

From being ignored by a negative manager, from being away from a toxic dressing room, from getting actual game time. 

No way he would’ve played in a Fat Sam side, and even if he had would’ve been coached to not be positive. 

But that’s my point really - it made no sense to be ignored and to be sent out on loan. He could’ve actually helped the gravy train. Instead he put his faith in the useless Bolasie. He wasn’t positive or negative, he was just shite. 

2 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

But that’s my point really - it made no sense to be ignored and to be sent out on loan. He could’ve actually helped the gravy train. Instead he put his faith in the useless Bolasie. He wasn’t positive or negative, he was just shite. 

It was never going to happen though. I’m glad he got away from it all, wish DCL had too

1 hour ago, Haiku said:

It was good for Lookman being away from this toxic atmosphere. I doubt he would do better here under Fat Sam, than how he did in Leipzig. It was a good time off for him and he's coming back better than he was 6 months ago. No regrets.

Indeed, blessing in disguise I think. One of Silva's strengths is is man management, and I think it will make all the difference in getting the best out of Lookman who is one of the most exciting young players we have.

With the young players we have, and the new managements commitment commitment to youth I believe this will be a very exciting seasons we have had in years.

• 3 weeks later...

Papers saying we are to hold talks this week with Mola wanting lots of playing time in order to stay.

Where you lads at with this? Would you be happy with Lookman being our starting LW next season or would you prefer him being rotated around a new signing?

Didn't want to mention Bolasi as I don't think many on here wish to see much more of him. 

Agree with all of you.

No guarantees of starts, just a chance.

Rather have a player that wants to play football than a player who just cares about club status.

Doubt he is demanding through, he’s probably just asking for a fair crack if the whip.  And if that’s true then good on him.