IGNORED

Ademola Lookman

1 minute ago, Palfy said:

He got rid of manager that should have been given the opportunity to have a bit of money and time, a manager who new how to play football and had an eye for a player. 

Didn't read past this. Not even going into it beyond it. We've all done the Martinez thing over and over again.

Cheers though.

1 minute ago, Newty82 said:

Didn't read past this. Not even going into it beyond it. We've all done the Martinez thing over and over again.

Cheers though.

Well that’s fair enough but in future don’t keep asking for my opinion and then not read it, that’s not how you debate a subject       

10 hours ago, TallPaul1878 said:

England would never have gotten past Germany had in that qualified. Nor Spain. England got the easiest run in they would ever have and would ever likely get ever again and still got beat by Croatia.

Not really the point. Who cares that Leicester 'only' won the league because the big boys all had poor seasons. And Germany were utter shite. 

Everton are braced for a third bid from RB Leipzig for Ademola Lookman.

The Bundesliga side have so far had two offers rejected to sign the 20-year-old but are preparing a third bid this week to break the deadlock.

Everton want £20million for the player they paid Charlton Athletic an initial £8million for in January 2017.

So far Leipzig have only offered £12m plus add-ons and then £14m plus add-ons, both of which Everton have rejected. 

But Leipzig are expected to make a third bid this week, which they hope will be close enough to Everton’s valuation to sign the player.

23 hours ago, Palfy said:

1) He got rid of manager that should have been given the opportunity to have a bit of money and time, a manager who new how to play football and had an eye for a player. 

2) Then he replaced him with Koeman and Walsh now he couldn’t have for seen how disastrous that would have been granted,  but what he should have seen was that they spent millions year one and the players they brought in didn’t perform they threw the money away, we got to 7th off the back of the players they inherited from Moyes and Martinez. 

But he learnt nothing from that season he made it worse by given them millions more to spend on more players that we are now trying to off load, but will struggle to because he sanctioned 100k plus a week wages and long contracts. 

3) Now we find ourselves in the same old position of selling before buying, imo which you asked for I call it a mess, all brought about by him coming into the club and wielding the axe and thinking he can buy success.  

1) Martinez's time at Everton was done, he had lost the confidence of the dressing room, our second and third seasons had got progressively worse. Defensively we were a shambles and our attacking play had become slow and predictable. 

2) Actually we got to 7th because Koeman gave the squad direction and foucus which we needed. Schneiderlin  was very good as was Gana, and Lookman is still full of potential. Bolasie got injured early. Not to mention we got DCL,

3) We are selling because our squad is bloated and needs trimming, we have what 30+ senior players? We have to sell, we are not a Barry Fry production! Given we are about to sign Richarlison I doubt we have to sell to buy. Yes its taken a while but Silva and Brands needed to run the rule over the players we have before deciding who stays and who goes.

9 minutes ago, London Blue said:

1) Martinez's time at Everton was done, he had lost the confidence of the dressing room, our second and third seasons had got progressively worse. Defensively we were a shambles and our attacking play had become slow and predictable. 

2) Actually we got to 7th because Koeman gave the squad direction and foucus which we needed. Schneiderlin  was very good as was Gana, and Lookman is still full of potential. Bolasie got injured early. Not to mention we got DCL,

3) We are selling because our squad is bloated and needs trimming, we have what 30+ senior players? We have to sell, we are not a Barry Fry production! Given we are about to sign Richarlison I doubt we have to sell to buy. Yes its taken a while but Silva and Brands needed to run the rule over the players we have before deciding who stays and who goes.

1) Defensively we still are a shambles after millions spent on it.

2) Imo we were the team with the least direction in the league at times it was embarrassing to watch players who didn’t have a clue what was going on and struggled to string 2 passes together, never witnessed that in a Everton team for as long as I care to remember.

3) But who’s fault is it that our squad has got that big, who’s fault is it that players we are trying to get rid of are mostly the ones that came in with in the last two years, who’s fault is that the players are on massive wages and long contracts that give them the upper hand in any deals or they will just sit in the reserves and pick their millions up, imo Moshiri has more responsibility for our poor buying and inflated contracts than anyone else, which is widely recognised no matter what paper you read as calamitous situation.  

Why does BK get off with it all? They kept telling us he was still the main negotiator in transfers and credited him for getting all of these players over the line. They all even mentioned the chairman in their welcome interviews. It goes south and it’s all the man with the moneys fault, not the man with his cheque book?

Just seems strange to me. But typical Bill, take the plaudits for the positive. Go missing in the negative. 

1 hour ago, Palfy said:

1) Defensively we still are a shambles after millions spent on it.

2) Imo we were the team with the least direction in the league at times it was embarrassing to watch players who didn’t have a clue what was going on and struggled to string 2 passes together, never witnessed that in a Everton team for as long as I care to remember.

3) But who’s fault is it that our squad has got that big, who’s fault is it that players we are trying to get rid of are mostly the ones that came in with in the last two years, who’s fault is that the players are on massive wages and long contracts that give them the upper hand in any deals or they will just sit in the reserves and pick their millions up, imo Moshiri has more responsibility for our poor buying and inflated contracts than anyone else, which is widely recognised no matter what paper you read as calamitous situation.  

1) Yep, good first season, then shambles under Koeman and Allardyce, but we only bought Williams and Coco, we did not get cover for Baines or Coleman.

2) I, and allot of people thought Koeman and Walsh were smart moves but we were wrong.

3) I blame Walsh and Koeman for going nuts in the transfer market, Moshiri has some blame for not reigning them in, but to be fair, they were the supposed experts who he bought in to manage things.

Moshiri has learnt from his mistakes, cleaned house and bought in a top Director of Football in Brands and exciting manager in Silva. He is progressing with the stadium. What more do you want him to do, wear sack cloth and ashes and crawl over broken glass?

2 hours ago, Bailey said:

Mohsiri is guilty of placing faith in the wrong people, nothing more or nothing less. 

Martinez had to go, saying otherwise means you dont remember how much the players had given up on him.

Our players have given up on everything when times got tough the last 2/3 years.

so I think everyone is blame and time to start looking inwards at ourselves instead of passing the buck to the easiest option. 

3 hours ago, StevO said:

Why does BK get off with it all? They kept telling us he was still the main negotiator in transfers and credited him for getting all of these players over the line. They all even mentioned the chairman in their welcome interviews. It goes south and it’s all the man with the moneys fault, not the man with his cheque book?

Just seems strange to me. But typical Bill, take the plaudits for the positive. Go missing in the negative. 

As a business man you should know Ste the people at the top are always held accountable for big mishaps.  No difference here. Your point about bill bein a bad negotiator isn’t bills fault, it’s farhads for not realizing that and replacing him of those duties.  Pre moshiri bill gets flack and rightfully so but anything post moshiri is on the guy keeping him here.  Moshiri has already changed stuff no reason he can’t get rid of bill or woods or anyone else for that matter.  Money talks.

8 hours ago, StevO said:

Because he negotiated the transfers, he didn’t choose them.

12 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

How could you agree he should’ve kept Martinez on?!

I think he should’ve been given a chance with a proper transfer window backing. It was more the how than the why as I’ve explained before though. 

4 hours ago, Newty82 said:

So you think he's a twat aswell?

Wouldn’t go that far, but I don’t really like the way he’s gone about things for the most part (I’ve mentioned all that several times). 

25 minutes ago, Matt said:

I think he should’ve been given a chance with a proper transfer window backing. It was more the how than the why as I’ve explained before though. 

Wouldn’t go that far, but I don’t really like the way he’s gone about things for the most part (I’ve mentioned all that several times). 

Makes sense that after 2 years of absolute shite the fella has earned the right to spend a load of money... 

Moshiri did what Bill was too scared or too blind to do (what a manager!). The sacking of Martinez was necessary and one of the few things Moshiri has got spot on. 

Just now, Romey 1878 said:

Makes sense that after 2 years of absolute shite the fella has earned the right to spend a load of money... 

Moshiri did what Bill was too scared or too blind to do (what a manager!). The sacking of Martinez was necessary and one of the few things Moshiri has got spot on. 

Like I said, it was more the how he’s gone about things than the why. I would’ve like to have seen Martinez given a chance, but I completely understand why he was let go. 

6 hours ago, Shukes said:

Because he negotiated the transfers, he didn’t choose them.

If he negotiated massive contracts for below par players, I don’t see how no one criticises that. 

Moshiri didn’t choose all these players but he gets stick. 

2 hours ago, StevO said:

If he negotiated massive contracts for below par players, I don’t see how no one criticises that. 

Moshiri didn’t choose all these players but he gets stick. 

I would have thought that going I to negotiate, the team would have worked out what they want to pay and what they will pay. That SHOULD already be worked out before entering the negotiations.

Im not saying he shouldn’t be getting criticised, just that I think your area of target is misplaced.

criticising him because players have mentioned how he has been a deciding factor in them signing for us, shows that he did a good job, not a bad one.

3 hours ago, Shukes said:

I would have thought that going I to negotiate, the team would have worked out what they want to pay and what they will pay. That SHOULD already be worked out before entering the negotiations.

Im not saying he shouldn’t be getting criticised, just that I think your area of target is misplaced.

criticising him because players have mentioned how he has been a deciding factor in them signing for us, shows that he did a good job, not a bad one.

To be clear, I’m not actually criticising him. I’m just curious that he is getting away with all the flack while Moshiri is getting it. 

My comments are based around him normally getting stick for not doing a good job, but he’s not now. Moshiri doesn’t run the club, he isn’t a daily operator, he is just the money. But Bill and the CEO run the club every day. It’s just not like Evertonians to let Bill get away with it. 

Part of the whole deal was that BK would stay on to run the club as Chairman? That's the role of the Chairman, isn'tt it? To see that everything within the company is running properly?

Then you have the CEO.

I don't think ALL blame for any wrong doings should be laid at Moshiris feet.

That's all.

2 minutes ago, Newty82 said:

Part of the whole deal was that BK would stay on to run the club as Chairman? That's the role of the Chairman, isn'ttt it? To see that everything within the company is running properly?

Then you have the CEO.

I don't think ALL blame for any wrong doings should be laid at Moshiris feet.

That's all.

Me too. Elstone has to take some, so does Bill and so does Farhad. 

1 hour ago, patto said:

I think Silva has had a good look and has already made his mind up on who he is keeping.

He's saying we need 6 new players and I think he means all starters if we get the players he wants the team will be unrecognisable from last season.

We seem to be getting linked to all young hungry strong talented players I have every faith in Silva and Brands to bring us into the top 6.

I hope we don't fall in to the same trap as last year and bring in too many at once, and that they don't gel, of course if they do gel them bring it on!

10 hours ago, patto said:

I don't think we will make that mistake again the player's we get this season will have brands and Silva's stamp on them and I expect next year more young talented players in although we might be surprised who may leave.

Same was being said last year by some.

I’m relaxed about this window as there’s only a few days left so there’s little chance for massive change. It’s next summer that will be the big test for the recruitment team. 

1 hour ago, Matt said:

Same was being said last year by some.

I’m relaxed about this window as there’s only a few days left so there’s little chance for massive change. It’s next summer that will be the big test for the recruitment team. 

I really don't think the problem was so many incomings, it was not having the right incomings. If we'd brought in the same amount of players last summer, but not stockpiled number 10s and actually brought players in in the right positions then I think things would have been a lot different.