Sign in to follow this  
Matt

Ademola Lookman

2 hours ago, markjazzbassist said:

LEIPZIG CLOSE ON LOOKMAN

Sky Sources: Everton have agreed a deal in principle with RB Leipzig for the transfer of Ademola Lookman.

The fee is worth up to £22.5m, and the deal likely to go through in the next 24 hours.

More than Gomes 😂😳 well that’s good negotiation. .....if true

6 hours ago, Wiggytop said:

Ryan Frazier from Bournemouth impressed last season, fast, delivers a good cross ( DCL  can put those away ) scores a few and tracks back, send Walcott in the opposite direction.

I think that's a good shout. He was excellent last season. 

Happy for him. He’s not been given a chance, and whilst I think he’s overrated by some and played in the wrong position, I’ll happily let him go. Disappointed with with how we’ve handled the whole thing to be honest. 

I really wanted to see him be successful for us - probably more than any other young player on our roster not named Davies. I still hope he develops into a solid EPL caliber player, as long as it's in another league.

Admittedly, the next game I manage will be my first.  I never saw anything from him that would have kept him off the bench if not the pitch itself. He didn't have a lot of "game-changing" moments when he did play, but I saw a player that was involved, moving and a bit tricky. Especially this last year I saw him being a bit more mature with his tricks (when and where on the pitch), and using his skills to get the ball to teammates, not just to open a space for a shot.

I'm honestly not sure why it didn't work for him here. I can only guess it was something in training or off the field that wasn't good enough. Not speculating he was selfish, aloof or a bad egg, but there had to be "something" beyond a fan's eye that made him expendable to Silva/Brands. 

https://www.fotmob.com/embed/news/6419009-Ademola-Lookman%3A-Everton-Will-Regret-Selling-Talented-Young-Englishman?utm_source=fotmob&utm_medium=api&partner=342902&show-title=true&show-reads-counter=true&show-date=true&show-author=true

Decent read.

I disagree with some of the conclusions; Lookman is disappointed to leave English football, we shouldn't let him go because we need a striker, we overlooked what he did on loan and that we will regret it. He choose RBL over English football (Derby) and is choosing to go back there, clearly that is a place he wants to be. We do need an additional striker, but Lookman is a wing, not an EPL striker - relevance?

I don't know why Silva and/or Brands were so high on him being part of the future last summer and considered him surplus this year. Even though I'm disappointed to see him go, they are making the big bucks full roster management decisions, not me. Clearly there is some logical or reasoning that we are not privy to.

I think we all had high hopes for him sadly it never happened

I'm actually glad he's gone as I do think he had attitude problems but I wish the lad all the best of luck 

19 hours ago, Ghoat said:

https://www.fotmob.com/embed/news/6419009-Ademola-Lookman%3A-Everton-Will-Regret-Selling-Talented-Young-Englishman?utm_source=fotmob&utm_medium=api&partner=342902&show-title=true&show-reads-counter=true&show-date=true&show-author=true

Decent read.

I disagree with some of the conclusions; Lookman is disappointed to leave English football, we shouldn't let him go because we need a striker, we overlooked what he did on loan and that we will regret it. He choose RBL over English football (Derby) and is choosing to go back there, clearly that is a place he wants to be. We do need an additional striker, but Lookman is a wing, not an EPL striker - relevance?

I don't know why Silva and/or Brands were so high on him being part of the future last summer and considered him surplus this year. Even though I'm disappointed to see him go, they are making the big bucks full roster management decisions, not me. Clearly there is some logical or reasoning that we are not privy to.

Dont forget that both Brands and Silva were new to the club last year and probably hadnt seen much of him prior to coming here. The game is filled with players who flash their brilliance but spend 90% of the time being mediocre or worse and dont fancy putting it in on the training ground. Just look at some of the lads we have had... Drenthe, Van der Mayde, McGeady...