IGNORED

Ademola Lookman

He looks very impressive on the ball, but I will say we look to have signed another player without much finishing quality. Hopefully that changes as he grows into the Premier League.

Watched a few videos on him and thought the opposite.

At last a player with end product.

Goals with both feet, assists, crosses and a nice appetite.

Watched a few videos on him and thought the opposite.

At last a player with end product.

Goals with both feet, assists, crosses and a nice appetite.

Must have found some different videos than I did. Saw him take a lot of shots and miss pretty far wide. Great at making space for the shots - very bad at converting them.

At 19 and in a few videos with around ten goals.

Honestly don't think that's bad to be fair. Also a few that come back from shots that are saved or hit the woodwork, and are either converted or missed by team mates.

Fo me that's having the end product. Not sure what your looking for, Aguero doesn't have a 100% success rate, same as messi.

My wife's cousin is a Charlton season ticket holder, spoke with him he said he's not bad at their level can't believe he's gone to a premiership club for that sort of money, he thinks Charlton have had us over his words.

Saw the same mentality before he signed when I was routing around their forums. Maybe someone sees something in him nobody else does.

I think he looks exciting. Two footed, quick and he looks switched on. He might be a bit weak but it hasn't stopped Sterling. From what I have read he is as good on the ball as off it and doing his bit for the team which isn't something you see a lot in players in his position(s).

The money in England is ridiculous. This guy might be good, but I am still in disbelief that Everton signed a guy for £13m who hasn't scored a goal and isn't deemed good enough for the first team squad. £13m!!

You guys probably have said the same, I don't really post and as I have lived my whole life in Scotland am obviously not as well qualified to comment on the English game. But surely the money being thrown about devalues it all a bit. My dad is from west Derby and is Everton mad, which is why I have always followed us. I took great pride in the fact we didn't really spend but at times looked fantastic under Moyes. City started throwing around money but we kept beating them.

The money might be a leveller. Leicester winning the league wasn't the shock it should have been (at least that's the view up here). Anyway, sorry to derail the thread. No Scottish games today and housebound due to torn cruciates! I just wondered if the idea of paying £20m for a recognise flop (Schneiderlin) and £11m for an unproven teenager makes people disenchanted. Suspect not as there is something about following a football team you can't really explain, that just makes you care!

Incodentally, if the Dembele mentioned above is the Celtic one, he isn't that good (at least not yet)

I'd say it's probably like how the united fans felt when they bought Chelsea flop Mata for £40 million. Made up.

Been good for them this season.

At the time I laughed when moyes bought mata. It was like someone who likes to drive 30mph maximum buying a ferrari.

Hmm, homophobia, casual drug use, rampant objectification of women. Need I go on. The "gangsta rap" culture is truly toxic and doesn't belong in the 21st Century.

Anyone who associates themselves with this "lifestyle" needs a long hard look at themselves.

Unless you're trying to imply something else with my comment, which I sincerely hope you are not.

What of those things has he done? Maybe I'm just unaware. But, as far as I can tell, you're upset with his style and are using that to draw all of these conclusions about what kind of human being he is. Toxic masculinity (and the accompanying homophobia and misogyny) is a shitty thing, I agree. But, that can hardly be limited to so-called gangsta rap culture, and it certainly doesn't originate there. My question is why single that out? Why single him out? You seem like you really, really don't like this about him. What has he done to cause this? And, what does this have to do with "gangsta rap culture"?

These are honest questions. And, I'm not fishing here.

I'm also not calling you a racist. Nor am I attempting to expose you as one.

Edited by JoeQuince

In the other thread I've posted numerous extracts from articles where his temperament, off field behaviour and professionalism has been put into question.

The lad is a trouble maker and his ostentatious lifestyle does him no favours. He's another Mario Balotelli in my book.

Alright, man. Well, then call into question his professionalism and temperament and cite the incidents. Using "culture" as an explanatory tool often means lacking nuance. For example, I could come along and say that Brexit happened because of British culture's parochialism and anti-intellectualism. While you may agree with some of the sentiment, you would probably know full well that not everybody voted Brexit for the same exact reasons and that it is more complex than that. You would maybe also take offense to me, an American, calling out British culture for being parochial and anti-intellectual, when it's clear that these are pretty common features throughout the West at this point in time and are by no means the product of "British culture" itself.

Trust me, I'm an anthropologist. Culture is pretty much the only thing I'm qualified to talk about.