IGNORED

Jack Wilshere

1 minute ago, markjazzbassist said:

glad i'm not the only one.  he's a pussy.

yeah poor jack, the pride of england, i don't get the hype either.

One of the best transitional midfielders in the league.  The way he takes the ball on the turn is up there with the best.  One touch... low centre of gravity....

A very good player. Bit of a nob the way he's always fronting players up but you can't argue with his ability... has lots of ability. 

Just now, hafnia said:

One of the best transitional midfielders in the league.  The way he takes the ball on the turn is up there with the best.  One touch... low centre of gravity....

A very good player. Bit of a nob the way he's always fronting players up but you can't argue with his ability... has lots of ability. 

he is a complete knob, napoleon complex to the max the little fucker.  tries to square up to his own dad if he loses in the back yard i bet.  i don't want that bad attitude here, that's not everton being a spoiled prick

3 hours ago, Aidan said:

We need a unit. A fit, fighting, strong, 6ft 4 unit that can be the enforcer of that flimsy midfield we have.

Doucoure, or someone like that. None of this Jack Wiltshire shite he Walcott and half of the rest of our team would be keeping the medical team on overtime.

I actually do agree with you on having a strong CM, but I'd take Wilshere in a heartbeat too, especially on a free.

2 hours ago, markjazzbassist said:

he is a complete knob, napoleon complex to the max the little fucker.  tries to square up to his own dad if he loses in the back yard i bet.  i don't want that bad attitude here, that's not everton being a spoiled prick

I think the issue with players like that tends to disappear when they play for you. 

If only the likes of schneiderlin had that bit of fight eh? 

2 hours ago, markjazzbassist said:

good point morgan can get himself a transfer out of here because he just doesn't fit the club ethos.

Any clubs have a club ethos that encourages players to not give a shit?

Any clubs encourage their players to start laughing when watching us get beaten by atalanta?

Any clubs encourage such players to shrug their shoulders at enraged fans who question whether they care that we get beat?

The same player was invited to walk off the training pitch by unsworth after showing disregard for a drill.... he took up that invite.

...... I don't mind players who are a bit spikey and want to win when you consider all that. 

24 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

Yeah, him being on a free will definitely offset the possibility of him remaining a crock.

It appears he's got China ankles but I honestly think if you factor in the injuries at arsenal them you can maybe take a gamble.  

He's had fatigue fractures and hairline cracks. Makes you wonder about playing too much when he was under developed. 

I think if his physical condition is managed correctly - if it can be them he is a top level midfielder of the ilk we are looking for.

- always looks to take the ball from the defence and plays forward

- incredibly composed on the ball and able to take it in close quarters. 

- can shoot from distance

- great passer

23 minutes ago, hafnia said:

It appears he's got China ankles but I honestly think if you factor in the injuries at arsenal them you can maybe take a gamble.  

He's had fatigue fractures and hairline cracks. Makes you wonder about playing too much when he was under developed. 

I think if his physical condition is managed correctly - if it can be them he is a top level midfielder of the ilk we are looking for.

- always looks to take the ball from the defence and plays forward

- incredibly composed on the ball and able to take it in close quarters. 

- can shoot from distance

- great passer

I'm not arguing his ability or that he'd be a good signing for us if he can stay fit. But an £8m signing-on fee, and then being one of our top earners, represents a lot more than a gamble.

21 minutes ago, markjazzbassist said:

Paul he is nowhere close to Walcott in ability and 5 times more injured than Walcott has been.  Terrible comparison.

Completely different players - Walcott is explosive. You’re right though - purely based on footballing ability e.g passing, control, vision, creativity, intelligence and what they do with the ball - they are miles apart. Wilshere is a much better footballer.

If Wilshere didn’t have his injury problems then we wouldn’t even be mentioned - it’d be Man C, Barca, Real.

Regardless, I think this is nothing more than his agent touting him about to force Arsenal’s hand.

1 hour ago, markjazzbassist said:

Paul he is nowhere close to Walcott in ability and 5 times more injured than Walcott has been.  Terrible comparison.

hes Gibson and McCarthy replacement on the physio table.  No thanks.

You serious??? Wilshere operates on a technical level that is not in the remit of your general English footballer.  He doesn't take more than a touch or two every time gets the ball.... he's a proper footballer. 

Walcott is a brilliant speedster and a decent player but ffs you can't even compare the two. Wilshere is a pure footballer. 

1 hour ago, markjazzbassist said:

hes Gibson and McCarthy replacement on the physio table.  No thanks.

Ability wise he is a mile above Walcott mate.

I dthink br think Arsenal will even let him go, they can’t afford to lose that type of quality. One of their better players.

2 minutes ago, Shukes said:

Ability wise he is a mile above Walcott mate.

I dthink br think Arsenal will even let him go, they can’t afford to lose that type of quality. One of their better players.

He doesn't want to leave but Arsenal only want him if he signs a contract based more on play and pay, can we really afford to take the risk on player who it constantly injured.

It would seem even Arsenal have had enough of paying someone to stay at home most Saturday's and lay on the physio's bench during the week, for me to much of a risk but still a good player when fit.

He played 27 last season and has played 31 in all comps so far this season. Yes he’s had a bad run with injuries in his short career so far but maybe that’s behind him and his best years are yet to come. £8m sign-on and say £100k a week seems ridiculous but sadly it’s a drop in the ocean with the billions you see in this league nowadays. Based on 3 seasons we’d be looking at a £24m outlay - 3 decent seasons and we’d recoup that easily. 3 shite seasons... well we’ve spent more on worse recently!

3 hours ago, TallPaul1878 said:

I've come to the conclusion that many football fans wouldn't know a good player if he came up and booted a ball in their face ;-)

Complaints about Wilshere's attitude. We've got far too many "nice guys" in the squad and that's part of the problem. It's the reason McCarthy broke his leg, nice boy Morgan didn't have the temperament to bust a gut and make a challenge so McCarthy had to make a last ditch desperate attempt and paid the price.

Not his attitude. His mentality. He's one of the weakest players in the league. Only difference between him and schneiderlein would be Wilshire would've hit the deck and blamed his boots. He's got no fight and shirks responsibility. 

The English bias is so strong.  Because he can thread some passes he’s now xavi and Real Madrid and Barca could be calling:  laughable, he was at Bournemouth last campaign. That’s his level.  Notice we are linked, 10th place Everton.  Not Peps city who should want the English pirlo, no Everton who play punt and run.  Thanks for the laughs guys.

Just now, markjazzbassist said:

The English bias is so strong.  Because he can thread some passes he’s now xavi and Real Madrid and Barca could be calling:  laughable, he was at Bournemouth last campaign. That’s his level.  Notice we are linked, 10th place Everton.  Not Peps city who should want the English pirlo, no Everton who play punt and run.  Thanks for the laughs guys.

No, people who rate him are saying he would have been talked of at a much higher level had it not been for the injuries that have halted his incredible potential early in his career. He went to Bornemouth on the back of hardly playing for over 2 years - I personally respect that decision as it would have been easier for him to sit on the bench for Arsenal. He’s obviously not going to attract the very top teams now but to think a fully fit Wilshere wouldn’t improve Everton suggests you haven’t seen us play much in the past couple of years.

24 minutes ago, markjazzbassist said:

No Bias, just recognise that he is a gifted player when fit. And you may rate Everton as a punt and run, but I think we are much more than that and want to see us being linked with players like this.

Watch him a few times and you will see he is a box to box player who is always looking to receive a ball and play forward. 

On 17/03/2018 at 14:13, markjazzbassist said:

Talking shit.  English bias?  The top level footballing talented midfielders like scholes, Carrick, le tissier, hoddle won a fraction of the England caps that they would have won if we had managers who harnessed that talent rather than playing the likes of Henderson, Steve stones, Terry fenwick, ince, ahead of them.

The likes of zidane and xavi laughed their tits off that paul scholes retired from England when he would have been first name on their respective countries  team sheets. 

No one is saying wilshere is xavi.... what we are saying is that an injury free wilshere is a superb footballer who pisses on anything we have in terms of pure football ability and brain. 

2 hours ago, hafnia said:

Talking shit.  English bias?  The top level footballing talented midfielders like scholes, Carrick, le tissier, hoddle won a fraction of the England caps that they would have won if we had managers who harnessed that talent rather than playing the likes of Henderson, Steve stones, Terry fenwick, ince, ahead of them.

The likes of zidane and xavi laughed their tits off that paul scholes retired from England when he would have been first name on their respective countries  team sheets. 

No one is saying wilshere is xavi.... what we are saying is that an injury free wilshere is a superb footballer who pisses on anything we have in terms of pure football ability and brain. 

an injury free wilshere doesn't exist, so that "good footballer" doesn't exist.   we spunked on junk this summer, i want healthy players of quality who can play a whole campagin.  we already have mccarthy the injury prone CM, don't need another.