IGNORED

Jack Wilshere

2 hours ago, markjazzbassist said:

an injury free wilshere doesn't exist, so that "good footballer" doesn't exist.   we spunked on junk this summer, i want healthy players of quality who can play a whole campagin.  we already have mccarthy the injury prone CM, don't need another.

Wilshere has a better injury record than Walcott. But you are happy with Walcott. 

Yeah.... I recall you being annoyed at McCarthy and his injury proneness being the reason he broke his leg. 

10 minutes ago, Aidan said:

I'm sure 99% of sane football fans would choose Theo over Wiltshire.

Wilshere is a centre midfielder . .  Theo is a right winger so i don't think it's a comparitive choice.

Whatever you think of wilshere he has a highly regarded fan base of ex pros who believe he is a tremendous footballer. 

6 minutes ago, hafnia said:

Wilshere is a centre midfielder . .  Theo is a right winger so i don't think it's a comparitive choice.

Whatever you think of wilshere he has a highly regarded fan base of ex pros who believe he is a tremendous footballer. 

But in a completely hypothetical world, if there was a choice it would be Walcott. 

Plus just looking on games played, since Wiltshire started at Arsenal Walcott has made many more appearances than him, so I'm not sure what you mean by Wiltshire having a better injury record.

IMO Wiltshire is a YouTube Superstar, whilst Theo has consistently proven he is a great player in this league. 

6 minutes ago, Bill said:

When fit, which is not very often.

The whole point of this is that he has come through injuries..... hopefully has learned how to manage himself. He had a good spell of games with Bournemouth and of recent his games for arsenal have shown him to be getting back the quality he had.

Lots of young players can suffer injuries early on and get a good spell. Look at Gerrard, giggs.  £8m signing fee.....  bargain if we get him at that. 

2 minutes ago, Aidan said:

But in a completely hypothetical world, if there was a choice it would be Walcott. 

Plus just looking on games played, since Wiltshire started at Arsenal Walcott has made many more appearances than him, so I'm not sure what you mean by Wiltshire having a better injury record.

IMO Wiltshire is a YouTube Superstar, whilst Theo has consistently proven he is a great player in this league. 

It's wilshere... but no I do not see where you are going at all. 

Wilshere when fit played the majority of games for arsenal in the centre. Theo Walcott has had similar injury issues over a longer period of time and spent time not nailing down a steady role.

I'm made up we got Walcott but it bemuses me how someone is ok to have Walcott at £20m yet scoffs at getting wilshere for £8m. 

1 hour ago, hafnia said:

It's wilshere... but no I do not see where you are going at all. 

Wilshere when fit played the majority of games for arsenal in the centre. Theo Walcott has had similar injury issues over a longer period of time and spent time not nailing down a steady role.

I'm made up we got Walcott but it bemuses me how someone is ok to have Walcott at £20m yet scoffs at getting wilshere for £8m. 

Waste of transfer money and waste of wages.

Walcott was a bargain at £20m due to the inflated market - superb goals and assists combined, proven talent if not always fit. 

Wiltshire is a Gibson mk2 waiting to rot somewhere for the rest of his career - and now I've said that he is bound to sign and become a superstar! 

Guys Wilshire is a class act ability wise. I’m guessing most of you have only watched highlights etc... and I do t mean that disrespectfully, as he plays for another team.

I watch Arsenal quite a bit due to my son, and when he is on the pitch, he is the player that everything happens around. He controls their whole team.

I have no idea if he is over his injuries or not, but if he is, then we can’t turn players like that down. He would be better than anything we have.

The comments about Gibson mk2 are good  insults,  but just insults. He is a world away in ability from Gibson. He is a hundred times the player that Gibson was at his best.

The only question is his injury record.

Some players are good enough to take on despite a poor injury record.  Gibson wasn't, wilshere is.

Gibson wasn't arsed about his career and he isnt a patch on jack. Wilshere has been foolish as a young lad but I believe he has a desire to prove himself and reach levels that his potential promised. 

This kid ran the midfield against the best Barca team in years.... says a lot.

Imo that's a sensible move for Arsenal, they obviously still have reservations about his injury record and don't want to pay him huge sums while lying in the medical room.

I,d go one further than that, offer a pay if you play contract, as it should be for all well known sicknotes.

1 hour ago, Bill said:

Imo that's a sensible move for Arsenal, they obviously still have reservations about his injury record and don't want to pay him huge sums while lying in the medical room.

I,d go one further than that, offer a pay if you play contract, as it should be for all well known sicknotes.

I imagine that would knock us out of the running straight away because the other clubs probably won't.

1 hour ago, markjazzbassist said:

can't be john, worldie that's going to bring the treble to liverpool haven't you heard?  @Aidan mate, feels good to be right doesn't it :D

MJB no one is right on him based on injuries.  Who knows what the future holds?

Giggs used to suffer injuries all the time in his early years but managed to find a way to balance himself with yoga. 

The fact remains is that he is a quality footballer who would add quality to our team.