IGNORED

Boxing

I'm gutted he never made the weight, that would have been one massive fight, there was talk there that since the press conference yesterday, the pay-per-view subscriptions went through the roof! I think if Cleverly retains the belt, there will be a fight between them both sooner rather than later.

• 5 weeks later...

I am not mad for boxing usually. I like it but not daft about it. However this fight is one I am excited about. To be honest I can't wait.

The Klitchko brothers were never going to fight each other so the whole scene was getting boring. I really want to see David Haye stir things up and hopefully take the belts.

• 11 months later...
  • 4 years later...

When you are on the undercard to Eubank Jr it shows how far you have fallen down the pecking order.

To be fair it's ITV's first venture into PPV boxing so it will take time to draw in decent cards etc

I'm glad they are having a go of it anything that can potentially take away from the likes of Sky and Hearn is good in my book

Hammer will likely beat Price, for all the power he has in that right hand his chin and mentality are both weak

My mates actually on ITV4 on the 21st in a long awaited rematch against Jack Arnfield for the WBA international middleweight title, mate was absolutely robbed blind in Prize fighter

https://youtu.be/YXX1BF9W8cc

Edited by EFC-Paul

Eubank jnr is an above average boxer, sadly his demeanour is similar to his dads, which was all pantomime pillock but backed up with genuine class. Sadly for jnr theres no Nigel Benn about for each to chase after the other and puton legendary british boxing nights.

jnr should be styled on Hearns (rangey, speed and wicked uppercuts)

as for Price, how many last chance saloons are there?

You have to respect how good of a boxer Eubank Jr is though. Unbelievable power and as dedicated as they come. Losing to BJ Saunders was the best thing that could have happened to his career.

Both him and his dad need to shut their mouths though and just get on with the boxing.

Am I alone in wanting Klitschko to beat Joshua? :leggit:

Don't take that as a "I don't like Joshua" because he is a very very good fighter, its just....he's the good guy you want the bad guy to beat. Cant wait for Fury to return and set the fight up for him vs Joshua.

You have to respect how good of a boxer Eubank Jr is though. Unbelievable power and as dedicated as they come. Losing to BJ Saunders was the best thing that could have happened to his career.

Both him and his dad need to shut their mouths though and just get on with the boxing.

Yep. Definitely. I like his style. He's got the real athletic look. Just a shame his Dad got involved as soon as he started tasting some success.

Don't take that as a "I don't like Joshua" because he is a very very good fighter, its just....he's the good guy you want the bad guy to beat. Cant wait for Fury to return and set the fight up for him vs Joshua.

I want klitschko to give him a tough fight. But not win! I really want to see AJ tested.

The best I seen Klitschko fight was against Haye. He needs that sort of performance.

But I just can't see AJ losing this. Different era.

Yeh I think you are. I can't wait for Joshua to knock them both out!

Joshua will beat Klitschko it won't be a walk in the park (points) but he's knocking on now and way past his best

In his prime I'd back Klitschko all day, I think due to his long reign and lack of decent fighter's for a long period people forget how good he is/was

Haye will annihilate Bellew as much as I want him to win Haye is to fast accurate and powerful, Adonis Stevenson turned him into Trebors Mr Soft and Haye hits a damn sight harder

Looking forward to the Crolla rematch and pending a date the Golovkin Jacob's fight

Haye or Bellew then ladies and gents?

Haye for me, as soon as he lands his first proper punch Bellew will be on his arse looking at the stars.

Haye. No doubt about it. Too fast. Too powerful. Even with ring rust he beats Bellew. Bellew has been knocked to the canvas several times by lesser opponents.

Bellew has never been able to match his mouth in the ring. He looks slow and predictable. Tried so hard to like him...but no, I don't rate him.

Haye. No doubt about it. Too fast. Too powerful. Even with ring rust he beats Bellew. Bellew has been knocked to the canvas several times by lesser opponents.

Bellew has never been able to match his mouth in the ring. He looks slow and predictable. Tried so hard to like him...but no, I don't rate him.

He can bang though but a punchers chance is all he has.

I like Bellew because he has made a good living through pure hard work. He is a bang average boxer with a good head on him and a loud mouth and he has not only made a career but put himself in the history books.