IGNORED

G'day and a few questions about living in liverpool

brisbaneblue

G'day guys, been on here for a while now but haven't properly introduced myself as of yet. I'm Dan and I'm from Brisbane, Australia. I work in software engineering, specifically data analysis. I like crunching numbers and working with my own spreadsheets so you'll probably see me on here quoting a lot of stats.

I'm currently thinking about moving to Liverpool for 6-12 months (or possibly longer) from around June this year, and becoming an Everton season member if possible. I stayed there this time last year and went to a few games at Goodison so I think I have a reasonable understanding of the place but have a few specific questions if any Liverpudlians can help:

1. Do season memberships sell out (quickly)? I read this statement in one of the clubs recent press releases "Non-Season Ticket holders will have the opportunity to register their interest online from 16 January. Applications will be processed on a first-come-first-served basis following the Guarantee Your Seat deadline on 6 April, with Foreverton members who register an interest taking priority." Does this mean that I need to pay for the Foreverton membership first and then apply for a season membership on Jan 16th, and then if approved pay for it after the 6th of April?

2. How does stub hub work with selling tickets for games you can't make? Do you have to sell the ticket for the average ticket price (i.e. to ensure you can't make a profit on your ticket)?

3. I see that a new ticket category has opened up for fans aged 22 to 24 which I would fall under. If I get this category of membership, and say I had to return to Australia before the end of the season am I able to individually resell the tickets for each remaining game of the season via stub hub? and would I have to sell it to someone else also in that age category?

4. Best/cheapest/safest suburbs or towns to live in? I like places with good pubs and decent food options.

5. Any other advice for living in Liverpool?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Cheers mates!

Hi mate, you will get a season ticket for next season no problem, but you're best applying as soon as they come out, that way you'll get the best seats available.

For a first time ST I'd recommend the main stand or Upper Bullens as long as they aren't obstructedvisws.

You can put the ticket on stub hub but there's no guarantee it'll sell. You can sell it as many times as you like and you can ask as much or as little you want for it. Once it's sold the club issue an actual match ticket to the buyer so you don't have to send your season ticket in. The person buying it can pay an upgrade fee to make it into a full adult ticket

With regards to where to stay, a young lad on the lash, it has to be in the City Centre. You'd be surprisedhow reasonable a 1 bed flat rental is in the city centre if you look carefully enough

Edited by Paddock

Hi mate, you will get a season ticket for next season no problem, but you're best applying as soon as they come out, that way you'll get the best seats available.

For a first time ST I'd recommend the main stand or Upper Bullens as long as they aren't obstructedvisws.

You can put the ticket on stub hub but there's no guarantee it'll sell. You can sell it as many times as you like.

With regards to where to stay, a young lad on the lash, it has to be in the City Centre. You'd be surprisedhow reasonable a 1 bed flat rental is in the city centre if you look carefully enough

Cheers mate you're a legend.

It seems like a fair few home games this season have sold out, do you think it's likely that I'd be able to resell a ticket for game if I miss one? what's the most popular websites to use to look for accommodation in the UK? and for job hunting as well I guess?

Cheers mate you're a legend.

It seems like a fair few home games this season have sold out, do you think it's likely that I'd be able to resell a ticket for game if I miss one? what's the most popular websites to use to look for accommodation in the UK? and for job hunting as well I guess?

Zoopla is good for accomodation.

You'll sell the big game tickets no problemand IF we're flying and winning week in week out you'll sell all of them. If we're still shite you'll struggle to sell the"lesser" games tbh.

Zoopla is good for accomodation.

You'll sell the big game tickets no problemand IF we're flying and winning week in week out you'll sell all of them. If we're still shite you'll struggle to sell the"lesser" games tbh.

Ok thanks again!

Here's hoping Koeman signs some decent players for next season then..

My son and grandson are season ticket holders and live in Nottingham. If they can't make a game they use stub-hub to sell and say they have never had a problem. I think they sell at face value or just below as they don't want to make a profit.

When I lived in Liverpool the Luftwaffe were dropping bombs every night but I think its stopped now. :D

Edited by johnh

My son and grandson are season ticket holders and live in Nottingham. If they can't make a game they use stub-hub to sell and say they have never had a problem. I think they sell at face value or just below as they don't want to make a profit.

Ok great thanks for that information. How do they get to Goodison? by train? petrol is bloody expensive

You can get 1 bed appartments in the city centre for under £500 a month, it'll be new and smack bang in the middle if town that's alls you'll need

Bloody good price that; wish I lived up there. Temporarily living in Bath at the moment and I looked in a letting agency window today coincidentally, £1000 pm for a rabbit hutch (I exaggerate but you get the idea)!

Bloody good price that; wish I lived up there. Temporarily living in Bath at the moment and I looked in a letting agency window today coincidentally, £1000 pm for a rabbit hutch (I exaggerate but you get the idea)!

There's student accomodation absolutely everywhere mate that's why it's cheap-ish here.

for £500 p/m you could probably get a 2/3 bedroom new build!

Be pointless paying to heat and electric it though if he's on his own. Young lad is going to want to be right in the heart beat I would imagine. He'll know himself better but if he doesn't need the room better he pay for location, nice trendy appartment in town to impress the ladies.

Be pointless paying to heat and electric it though if he's on his own. Young lad is going to want to be right in the heart beat I would imagine. He'll know himself better but if he doesn't need the room better he pay for location, nice trendy appartment in town to impress the ladies.

haha you do sound like you know me mate.

not trying to mock the brits but bloody hell I reckon i'm spoilt coming from Australia - the rent is cheaper, the wages are higher and the weather is better. Going to have to get used to not having all that for a while

not trying to mock the brits but bloody hell I reckon i'm spoilt coming from Australia - the rent is cheaper, the wages are higher and the weather is better. Going to have to get used to not having all that for a while

Cost of living is a lot higher in Oz though.

Mate, I was young free and single myself a long, long, long

Long time ago ??

I had a red 3 litre Capri and I thought Inwas fucking gorgeous in it.

• 3 weeks later...

And every living breathing thing wants to eat, bite or sting you to death and dance on yer bones :rofl:

I had a red 3 litre Capri and I thought Inwas fucking gorgeous in it.

Mine was black and had a small block chevy motor squeezed in.... like poo off a greasy shovel, mind you the bloody death trap was a bag of sh1t in every other respect. :crying:

I bought my (new) Capri in 1970. Electric blue metallic. I had had it for less than a year when going to work one frosty morning I was stationary in a line of traffic when a car coming in the opposite direction hit some ice, skidded into a brick wall, bounced off across the road and hit me head on. Marginal write-off but they decided to repair. Ford went on strike for 6 months and the Dealer couldn't get parts. Finally got it back 9 months after the accident and got rid of it straight away. One slight panic was when I found out that the other driver had emigrated to Australia! Fortunately, his father was a local police inspector so the insurance went through OK.

It was a bit of luck actually because I replaced it with a big heavy Austin 1800 and a few months later, I was driving up the M1 to Leeds and knocking on a bit because of delays, when a car came across the central reservation from the southbound carriageway (no crash barriers in those days). I didn't even have time to hit the brakes before I hit him. The other car was a Maxi, so I had a weight advantage. I went straight through him, the engine and front wheels went one way and the rest of his car the other way and I kept going. Write-off, obviously, but if I'd been in the Capri I wouldn't be here.

They are the only two crashes I have ever had and happened with the year.

Edited by johnh