IGNORED

Stoke City (Away) Wednesday February 1st

markjazzbassist

Stoke just had a decent result at home 1-1 to United. They will be expecting more of the same. Arnotauvic is good but other than that I'm not scared of anyone else they have. With butland out I think we need to attack the hell out of that backup keeper (grant?). Same 11 for me

Robles

Holgate Williams mori

Coleman Davies Barry Baines

Mirallas Barkley

Lukaku

Edited by markjazzbassist

Guest rusty747

Every game is a test now. And that's a good thing as it finally means we are getting somewhere and have something to build on and something, realistically, to target and believe in. I would take a draw and a good performance at Stoke but I think we can get another 0-1 away win - and that's the difference between Europe or missing out.

Belief slowly returning. Keep it going lads.

Edited by rusty747

Guest rusty747

A win would put us 11 points ahead of Stoke, WBA go to Middlesborough and West Ham play City so a win could potentially put some good distance between us and the teams below.

All true but I am now looking at the teams above us.

Agreed but I think we can catch Man U and Man C are having a serious wobble so I wouldn't rule out 5th yet.

Agree, hopefully we can but a bit of breathing space doesnt hurt.

The gap between our last game and this worries me, it might break the great momentum we've got going at the moment, don't get me wrong it will be great for the players to have a short break after a hectic winter period.

I think it could help tbh, refocus and recharge. Give Schneiderlin time to get fit too. Hopefully Koeman can keep the momentum going.

Agree, hopefully we can but a bit of breathing space doesnt hurt.

I think it could help tbh, refocus and recharge. Give Schneiderlin time to get fit too. Hopefully Koeman can keep the momentum going.

He is fit, just not "match fit" as the saying goes, he's been training every day with united then us

Off topic like but funny as fuck Liverpool flying Mane back via private jet desperate to get him back in the side.

yeah I thought the same thing. they are a joke ran by a guy who is so out of his depth. their sporting director is also out of his depth, some of their signings have been real downers (klavan, kairus, etc)

Funny the money they have spent on players yet they are desperate to get a player back like that. As well as he's been playing he's no Messi yet they've chartered a private jet to have him back earlier.

600 million and they are struggling without one player.

They are playing Chelsea so it's a massive game for them and if we were in the same position I would hope that we would do the same thing.

They are playing Chelsea so it's a massive game for them and if we were in the same position I would hope that we would do the same thing.

The money they have spent they shouldn't to fly a player back who has just played 120 minutes and pens in searing heat who's probably lost half a stone in weight get him back this afternoon and throw him in tonight.

Do you think that's a sensible thing to do with one of your best players? I wouldn't be happy if we done it with Gana. They should be able to put a team out without risking him after spending all that money is my point.

The money they have spent they shouldn't to fly a player back who has just played 120 minutes and pens in searing heat who's probably lost half a stone in weight get him back this afternoon and throw him in tonight.

Do you think that's a sensible thing to do with one of your best players? I wouldn't be happy if we done it with Gana. They should be able to put a team out without risking him after spending all that money is my point.

If it was Lukaku and we were playing a game that might just get us back in the title race we would do the same thing.

I don't know if you have realised but Mane is African and he isn't a fat ginger lad who burns when he steps into sunlight. For players like Mane and Gana that is a real game of football and they are built for it.

Money spent is also irrelevant because he is their best player and very important to how they play. Arsenal would do the same with Sanchez for example.

Anyway he missed his flight and probably won't have enough recovery time now.