IGNORED

Stoke City (Away) Wednesday February 1st

markjazzbassist

If it was Lukaku and we were playing a game that might just get us back in the title race we would do the same thing.

I don't know if you have realised but Mane is African and he isn't a fat ginger lad who burns when he steps into sunlight. For players like Mane and Gana that is a real game of football and they are built for it.

Money spent is also irrelevant because he is their best player and very important to how they play. Arsenal would do the same with Sanchez for example.

Anyway he missed his flight and probably won't have enough recovery time now.

Thanks for clearing up who he is for me Baily, I thought he was some blonde kid who was from Germany ?

He's used to playing here he will of lost weight and a lot of bodily fluids in that heat. And if we'd spent upwards of 500 million I would be extremely pissed off if we had to fly a good player who nowhere near world class back early and risk playing him.

Thanks for clearing up who he is for me Baily, I thought he was some blonde kid who was from Germany

Glad I could help ?

I would definitely be wanting him back ASAP to give him a chance of playing. Whether he can or not is different but it's madness to not try with such a big game coming.

Unlike the redshite,we aren't desperate to rush one of out players back into the team.

Seems like Gana won't be ready to play. Which is fair enough, bloke needs to get back into the English weather and timezone. Plus we shouldn't want to change the team!

Currently not, but we've done it many, many times before....

Quickly back to convo on European football - we need Man U to win EFL Cup correct? Assuming of course Southampton don't finish above us in the table.

Should United win it and finish in a European spot then yes it goes to the next league spot, same with the FA cup, doesn't go to the runner up anymore. so we need a Chelsea, Spurs, Arsenal, United to win the FA cup too, that way 6th and 7th is Europa League.

The team are playing well particularly the midfield the sum of their parts is working as a whole, so why would anyone feel the need to change it, as individuals Gana and Schneiderlin maybe better but the lads who have the positions at the moment have earned them, for me at best Gana and Schneiderlin on the bench until injuries or bad results dictate a change.

Keep it the same for Stoke the players will respect that whether there playing or not and hopefully we can keep the good run going.

Guest rusty747

Got three computer monitors at my desk, sometimes one is used for games while I work. B)

The team are playing well particularly the midfield the sum of their parts is working as a whole, so why would anyone feel the need to change it, as individuals Gana and Schneiderlin maybe better but the lads who have the positions at the moment have earned them, for me at best Gana and Schneiderlin on the bench until injuries or bad results dictate a change.

Keep it the same for Stoke the players will respect that whether there playing or not and hopefully we can keep the good run going.

In many ways I have to agree with you. But Stoke are a diffetent challenge to Crystal Palace so the question is, do we change our starting eleven for the different opposition or are we so confident that we can leave it unchanged. Stoke aren't as physical as they were under Pulis but they can still mix it and I would worry that Davies would either get injured or sent off. Might be a case for starting Barry and Schneiderlin? Edited by rusty747

In many ways I have to agree with you. But Stoke are a diffetent challenge to Crystal Palace so the question is, do we change our starting eleven for the different opposition or are we so confident that we can leave it unchanged. Stoke aren't as physical as they were under Pulis but they can still mix it and I would worry that Davies would either get injured or sent off. Might be a case for starting Barry and Schneiderlin?

Tactically that is a good point, but wouldn't it be nice to say this is us you know how we play were good enough to beat you as we are you don't worry us, give em the dogs of war mentality, and let em have it.

Guest rusty747

Tactically that is a good point, but wouldn't it be nice to say this is us you know how we play were good enough to beat you as we are you don't worry us, give em the dogs of war mentality, and let em have it.

Agreed. And that seems to be exactly what Ronald has done. And it also shows just how highly he thinks of Davies.

I have to say it is a very positive selection and I do like it.

I just hope it works.

It's on one of the Premier League Extra Time channels. If you've got NBC Sports, you have them in the high numbers on your cable box or you can get it right on the NBC Sports website.

Yeah, I can get all channels through my 'magic' box! I guess I just have to flick through all the NBC PL channels and find it!!!

It's on one of the Premier League Extra Time channels. If you've got NBC Sports, you have them in the high numbers on your cable box or you can get it right on the NBC Sports website.

Yeah it's on NBC Extra time - website only or phone/tablet sadly. Of course I am going to plug the laptop into the TV lol