IGNORED

Another Beer Thread

rubecula

start with Abita or Sweetwater (NOLA and Atlanta respectively). Try an amber lager, Try a Pale Ale, Try a Pilsner. If you like the Pale Ale you can try dabbling with IPA or Extra Pale Ales. If you like the Pilsner try more Pils or "light" beers. If you like the Amber dabble in other lagers and give a stout or porter a shot (darker beers).

That should get you started.

As far a Coors Banquet its a solid cheap beer. My cheap beer of choice is Miller High Life, the champagne of beers (lol I've always loved that tag line). I appreciate the cheap ones just as much as the expensive ones.

Peter - my brother does small batch brews too, jalapeno IPA, etc weird stuff. he loves beer.

Bet that would go great with some pork scratchings.

Fellow Coors fan here, although I prefer Peroni, or my work lunch pint Moravka Pilsner.

I try to have the less flavoursome beers, Guinness aside. I'm not into the hops being stronger than the drink like most breweries seem to be focusing on atm, and would say the best starter is Punk IPA.

Punk IPA (By Brew dog) is one of my faves to. They have another called Elvis Juice thats fantastic.

start with Abita or Sweetwater (NOLA and Atlanta respectively). Try an amber lager, Try a Pale Ale, Try a Pilsner. If you like the Pale Ale you can try dabbling with IPA or Extra Pale Ales. If you like the Pilsner try more Pils or "light" beers. If you like the Amber dabble in other lagers and give a stout or porter a shot (darker beers).

That should get you started.

As far a Coors Banquet its a solid cheap beer. My cheap beer of choice is Miller High Life, the champagne of beers (lol I've always loved that tag line). I appreciate the cheap ones just as much as the expensive ones.

Peter - my brother does small batch brews too, jalapeno IPA, etc weird stuff. he loves beer.

I have not tried to add things like peppers or fruits. I like my beer as it should be. Malts, hops, water, perhaps other grains like Wheat, Barley. Ive used a chocolate malt a few times, and corn. Which is cool. My IPA has Oats in it.

Desperados are great, beer with tequila :beer:

Awful, awful stuff.

Stella Artois all the way for me. I lke Perroni also but we went to Rome the other week and they had it on draft everywhere and it was awful there for some strange reason??

A friend of mine knows a guy, who knows a guy that works for AB-INBEV and he says that the closer you go to the actual place where they brew a certain beer, the worse the quality. People tend to favour a locally brewed beer regardless of quality (because of pride or whatever) ... the best batches get exported to other countries where people need to be convinced by the taste to buy an unknown beer..

So the Stella you're drinking, is better than the one I am. Cheers.

A friend of mine knows a guy, who knows a guy that works for AB-INBEV and he says that the closer you go to the actual place where they brew a certain beer, the worse the quality. People tend to favour a locally brewed beer regardless of quality (because of pride or whatever) ... the best batches get exported to other countries where people need to be convinced by the taste to buy an unknown beer..

You know one closer than that now... ;) We work directly with Ab InBev.

Edited by Lowensda

ha, you would appreciate this. The "pro-America" folks who only drink Budweiser because it's American don't realize they're owned by Belgians :) Ignorant americans ;)

The Czech equivalent, Budweiser Budvar is much nicer as well. The dark variations are awesome.

Edited by Lowensda

Interesting, didn't know that.

Budvar is far superior from memory, but I haven't drank lager for a while now

yeah honestly Budweiser is a super shitty company. they buy up microbreweries and strong arm other ones with lawsuits and then flood the market with those labels acting like they are a microbrewery but they are just owned by bud. they've even created fake micro breweries (shock top, blue moon, etc) to make it look like those are small batch beers when they are just shitty bud beers.

thankfully though they are losing a ton of market share as people enjoying drinking their local breweries and the big ones are losing money everyday.

yeah honestly Budweiser is a super shitty company. they buy up microbreweries and strong arm other ones with lawsuits and then flood the market with those labels acting like they are a microbrewery but they are just owned by bud. they've even created fake micro breweries (shock top, blue moon, etc) to make it look like those are small batch beers when they are just shitty bud beers.

thankfully though they are losing a ton of market share as people enjoying drinking their local breweries and the big ones are losing money everyday.

Hey now! I like some Blue Moon.

The Perroni was flat and lifeless it was grim.

Atella is my drink of choice and unlike most I can drink it and it doesn't send me loopy or aggressive.

Whiskey on the other hand and I'm fighting lampoats on my way home which is why I never touch it anymore.