IGNORED

Wayne Rooney

Guest rusty747

I'm still not convinced. I can maybe see the commercial angle but in pure footballing terms Rooney wont offer anything that we either dont already have or could buy better, younger.

Edited by rusty747

Id have him at Everton in a heart beat. Id play him from start as well. (Barkleys position) Barkley is able to play on more positions.

Imagine Rooneys passing to Lukaku. Imagine Rooneys scoring ability over Barkley. Its 1-2 years. Im sure Barkley would learn a hell of a lot from Rooney.

Get him in and get rid of Mirallas. Too inconsistent, might bring in a few bob to cover Rooneys wages.

Guest rusty747

How would Rooney feel if he wasn't a regular starter? I am sure he wouldn't be a trouble maker but might he demand assurances before signing that he would start if fit.

I think we need to be very careful how we handle this. I am still not in favour but if he comes back he comes as another addition to the squad and no more.

I would think if he came to Everton he would play most games. Not in an England, squeeze him into the team, kind of way. But because if his alround ability. If we play with a front three he is more than capable of playing in one of those positions and hurting the opposition. I'm not going to say he will take such a players position, because I don't believe we have a fixed team or formation should we progress where the club want to. We need players fighting to get that shirt, Wayne would fight for the shirt I believe.

The romantic in me would quite like to see Rooney holding a number 9 shirt, he would know exactly what that means.

Edited by StevO

Saw it different.

Saw a player dictating play. Not doing anything fancy but moving the ball around with absolute ease. Passing range was good and created chances.

Not sure what else a team that are seventh are looking for,... maybe Messi and Robaldo combined?

But it's all just perspective.

Thought it was Ibra and Pogba that really let them down today.

Edited by Shukes

Saw it different.

Saw a player dictating play. Not doing anything fancy but moving the ball around with absolute ease. Passing range was good and created chances.

Not sure what else a team that are seventh are looking for,... maybe Messi and Robaldo combined?

im not the only one then.

Saw it different.

Don't get me wrong he wasn't all bad. His movement was good and he picked up nice areas of space but he didn't threaten Bournemouth and when they didn't quicker more intricate player he was slow and sloppy.

Like Romey says for the amount it would cost us would we really see the benefit?

Exactly what I was thinking watching it...

Saw it different.

Erm, if he can shift two stone whilst having a 2 month holiday from playing for Utd, retire from england 'duty', have the summer off then sign for free then it's a strong maybe.

He's out of shape, he's played a hell of a lot of games, hasn't looked after himself, and we struggle to cope when sides isolate Barry's lack of mobility. Squeezing another player that is a yard off the pace into our side sounds like suicide to me.

A sustained break whilst keeping the kebab weight off plus restricting other on field exposure might give him a couple more years and allow him to recover some life in his legs. I'm not holding my breath for any of that let alone the lot.

Although it'd be rather a feat to get him for nothing for 12 months then sell for a huge fee to the Chinese league.

• 3 weeks later...
Ok no fee and 150k a week, I say no but if Koeman wants him and can use him and he can contribute I could be convinced. Still think 150 is too much, maybe 125 and put rom on 150. Edited by markjazzbassist

For me no transfer fee means this is a bit of a no-brainer. Any player of his quality would want at least 100k anyways plus transfer fee. A bigger stumbling block I feel could how long a contract he wants, because something like four years would be too long.

Something like that would be good. I'm basing my opinion on the wish that he's maybe a bit fed up at United, having won everything he can there and maybe changing to his boyhood club could motivate him and he'd have an indian summer. Let's not forget that when Rooney plays well he's damn good. And a winner, something our current squad lacks (he might have more trophies than the entire current Everton squad).

Still a no from me. He's not good enough for United anymore, and they're not doing much better than us this year. I know he's an Evertonian, and he loves the club, but I just don't see why we would need him -- who's place does he take? Would he be happy with more of a bench role?

Yes, he used to be a cracking player, and on his day he's still decent. I just think we would be getting him at the wrong time of his career and his inclusion would hurt the progress of the players we currently have.

Obviously, just my opinion -- if he came here I'd loved to be proven wrong.

He'll generate some return on his wages in merchandise etc give us some global appeal to players and those further ashore that think this league only consists of four teams, his influence and experience could be worth its weight in gold

He still has plenty to offer imo, I wouldn't mind seeing us go up against the likes of the shite with Rooney and Lukaku next season

He'll generate some return on his wages in merchandise etc give us some global appeal to players and those further ashore that think this league only consists of four teams, his influence and experience could be worth its weight in gold

He still has plenty to offer imo, I wouldn't mind seeing us go up against the likes of the shite with Rooney and Lukaku next season

bingo