IGNORED

Wayne Rooney

Not my money, so I don't give a fuck what they pay him. Moshiri has deep pockets - even if he fails miserably and costs him millions, FM won't be eating microwaved hotdogs and cheez whizz.

HUGE, HUGE, HUGE signing for us. I would bet my house there will be bandwagon Everton fans jumping on board because he's signed. Rooney Everton kits even over here in Trumpland? Fuck yeah!

Past his expire date? Not sure, how can you rate him in a completely different team with different management, different teammates, different history? I can't make that judgment until after he has played with this current EFC team. Can't win it unless you're in it....

I Hate to burst everyone's bubble, but Koeman and his cronies know much more than we do - they live and breath this shit, we are merely fans who *think* we know better, but we don't. Me might, but I don't think so :)

His leaving Everton in 2004? I don't give a fuck - didn't watch this sport back then - so the historical aspect has zero impact on me from a personal level.

Bottom line: Sign this motherfuckin' wanker up! And get Sigurdsson too!

Up the Toffees!!

Edited by chalkpie

Not my money, so I don't give a fuck what they pay him. Moshiri has deep pockets - even if he fails miserably and costs him millions, FM won't be eating microwaved hotdogs and cheez whizz.

HUGE, HUGE, HUGE signing for us. I would bet my house there will be bandwagon Everton fans jumping on board because he's signed. Rooney Everton kits even over here in Trumpland? Fuck yeah!

Past his expire date? Not sure, how can you rate him in a completely different team with different management, different teammates, different history? I can't make that judgment until after he has played with this current EFC team. Can't win it unless you're in it....

I Hate to burst everyone's bubble, but Koeman and his cronies know much more than we do - they live and breath this shit, we are merely fans who *think* we know better, but we don't. Me might, but I don't think so :)

His leaving Everton in 2004? I don't give a fuck - didn't watch this sport back then - so the historical aspect has zero impact on me from a personal level.

Bottom line: Sign this motherfuckin' wanker up! And get Sigurdsson too!

Up the Toffees!!

Bottom line is that you should care about how much they pay him, because you don't want the rest of the team pissed off that a guy who is likely to contribute far less on the field is making well over twice their wages.

There may be bandwagon fans. Personally, I like living in the States and having people who know football look at me dumbfounded when I tell them I support Everton. It'll make it that much sweeter when we get to where we deserve to be.

And finally, yes, Koeman and his support team know far more than we do. Koeman also was responsible for signing and starting Stekelenburg over Robles for a good portion of the season. Koeman's superior knowledge doesn't make him infallible.

Bottom line is that you should care about how much they pay him, because you don't want the rest of the team pissed off that a guy who is likely to contribute far less on the field is making well over twice their wages.

There may be bandwagon fans. Personally, I like living in the States and having people who know football look at me dumbfounded when I tell them I support Everton. It'll make it that much sweeter when we get to where we deserve to be.

And finally, yes, Koeman and his support team know far more than we do. Koeman also was responsible for signing and starting Stekelenburg over Robles for a good portion of the season. Koeman's superior knowledge doesn't make him infallible.

I hear you people think I'm crazy too. Love it and couldn't give a flying fuck. Got tons of United city Chelsea and spurs fans who are friends (ironically no RS) and they all look at me like I've 3 ears or something.

Not sure how you can label Rooney as "a guy who is likely to contribute far less on the field"? Says who? Let's see how the (potential) season goes before we cast judgment on how many minutes player X or player Y is going to log, yet alone "contributions". Do we have a crystal ball here? The guy could end up starting most matches, some, or just a few, but we don't know that yet.

In terms of wages, sorry, but look at Rooney's achievements and then look at the rest of the team. Who has the trophies, history, records? Correct me if I'm wrong, but not many, if any at all. Maybe Rom? Honestly man, why do I need to worry if Jags or Gana are jealous of Rooney's wages? That is not my problem, and it seems petty at best. There are people who get paid to deal with that shit, not me, so I don't need to concern myself with that part of the deal.

How do you put a monetary amount on the influence he may have in the locker room? Notice I said 'may', because of course I'm speculating. What is fact is the bloke is a winner and a leader, and his influence may prove to be invaluable in relation to this new Everton squad.

There are two ways of looking at this: those who scoff at the idea (for a multitude of reasons), and those who are willing to give Rooney a chance - and then cast judgement later. I'm in camp two.

Edited by chalkpie

So did everyone forget when he kissed the United badge? Or spouted a load of shite in his book about Moyes?

6 months ago (when the possibility of him returning was shy) half of the people on this forum didnt want him at Everton. He was "past it" and not the right choice to take us forward.

As soon as he's potentially going to sign people all of a sudden want him to "come home". Get a grip fickle fans.

I certainly won't be supporting him, blue shirt or not. I've got too much integrity to.

Id like to think any real fans of the club wouldn't disrespect the club like he did if they moved on to develop their career.

First of all, who are you to label ALL of us here as fickle? I didn't say shit 6 months ago about Rooney. WTF is that? I think somebody else needs to get a grip.

So, am I not a "real" fan if I support Rooney if he returns? Am I a real fan if I reject him because he made a career choice that we all didn't agree with 13 years ago?

Sorry to burst your bubble, but EFC 2017 has much more relevance to me than EFC 2004 at the moment. I don't give a fuck if some old hag with saggy tits and a Sunderland crest tattooed on her ass joins this club and helps win us a trophy - so be it! Sign her up.

NO one person is bigger than this club - be it Rom, Rooney, Jags, Barkley, or even Koeman.

Not sure how you can label Rooney as "a guy who is likely to contribute far less on the field"? Says who? Let's see how the (potential) season goes before we cast judgment on how many minutes player X or player Y is going to log, yet alone "contributions". Do we have a crystal ball here? The guy could end up starting most matches, some, or just a few, but we don't know that yet.

In terms of wages, sorry, but look at Rooney's achievements and then look at the rest of the team. Who has the trophies, history, records? Correct me if I'm wrong, but not many, if any at all. Maybe Rom? Honestly man, why do I need to worry if Jags or Gana are jealous of Rooney's wages? That is not my problem, and it seems petty at best. There are people who get paid to deal with that shit, not me, so I don't need to concern myself with that part of the deal.

How do you put a monetary amount on the influence he may have in the locker room? Notice I said 'may', because of course I'm speculating. What is fact is the bloke is a winner and a leader, and his influence may prove to be invaluable in relation to this new Everton squad.

There are two ways of looking at this: those who scoff at the idea (for a multitude of reasons), and those who are willing to give Rooney a chance - and then cast judgement later. I'm in camp two.

If we can't look at form as a way of determining how a player will contribute for us, no one should be making any judgments on any of our transfer dealings. It's all speculation. Shit, with your logic, maybe this French kid we just signed will end up being our starting #9 for the rest of the season and score 30 goals. No reason to believe he will, but anything can happen, right?

Rooney's form has been rapidly declining the last few years. He was incredible as a teenager and he peaked a bit early. That's okay. He's still had an amazing career and can probably contribute a lot somewhere with less ambition than Man U or Everton. But we can safely say that the likes of Gana and Schneiderlin are going to have more of an on-field contribution than Rooney if he signs. It's likely that several other players will, too. Just like we can safely speculate that Keane will be a better CB this season than Jags. Age and declining form tell us so.

That said, I don't believe in paying a player because of things he used to do or how good he used to be or how many titles he won. I believe in paying a player for the value that they add now. Rooney's made a ton of money in his career. If he wants to come play for Everton, wrap up his golden boy story and contribute something, he should fall in line with the pay structure at Everton. We don't pay our top contributors 250k per week. Only two players last season earned more than 75k a week. Signing a declining player at more than twice that does not send a good message or establish a good precedent for future contract dealings.

He may be a winner and a leader, but he hasn't been leading or winning much (he didn't even play in the Europa League final until the 90th minute) with Man U the past few years despite having a lot of very talented players around him because he's not that good anymore.

Well wasn't he still club captain and also won trophys last season?

Doesn't that make him a current leader and winner.

We speak of bandwagon and fickle. How many fans are jumping on the ... let's show our hatred for Rooney.

I got hurt, but I also understood that the club had more to do with it than the player.

Kissing badges and stuff is football. Anyone who has played for a number of clubs understands commeraderie.

They know how important it is to show your colours for whomever you play for.

Best thing to do is sit back and see how it plays out. We're not in control, so no point in getting angry or upset about it.

Well wasn't he still club captain and also won trophys last season?

Doesn't that make him a current leader and winner.

We speak of bandwagon and fickle. How many fans are jumping on the ... let's show our hatred for Rooney.

I got hurt, but I also understood that the club had more to do with it than the player.

Kissing badges and stuff is football. Anyone who has played for a number of clubs understands commeraderie.

They know how important it is to show your colours for whomever you play for.

Best thing to do is sit back and see how it plays out. We're not in control, so no point in getting angry or upset about it.

I honestly am not bothered by the stuff from the past. I'm also a more recent fan. And I do recognize the value of his leadership off the field. In fact, prior to this past season, I thought he'd be a decent addition to the squad and I thought the feel-good factor would balance out his declining form. A year later, I just don't think it does balance out what he'll take away from a much-strengthened squad by being in the starting XI day in, day out. If he's leaving Man U to come back, he is clearly being promised a fair amount more playing time, and that's playing time that could be given to the likes of DCL or another one of our emerging forward/wingers. I don't want him here for football reasons only.

Rooney will not come to be a bench warmer or just to pick up a pay packet, he could go to China and get paid a lot more money.

He wants a fresh start to try and get his place back

He obviously didn't fit in with Jose's united but unless you are 6 foot something many don't, when he left last time the club needed the money and he was young ambitious and got sold on moving to win things which he did.

I would rather his wage was in-line with the rest of the teams higher earners and anything else made up with endorsements, or performance related but we will have to wait and see.

He is not as slow as many folk make out even at 31 and despite his critics over the years his goals both at club and international level speak for themselves.

So did everyone forget when he kissed the United badge? Or spouted a load of shite in his book about Moyes?

6 months ago (when the possibility of him returning was shy) half of the people on this forum didnt want him at Everton. He was "past it" and not the right choice to take us forward.

As soon as he's potentially going to sign people all of a sudden want him to "come home". Get a grip fickle fans.

I certainly won't be supporting him, blue shirt or not. I've got too much integrity to.

Id like to think any real fans of the club wouldn't disrespect the club like he did if they moved on to develop their career.

Get a grip it's pantomime.... his badge kissing will have come as a result of him getting some serious personal shit flung at him by the fans.

He loves Everton and always has done. He was sold - do you honestly think we tried or intended to keep him? He wasn't even used in the team photos before he was sold.

He left a club in turmoil and his sale saved us. Blame the dickheadsvwho ran the club into the ground before Rooney. When we had a crown jewel to cherish we weren't able to do it.

Either way... for me it's business. If he offers us quality that we haven't got then get him in... if not then don't.

To go over all the badge kissing crap...

Wayne left because the club was fucked. He wasn't begging for a move, the bank were ready to put the club under. Wayne was sold because he had to be, United got a bargain because of it.

Barclays (I'm sure it was Barclays at the time) were really putting pressure on the club.

After he was gone he was given a dogs life by our fans. Anyone remember the graffiti on the ground? The lad got called and threatened and booed by grown men who adored him. But he was still just an 18 year old lad. So he scored at Goodison, he's getting booed, again, he had a chance to rub it in. So he kissed the badge. If anyone was annoyed at the time, it worked. If they are still annoyed now, grow up.

Give any other kid of 18 the kind of abuse Wayne got, don't be surprised if they give some back.

That was all a long time ago. During all of that, the lad remained a blue. I don't see why anyone would have any sort of hatred towards him. Anyone still mad at the club for being in such a state all them years ago? Anyone still mad at Bill because he was in control at the time?

Edit, didn't see your post before writing that Haf.

Well at least we unanimously agree on something.

Yeah fans need to get a grip. Having Rooney in 2004 was like someone owning a £10,0000 tv in a house with no kitchen or bathroom.

We can't underestimate just how commercially important this could be. I used to live in China and he, with Man Utd, are huge over there. Since these rumours started I've had two emails from ex-collegues of mine who are Chinese to ask if it's true "Rooney is signing for another club in England?!". Pretty soon, everyone will know the name Everton over there because believeme, they don't at the moment!

Get a grip it's pantomime.... his badge kissing will have come as a result of him getting some serious personal shit flung at him by the fans.

He loves Everton and always has done. He was sold - do you honestly think we tried or intended to keep him? He wasn't even used in the team photos before he was sold.

He left a club in turmoil and his sale saved us. Blame the dickheadsvwho ran the club into the ground before Rooney. When we had a crown jewel to cherish we weren't able to do it.

Either way... for me it's business. If he offers us quality that we haven't got then get him in... if not then don't.

"Get a grip it's pantomime.... his badge kissing will have come as a result of him getting some serious personal shit flung at him by the fans."

- Doesn't matter, he should know better to kiss the badge and it wouldn't surprise me if he deeply regretted it.

"He was sold - do you honestly think we tried or intended to keep him? He wasn't even used in the team photos before he was sold."

- No, of course I don't, nor did I ever elude to that.

Just to clarify, I understand why he left Everton, and I would have done exactly the same to further my career. I have nothing against him for that. It's the shit house actions from him that followed his departure.

He can call himself a blue, go to all the games he wants to, dress his kids in full blue strips and paint their bedrooms whatever fucking colour he likes, he's not a blue, not to me.

Call me bitter, but I have my reasons and I'm not so easily lead into changing my mind so quickly, just because the possibility of signing him is now real.

I saw a poll on Twitter yesterday that 80% of voters agreed that they want him back to the club. had that poll been 6-12 months ago and it'd have been a different story.

"Get a grip it's pantomime.... his badge kissing will have come as a result of him getting some serious personal shit flung at him by the fans."

- Doesn't matter, he should know better to kiss the badge and it wouldn't surprise me if he deeply regretted it.

"He was sold - do you honestly think we tried or intended to keep him? He wasn't even used in the team photos before he was sold."

- No, of course I don't, nor did I ever elude to that.

Just to clarify, I understand why he left Everton, and I would have done exactly the same to further my career. I have nothing against him for that. It's the shit house actions from him that followed his departure.

He can call himself a blue, go to all the games he wants to, dress his kids in full blue strips and paint their bedrooms whatever fucking colour he likes, he's not a blue, not to me.

Call me bitter, but I have my reasons and I'm not so easily lead into changing my mind so quickly, just because the possibility of signing him is now real.

I saw a poll on Twitter yesterday that 80% of voters agreed that they want him back to the club. had that poll been 6-12 months ago and it'd have been a different story.

He was absolutely torn to shreds by the fans.... do you not think he was hurting and therefore kissed the United badge to get back?

He's been a blue since he was a kid.

According to Rooney, Kenwright was crying and begged him to stay when he put in his transfer request.

Personally believe it was his agent that orchestrated the move. United had planned to make a move the following season, Rooney's agent forced them to come in early.