IGNORED

Wayne Rooney

Still a no from me. He's not good enough for United anymore, and they're not doing much better than us this year. I know he's an Evertonian, and he loves the club, but I just don't see why we would need him -- who's place does he take? Would he be happy with more of a bench role?

Yes, he used to be a cracking player, and on his day he's still decent. I just think we would be getting him at the wrong time of his career and his inclusion would hurt the progress of the players we currently have.

Obviously, just my opinion -- if he came here I'd loved to be proven wrong.

Schneiderlin wasn't good enough for them either.

I'd take him back 100%. The only problem is have with it is how it would affect Barkley. Rooney is not an out an out striker anymore. He's need to be played deeper. Could they play together etc!

Barkley's been playing his best on the right anyway, so keep him there and play Rooney as an AM. Give them both a bit of freedom and let them interchange positions too.

If he's​ as good as he was then yes, but there's a reason he can't get playing time at Utd, it's because he's not as good as he was.

I think he's on the downward spiral and his body is slowing down, he's unable to reach anywhere near normal form. Do we really have to go back to signing has been players over the 30 year mark​.

Schneiderlin also wasn't good enough to play for them so he should fuck off, too.

United is stack at midfield, plus Morgan is a Van Gaal buy, and Jose hasn't exactly taken kindly to any of his signings.

Besides that, when Rooney is given time on the pitch he doesn't perform -- been a couple of seasons of this now.

Edited by TonkaRoost

It'd be more to do with the branding of the club I think. If he signed you could guarantee his shirt would sell all over the world play or not. Raising the profile of the club would make it easier to sign better players.

Also I'd we made Europe next season we will need bodies in and Rooneys not the worst player to call on.

It'd be more to do with the branding of the club I think. If he signed you could guarantee his shirt would sell all over the world play or not. Raising the profile of the club would make it easier to sign better players.

Also I'd we made Europe next season we will need bodies in and Rooneys not the worst player to call on.

Moshiri has himself said he is trying to raise the profile of Everton, having a world superstar such as Rooney in your squad does this. And like you said, he isn't the worst player to call upon to step in when the games build up, a lot better than having to call upon Kone.

Schneiderlin also wasn't good enough to play for them so he should fuck off, too.

Big difference. Rooney has been good enough to play - has been captain, record goalscorer. Now he is deemed not up to it due to age or decline.

Schneiderlin just wasn't given the chance.

Rooney needs to come as a striker if played in a two, or if we play with a three like we have been lately he needs to take the left side.

A front three of Rooney Lukaku Barkley will worry most defences.

No point in him coming here to play midfield.

Rooney would easily get into our XI often enough. And, though he isn't the freak he once was, he's still a damn good player who still loves this club after all that's gone on. There's a role for him here, and I have a suspicion that he wants to do good by Everton.

Like StevO said, a front three of Rooney, Lukaku and Barkley would be terrifying. They're all skilled, all offer something different and are all capable of the spectacular. And, having three major threats up there allows for them to move around and create some major mismatches against defenses.

Rooney would easily get into our XI often enough. And, though he isn't the freak he once was, he's still a damn good player who still loves this club after all that's gone on. There's a role for him here, and I have a suspicion that he wants to do good by Everton.

Like StevO said, a front three of Rooney, Lukaku and Barkley would be terrifying. They're all skilled, all offer something different and are all capable of the spectacular. And, having three major threats up there allows for them to move around and create some major mismatches against defenses.

I'd be tempted to go 3421:

Holgate Jags Williams

Coleman Gana Schneiderlin Baines

Barkley Rooney

Rom

Width, threat, steel.... Plus if Rooney is feeling a bit worn out, we've got DC-L, Lookman Mirallas to take over

I'd be tempted to go 3421:

Holgate Jags Williams

Barkley Rooney

Rom

Width, threat, steel.... Plus if Rooney is feeling a bit worn out, we've got DC-L, Lookman Mirallas to take over

That's one sexy lineup. I'd be replacing one of Williams or Jags with a new face. But, that would be wonderful.

Alternatively, take out a CB and go with a 4-2-3-1. We could then have Gana-Schneiderlin as a pair, a rotation of Barkley-Rooney-Davies in front of them and Rom up top. I know there aren't any wingers in there, but we've looked pretty damn good without natural wingers recently, anyhow.

The point is that Rooney gives us plenty of options in addition to being great for the club commercially, great for our young players and a possible piece in the puzzle that raises our profile for bringing in other big players.

I like the look of that Matt, I'd like to see Keane brought in as Jags replacement and Pickford would be one of my choices if we upgrade on Joel and Sigurdsson to rotate with the likes of Barkley Schneiderlin and co

With the likes of Lookman and Lewis to throw into the mix we'd have some decent attacking options

----------Pickford

-----Holgate Keane Williams

-------Barkley Rooney

--------------Rom

Edited by EFC-Paul

I'd play Rooney up top, and tell him to stay in the box like RVN did. You shouldn't move goal scorers away from the box. Rumour was fat Ronaldo was a great 'keeper, but he was left upfront to bang them in.

But Rooneys best position is behind the striker. Why would you play him out of position?

Seems he has been playing behind for the last few years and doing pretty well.

Not sure he could be a front man anymore.

He's played mostly upfront, accept for a little stint in midfield playing Hollywood balls. He's clinical in the box, but needs to be told to stop drifting into midfield to get involved. Give him one job to score goals and he'll roll back the years.

He's played mostly upfront, accept for a little stint in midfield playing Hollywood balls. He's clinical in the box, but needs to be told to stop drifting into midfield to get involved. Give him one job to score goals and he'll roll back the years.

For Man U this season he has came on as sub up front, but his starts have mostly been in midfield.... where he has been most comfortable. His passing is actually very good and his vision is one of experience.

But I suppose it's just opinion.