IGNORED

Wayne Rooney

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest rusty747

I'm not in favour of him coming back. If you take the emotion out of the equation and look at it dispassionately, Rooney is too old, would cost too much in transfer fee and/or wages, is way past his best and would take a spot in the team (or on the bench) that could be given to either a new signing or DCL, Lookman or similar.

You are all wrong if you think that Rooney would have to play second fiddle behind Lukaku. Lukaku wont be an Everton player next season.

Id love to see Rooney at the club again!

Everyone said Lukaku would leave last summer.

You are all wrong if you think that Rooney would have to play second fiddle behind Lukaku. Lukaku wont be an Everton player next season.

Id love to see Rooney at the club again!

Can't see him going this season.

Will anyone pay for him?

The thought of Rooney as his replacement is horrifying.

I agree with Romey. At his age, Rooney would see a move to Everton as a sinecure and we would not get value for money re the wages we would have to pay. Wouldn't blame Rooney for doing this but there is no future in it for Everton.

I don't think the euros made a difference if someone was going to pay big for him they would have.

It would have had some bearing on his exposure and worth in what people deem a big game tournament, it's been a trend in modern times that clubs go after the stand put players from both tournaments Euros/World Cup

Rodriguez Arshavin Campbell to name a few off the top of my head, if he'd have had a stormer that some would have expected we would have seen big bids coming in for him

Edited by EFC-Paul

In the Telegraph match report Arsenal v Man U, Rooney got the lowest player rating (4) out of the 22 players. Not very complimentary comments in the match report either, eg 'Rooney was a passenger whose time at the top is over.'

Depends on price and wages, but some players at his age changing clubs get a new lease of life. Obviously he doesn't fit into Mourinhos plans, he could be worth a shout but not as a number 9. I think he has one good season left in him and has the incentive of trying to get back into the England squad for one last world cup, so money won't be the main priority.

There's too many over thirties at the club already, forget him and look for younger players on the way up, not oldies on the way down.

This for me. Don't think he'd bring much more than Eto'o did when he joined us. I understand the feel good factor in wanting him to return home, but not having it myself since I didn't follow English football until a few years later, the move just doesn't make sense at this stage in his career. If we were a young relegation-threatened squad who could use his experience to help out our young players, I'd get it. But we're not particularly young and we need to be pushing higher.

It isn't like we would be buying lots of over 30s. It's just one, and we are losing a lot of garbage players this summer already, so there is space for one player over 30 even just replacing Kone.

I don't like it but we also need more global awareness to attract other players. Rooney brings that, Hart would too.

He's not better than Lukaku or Barkley at this point. We need players who will make us better on the field, not just off it. He looks bad for ManU now, and he looked bad when he was playing consistently -- it's why he was dropped in the first place. High wages, aging squad, etc. I also don't really think he's that marketable anymore.