IGNORED

Tottenham Hotspur (Away) Sunday March 5th

markjazzbassist

We are coming off a win, they have to play Stoke tomorrow after crashing out of Europa League to a Belgian side. You never know with Spurs, they either look like world beaters with Poch's system or they look terrible and tired. I hope we get the latter.

I think it will be either:

Robles

Coleman Williams Mori Baines

Schneiderlin

Davies Gana

Barkley Lukaku Lookman

OR

Robles

Holgate Williams Mori

Coleman Gana Schneiderlin Baines

Barkley Lookman

Lukaku

Spurs are normally very good defensively. Will be a good test of where we are after a run of games against average sides. I think 3-5-2 or a variation will be played and if we're in the game later on we can change the system. Holgate,mori,Williams,Coleman,baines,gana,Morgan,Davies,Ross and rom. Spurs are a good team. I rate dembele and Erikson. If we concede early it will be a real struggle but I think we can take three points if we play with belief. 1-2 rom and ross

Er, C, I accidentally deleted your post instead of quoting it!

Lookman was awful today, lost the ball three times in horrendous positions and why doesn't he look to move forward with the ball? He always turns back towards his own goal.

Thanks ??

Yep agree - shouldn't be starting in a wide position, impact sub no problem. Start as a striking partner for Rom, no problem either.

Guest rusty747

I would take a battling 0-0 but I agree that we can win this. The important thing is to avoid defeat and keep the momentum going.

We will need big performances from everyone, especially Robles.

Next two games could be the key to the season; if you offered me four points now I'd take them but if we could somehow get six it'd really grab peoples attention. We're the form team in the league and have been making up points on everyone bar Chelsea this year but we're still largely under the media's radar. We will win this one if everyone turns up with their A game imo, let's just hope they all do.

Guest rusty747

Everyone seems to be fixated on us catching Man U but the rs have some really tricky fixtures (Arsenal at home, Man C away) coming up. If we can take 7 points from the next 3 games then we will likely play the rs in the 4th game knowing that if we win we will have caught them up.

Edited by rusty747

Everyone seems to be fixated on us catching Man U but the rs have some really tricky fixtures (Arsenal at home, Man C away) coming up. If we can take 7 points from the next 3 games then we will likely play the rs in the 4th game knowing that if we win we will have caught them up.

By the time we play Liverpool I believe it will be to overtake them if we win. We've just got to keep winning our games, that's all we can do!

We will play 352 at the back with Holgate coming back in, Lookman being replaced by Mirallas and we should nick a point I reckon.

Spurs are a quality team who I think will finish 2nd, but I think our defensive ability will worry them a little bit and they will be too scared of getting hit on the counter.

1 a piece with us scoring first is my guess!

I know I'm getting ahead of myself, but we are well within reach to grab 4th. If we can keep the momentum going we will do it. 7th is the absolute minimum at this point.

Our midfield is showing consistency, and if Rom can keep scoring then there's no reason why we can't do it.

Edited by TonkaRoost

Guest rusty747

Agree with all the comments above and it's great to see all the positivity.

As Btay rightly says, all we can do is keep our run going. If we do, then I also think we might do better than fifth.

Agreed: more achievable and more satisfying.

Guest rusty747

And Leicester have done themselves and us a great favour tonight by beating the rs. I had it down for a draw. Just need Arsenal and Man C to beat rs now and we are well and truly in business.

Guest rusty747

Agreed. We need a controlled defensive performance with the side set up to break lightning quick when we get the chance. Seven points from the next 9 sets us up very nicely for the game v rs.

Play 3 at the back and it them on the break, I think we will give them a good game.

My worry is that they are playing very well at WHL, and Kane and Ali are on hot streaks at the moment.

I think a draw would be a good result.

They won't know whats hit them with Gana and Schneiderlin in the middle ?