IGNORED

Tottenham Hotspur (Away) Sunday March 5th

markjazzbassist

Play 3 at the back and it them on the break, I think we will give them a good game.

My worry is that they are playing very well at WHL, and Kane and Ali are on hot streaks at the moment.

I think a draw would be a good result.

Alli has been largely anonymous in the games I have seen of him however he has popped up with goals... a bit like Tim Cahill! Edited by Bailey

Guest rusty747

All the results are going our way today. Man U drop points at home to Bournemouth, WBA lose at home to Palace. I'm trying to work out how I want the rs v Arsenal game to finish. Arsenal win so we can catch the rs or a draw so we can catch them both?

Edited by rusty747

It's been really quite on the site which is strange before a big game. What's the mood generally like over there, do fans think we're going to get turned over or think we might get a result here?

i think we're going to make a good go of it but be pipped by a wondergoal of act of useless officiating

I don't know how to feel today. We will want to take advantage of the points we could gain on 6th and 5th, but West Bromwich lost, so no pressure there. We're going up against a very good, confident spurs team.

I want to be optimistic, but I don't think we have the mind set to beat Spurs today. The players are great and can beat anyone on their day, but they need to believe that.

I think we will set up 5-3-2, look to contain Spurs and Lukaku and Mirallas will hit them on the break. Could work, and I believe Spurs aren't the hardest team to contain. I doubt they will show us a lack of respect by leaving their defence too exposed to a counter too often. It'll be about taking our chances and defending how we all know we can.

Kane and Eriksen are the talismen. Take them out of the game and we will stand a chance. Their full backs should push up the pitch and leave plenty of space in behind for Rom to chase. Hopefully Dier plays because I think he's aweful.

We need Rom to be up for this today and be aggressively chasing those long balls in behind.

I'd take a point right now, as much as it pains me to say it.

Edit: and Robles is going to have a great game I can feel it

Edited by AidanLewis

Barry in for Lookman, midfield looking a bit congested maybe?

Koeman always goes ultra-defensive for these sorts of games which does irritate me, even if I can see the logic behind it.

Hopefully Barry's lack of speed will be hidden through Schneiderlin, Gana and Davies. Would rather McCarthy had took his place.

Guest rusty747

This could be the 'Terry Venables' Christmas tree formation. 4-3-2-1

It makes us solid at the back but, as always, puts a lot of responsibility on our full backs to get forward.

Joel

Coleman. Williams. Mori. Baines

Gueye. Schneiderlin. Barry

Davies. Barkley

Lukaku

McCarthy for Barry when his legs give out.

Edited by rusty747