IGNORED

West Bromwich Albion (Home) Saturday March 11th

markjazzbassist

My first game for years tomorrow... travelling up from Kent. Got a seat in the Lower Gwladys.... Like a kid waiting for Christmas !!

Any info on pubs that we use close to the ground before and after the game would be much appreciated.

Anyone around goodison! I prefer the Barlow Arms, about a 10 minute walk from the ground but I'm sure others will think there is better around. If I'm closer I go to the spellow but that's tradition it's not a great pub!

My first game for years tomorrow... travelling up from Kent. Got a seat in the Lower Gwladys.... Like a kid waiting for Christmas !!

Any info on pubs that we use close to the ground before and after the game would be much appreciated.

Envy you mate.

Hope you have a great day and witness something special.

If you want to be able to get to the bar and get a seat go to the Medlock or Taxi Club. If you want atmosphere but a scrum to get to the bar and probably nowhere to sit (unless you're early) go to the Royal Oak, Winslow or Brick.

:lol: ultra defensive yeah?

two wing backs offers us more going forward, gana showed against sunderland he likes to get forward, McCarthy can push a bit more forward, Morgan sits with the 3 at the back. Ultra defensive, don't make me laugh.

Looks pretty defensive to me, too. Against spurs you had a clusterfuck of dcm's looking to play forward but no one running into that space. The combo of barkley/schneiderlin seems good enough to me while letting the likes of lookman/mirallas and Lukaku get forward.

I'd actually go 4 at the back:

Robles

Coleman Williams mori Baines

Schneiderlin Gana

Barkley

Mirallas Lookman

Lukaku

Bring on Davies and Mccarthy as subs if legs start to go and still have Valencia to play forward.

Guest rusty747

Yep 4 at the back today. West Brom will play their usual 4-5-1 and have a flat back 4 with only Rondon as their outlet.

All we have to do is make sure we don't get caught on the counter or from a set piece.

We need to put our most aggressive attackers on today. I think this is a game for Lookman and Mirallas, with orders to attack and take on West Brom's back 4.

West Brom will be happy to let us play in front of them all day and grind out a 0-0 draw. Taking a point from Goodison will be a good result from them.

You can't expect a cricket score today. West Brom just don't want to play attacking football. So we should be happy with a cagy 1-0 victory, take all 3 points and move on to the next match.

Agreed. Three points is all that matters today. I'd take 1-0 with the goal coming from a rebound off Rom's arse in the 95th minute if necessary.

Then, if we beat Hull next week we go above Man U.

Ok, they would only be a point behind with 3 games in hand but they have some serious fixture congestion and some very tricky games to come.

Guest rusty747

Yes, I think we are going to have to beat them at OT to have a real chance of staying ahead of them.

I had us unbeaten from now to the end of the season with a victory at OT and draws v Rs, Chelsea and Arsenal which would leave us on 71 points which, historically would be good for 4th or 5th.

COYB

headed to breakfast with my parents, wife and son. Special breakfast his school is putting on, Spiderman and a Princess will be there. He's super excited :) I'm excited for free food and then FOOTBALL. i fucking love this club

This made me smile, can feel the love!

Yep, COYB

Guest rusty747

Bringing Jags back will, at least, allow Williams to play on his natural left side of the 2 cb's so I can see the sense in that. Knowing Barry, I think he might feel he has something to prove after last week. So, provided he doesn't overdo it and get sent off, I think he will either play a blinder or get hooked at half time again.

Mirallas to score a penalty?

Some left footed chemistry on our left flank?

Jags > Mori, Mira > Gana, fair enough, not over the moon, and wondering about McCarthy, but lets see. Buzz around and sting Chadli as often as possible.

I wonder if our interminable set play nightmare (offensively(hahaha!) and defensively) comes to an end today. I'm not holding my breath.

Robles a lucky chap after last weekends 'display'.