Sign in to follow this  
Shy_Talk

Davy Klaassen

1 minute ago, yamar said:

Bailey he links up play with one touch killer passes. This is what he's bought for. That only happens in the AM position.

I haven't seen that from him at all for us. One touch yes, killer no. I want him building from deep and running from deep.

I think he should be benched as we already got Ronney, Sigusson, Davids, Barkley can play the AM position. We can not play 2-3 no.10 at the same time and I don't think Klaassen is better then the other players we have now. We just simple wasted 25M!

1 hour ago, hkfans said:

I think he should be benched as we already got Ronney, Sigusson, Davids, Barkley can play the AM position. We can not play 2-3 no.10 at the same time and I don't think Klaassen is better then the other players we have now. We just simple wasted 25M!

Barca plays 2 number 10s every match.  Triangle midfield, Busquets the base and then Rakitic and Iniesta both 10's more advanced.

5 hours ago, markjazzbassist said:

Barca plays 2 number 10s every match.  Triangle midfield, Busquets the base and then Rakitic and Iniesta both 10's more advanced.

But we don't play like Barca! 

If we want to play with a team of 10s we have to play much more aggressively and counter press much more. You cant use slow, less mobile number 10s in a traditional sit back and counter. 

Koeman has set us up to sit back and counter. If we want to do that, we need pace.

4 hours ago, Bailey said:

But we don't play like Barca! 

If we want to play with a team of 10s we have to play much more aggressively and counter press much more. You cant use slow, less mobile number 10s in a traditional sit back and counter. 

Koeman has set us up to sit back and counter. If we want to do that, we need pace.

we do when playing against the other 14 teams in the league.  which is the vast majority.  you and the rest on here are having a panic attack while taking a small sample size of matches only against the bigs and extrapolating it to every match and our overall style.  koeman isn't martinez where we set out the same every match with no plan b or C.  Bigs he goes defensive, mids and lower he goes attack like barca.  sometimes i wonder if people actually watch the matches we play or just read match reports and lineups.

33 minutes ago, StevO said:

I'm pretty sure Bailey watches the odd game or two. 

not just him.  some outrageous comments on here lately.  lost a few and it's turned into a west ham forum, fire the manager after 4 games, moshiri is a fraud, barkley is our savior and is being held out due to a conspiracy theory (not an injury), Gana and schneiderlin are shit, Stoke city is a model of success, bill is really running things behind the scenes conspiracy theories,  FFS people have gone mad ste.

I am certainly not one of the 'fire RK' brigade.  However, it does concern me that he seems to change tactics at half-time in most games recently. If the players seem confused, it is not surprising.  Also, our inability to score more than one goal per game, results in us parking the bus after we score, as we did against Stoke and Man City.

9 minutes ago, johnh said:

I am certainly not one of the 'fire RK' brigade.  However, it does concern me that he seems to change tactics at half-time in most games recently. If the players seem confused, it is not surprising.  Also, our inability to score more than one goal per game, results in us parking the bus after we score, as we did against Stoke and Man City.

with roberto "no plan b, same thing every game, every team has us sussed".  ronald "he changes things too much, half time changes all the time".  damned if you do, damned if you don't.

2 hours ago, markjazzbassist said:

with roberto "no plan b, same thing every game, every team has us sussed".  ronald "he changes things too much, half time changes all the time".  damned if you do, damned if you don't.

Counter argument to that is if you keep having to change things at half-time it might suggest you don't know what you're doing in the first place.

42 minutes ago, MikeO said:

Counter argument to that is if you keep having to change things at half-time it might suggest you don't know what you're doing in the first place.

counter to that is if you don't change your stubborn.  my point being people just bitching because we lose.  if we win with half time and 25' changes people will applaud and love it.  has nothing to do with change/no change, just winning losing.

But isn't football about picking up points?

we haven't only played bad against the top teams though, Stoke are mid table at best.

the European teams we have played are also a low standard. 

Thw concern is that we are playing terrible football, not just the losses.

5 hours ago, markjazzbassist said:

we do when playing against the other 14 teams in the league.  which is the vast majority.  you and the rest on here are having a panic attack while taking a small sample size of matches only against the bigs and extrapolating it to every match and our overall style.  koeman isn't martinez where we set out the same every match with no plan b or C.  Bigs he goes defensive, mids and lower he goes attack like barca.  sometimes i wonder if people actually watch the matches we play or just read match reports and lineups.

No we don't.  We certainly didn't against Stoke or in Europe or in any game I watched last season. Have you watched Barcalona before? Not for the first time you seem to think Koeman only took over this summer. 

I can assure you that I have had the  (mis)fortune of watching almost all our games since Koeman took over.

4 hours ago, markjazzbassist said:

not just him.  some outrageous comments on here lately.  lost a few and it's turned into a west ham forum, fire the manager after 4 games, moshiri is a fraud, barkley is our savior and is being held out due to a conspiracy theory (not an injury), Gana and schneiderlin are shit, Stoke city is a model of success, bill is really running things behind the scenes conspiracy theories,  FFS people have gone mad ste.

What outrageous comment have I made? I haven't said any of those you mentioned. 

1 hour ago, MikeO said:

Rightly or wrongly  (read wrongly) Martinez believed that plan A was right and it was a matter of time until it came good. I don't buy into the no plan B rubbish either, he made quite a lot of subtle changes but that ship has run its course now. 

Sometime players aren't doing their job and early subs are needed but Koeman just isn't getting his tactics or player selection right and that's why subs are needed. I have never seen anything like it before. 

Probably the most interesting thing is, if you go back to before the Split game (home) you could see that everyone on here was happy with the team selection and likely tactics and lo and behold it was our best game of the season, especially first half. We also predicted the problem with our transfer targets too... maybe TT should step in!

21 hours ago, Bailey said:

I haven't seen that from him at all for us. One touch yes, killer no. I want him building from deep and running from deep.

We are 4 games into the season, maybe you want to give him and some of the others time to adapt to life in a new league.

His technique is excellent. 

7 minutes ago, London Blue said:

We are 4 games into the season, maybe you want to give him and some of the others time to adapt to life in a new league.

His technique is excellent. 

I'm not slagging him off, I'm just saying I don't think that's his game. Maybe it was in Holland, but not so much in the PL where he has less time and space. 

I have seen him in around 7 or 8 games now and haven't seen him play anything like a playmaker. For me looks like another box to box player just a clever box to box rather than a Gana type.

3 minutes ago, Bailey said:

I'm not slagging him off, I'm just saying I don't think that's his game. Maybe it was in Holland, but not so much in the PL where he has less time and space. 

I have seen him in around 7 or 8 games now and haven't seen him play anything like a playmaker. For me looks like another box to box player just a clever box to box rather than a Gana type.

I'm not saying you are slagging him off, I know you are not doing that.

Gana is a defensive midfielder, Klaassen is best played behind a front man or two, between defenders and midfielders where he will have time to use his brain and technique.

3 hours ago, MikeO said:

Exactly what I said. Scares me that so much I'd needed to be changed after 45 minutes.

2 minutes ago, yamar said:

Exactly what I said. Scares me that so much I'd needed to be changed after 45 minutes.

Good job yer ma goes to Goodison with you then.

1 minute ago, MikeO said:

Yep, reading some of these posts, me ma has more knowledge of the game also.

3 minutes ago, MikeO said:

...you should be banned for this aswell Mike. Bringing people's families into it.

2 minutes ago, yamar said:

...you should be banned for this aswell Mike. Bringing people's families into it.

Not in a derogatory way though, I applaud her for taking care of her offspring's personal hygiene, must be a good woman.

12 minutes ago, MikeO said:

Not in a derogatory way though, I applaud her for taking care of her offspring's personal hygiene, must be a good woman.

Haha, give ya that one. She's a goodin.

23 hours ago, markjazzbassist said:

I agree Mark. 

Koeman shouldn't be fired. 

Moshiri isn't a fraud. 

We do miss Barkley. 

Gana and Morgan are both very good players. 

Stoke are a well run club, nothing more. 

Bill is running things, he's the chairman, it's his job. 

People have gone mad 😂

2 hours ago, StevO said:

I agree Mark. 

Koeman shouldn't be fired. 

Moshiri isn't a fraud. 

We do miss Barkley. 

Gana and Morgan are both very good players. 

Stoke are a well run club, nothing more. 

Bill is running things, he's the chairman, it's his job. 

People have gone mad 😂

An oasis of sanity in a baron field of lunacy.

Thought he might of been THE signing of the window for us. Seems that's very wrong...every game passes him by. Just doesn't stamp a Mark on the games nor does he do enough to make any sort of positive contributuon. 

That's harsh, I know.

29 minutes ago, Aidan Lewis said:

Didn't get to go to the game tonight as I rarely do with mid weekers. Apparently struggled again tonight and wasn't very convincing. 

6 minutes ago, Lowensda said:

Thought he might of been THE signing of the window for us. Seems that's very wrong...every game passes him by. Just doesn't stamp a Mark on the games nor does he do enough to make any sort of positive contributuon. 

That's harsh, I know.

I went to the top of the thread to see who this was about, thinking it would be Keane or Sandro. Klaassen didn't even cross my mind. He played well in tight spaces with Davies but has no chemistry at all with Sandro. He makes space going forward but is weak. Once he's used to the physical side he'll be a clever player for us. Just don't play him with Sandro as their styles don't compliment each other at all. 

6 hours ago, Lowensda said:

That's harsh, I know.

Romey or MJB? Not sure either will be happy being stamped on, no matter how frustrated you're getting. 

I still don't know what he is tbh, because he hasn't really done anything so far. He just always seems to be a little bit too slow to react to things and is then getting lost in games.

He did put a beauty of a cross in for DCL when he headed onto the post though.