IGNORED

Davy Klaassen

High praise indeed it seems.

Quite a exciting proposition to have a technical attacking midfielder who scores goals. Someone who's a leader too.

Let's be honest Tim Cahill and Fellaini were the last ones but they were far from technical. Effective but not technical.

A central midfield consisting of gana, schneiderlin, Davies, klassen, McCarthy, maybe Barkley... lots of permutations as to how we can use them.

• 3 weeks later...

More I hear, the more I like (already). Seems a decent guy.

Our marketing department is doing its job. :)

That may sound a cynical comment, but I don't mean it that way. These interviews with new players are posted to Everton sites, so they will have been written and vetted by the marketing team. Their goal is to build excitement and momentum, and they're doing just that.

• 3 weeks later...

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2017/08/05/exclusive-davy-klaassen-interview-dennis-bergkamp-always-player/

As Klaassen considered his options, Koeman – conveniently a summer neighbour – was well advanced in his pursuit.

“Ronaldo is a big hero in Holland,” said Klaassen.

“I saw him in the stadium a few times when we were playing Europa League. Then I saw a few things in the newspaper where he said I was a good player.

“I did not want to be thinking about a move until the end of the season. I wanted to concentrate on Ajax’s games and sometimes you read about clubs but I told my agent not to tell me until I ask.

“Then I had heard the Everton manager wanted to talk to me. When the moment came I thought this is big. After that it happened quick. Ronald lives just ten minutes from my home, so when he went back to Holland in the summer I went to his house in Bussum.

“The conversation was maybe an hour and he gave me a good feeling. The manager explained his plan and the club’s ambitions and the style of play. He presented a picture and it was good for me.

“I spoke to a few people, thought about the situation and then in the end I decided yes, I wanted to go to Everton.

“I spoke to John Heitinga (the former Everton and Ajax player) who told me about the club and said it would suit me perfectly.

“Every club has its own way, but the training here is quite similar to the Dutch training. The biggest difference will be the games. I expect another world. Ronald has the Dutch philosophy but he also understands the English football philosophy. This is a good combination. The games will make me physically stronger. Of course I may do extra training but there are many here who will help me.

Such a classy player, one to respect on and off the field.

Is it bad though, that he reminds me of Steve Naismith in EVERY possible way?

Why are you worrying? Naismith wasn't exceptional player, but had brilliant off the ball movement and I liked him quite a lot. He is a nice bloke as well.

For me, naismith just like leon osman was actually very very very close to being a footballer mentioned in far more illustrious brackets.

Both players had amazing in-game intelligence, ossie had technique over naismith tenacity. In the right game both players could make an enormous difference to the team.

They will never get appreciated for what they were because they lacked the athletic edge that most players have these days.

He's a lot better than Naismith.

I hope so but I don't know how we can ascertain this right now.

I would be disappointed if a player costing £25m wasn't better than a player who had suffered two cruciate knee injuries who we got on a free.... but to state tgat he's a lot better than naismith suggests that

1.Naismith wasn't very good.

2.klaasen is already showing significant improvement over naismith as a player.

It's not 1 cos naismith was a very good player. It's too early to say 2 because we haven't seen him vs prem opponents.

We haven't seen enough of Klaaassen yet but what we have seen I think he will struggle to stay in the team he looks like a fringe player.

We should have give Ross what he wanted money wise we could lose him for nothing.

I like what I've seen of him.

He is capable of excellent first touch football and makes good runs. He's going to get goals and lots of assists this year.

He is going to score to scrappy tap ins and rebounds that Ross doesn't get in the box for.

His close control and crisp passing playing at pace is impressive. The difference between how our players control the ball and linger compared to say Chelsea was massive.

Hopefully the rest of the team will play up to his (and Rooney's) level. Other than short a spells under Moyes our touch passing and interplay has been uninspired. Barkley being the obvious one to blame I guess, lingering with the ball and what not. Gana kills the tempo a lot too.

He doesn't look strong enough to me I do hope I'm wrong but he's nowhere near Barkley's level

I'll be surprised if he scores 5 goals this season.

I think he will struggle he doesn't do enough for me he may need time to settle in.

Easy to forget he's 24, he carries himself that well and is a proper professional.

Like you said, he's only had pre season but when I watch him I just think he knows how to play football. His first time square balls and lay offs are excellent, once the players around get to know it's coming to them and quickly we will see the best of him.

Watch his movement as well, he constantly makes the third man run in behind the striker. He will get 10 goals and atleast 10 assists this year.

So because he's got blonde hair he is like Naismith? fucking hell. That's honestly the only link I can see.

They don't even play in the same position!

Because he's a fuckin terrier in my opinion. He's been the highlight of the poor games so far (along with Keane)